Finish Uni exams today...

Neuro

Easy all...

Finish the ol' exams this afternoon. Of course, a visit to a Public House is in order immedately afterwards (from 3.30pm), and after that we're going out clubbing at the Union for their weekly dance night which is surprisingly quality... so I might not be around this weekend much!

I'm sure there'll be a few stories, will let you know here

Likewise here too Aza! ;)

haha, fook u!!

nah im workin in a steelworks for 2 weeks, and then inputting SAT's results in a computer for a month, borin but it is bout £9/per hour!!!

There u go, not all students do fuk all during the summer!!

im workin in a steelworks for 2 weeks, and then inputting SAT's results in a computer for a month, borin but it is bout £9/per hour!!!

There u go, not all students do fuk all during the summer!!

Only kidding mate. I was once worked during one of my summers in a plastics factory, using a knife, to srartch off notches where the mould meets the plastic. I lasted a week!! Then I went to an electronics factory, and weighed components in their thousands!

Aii - I spoke with Trail this morning. I finished at 11:30, rounded off with a nice maths exam involving a whole pile of engineering formulae etc.

Well spose I gone out on a high doing nitty gritty maths, but its done now and hopefully I can erase my memory over the summer with lots of alcohol!

As I commute to uni I could not endulge in some intoxicating, alcoholic beverages as I had to drive back.

I shall be accompanied by the lovely lady tonight and most probably get mashed on the town!

i need a temporary summer job now - bjorn where did you find yours to?

bjorn where did you find yours to?

easy now, well done finishing uni, wkd feeling innit!!!

i got the jobs through family and friends really, i got the steelworks job thru a mate who works there, and the SATs thing is thru my mum whos a headteacher of a school where i live - contacts thru the council and all that. Did both jobs last summer as well so thats all sorted.

Temping agencies are pretty good also tho i reckon, i know a few people who've used them, can get sum really well paid (but borin) jobs!

yeah you're right! For the first time on my life Im gonna have to put up with some pretty mundane job this year... last year I messed around in Spain, doing promo's for a club, which was quite difficult, because I was asked only to ask girls! Basically, you need girls in a club, and if I could offer them a carrot by way of free drinks or a guestlist entry, I'd be in there! The more people who came the night, the more I'd get paid. I dished out flyers everywhere across the whole of Seville. Unfortunately this was for the R&B night, because the House night was apparently "gay night" and no-one went except blokes, so I had no choice but to blag my way in Spanish to people in the street that this R&B night was "the best thing they'd ever go to" etc... :?

One afternoon I was meant to be dishing out flyers and attracting people to the club, but it was so hot I just didn't have the energy, and hadn't managed to give away anything; then I met a bunch of pretty average Australian girls were also quite reluctant to go, but after 10 minutes I persuaded them so that they'd "definitely think about it" - 6 hours later, there they were in the club, I watched them as they lounged in the VIP area, looking as fit as f***, shooing off every advance by every male in the club, cos everyone was looking at them, they were the "untouchables" :D - I stroll up, obviously no chance! but because I introduced them to the club theyre like "well hello" and with arms round the shoulder we're buying drinks for each other - classic!

Ah the days... it's all about who you know isn't it, not how hard you work!

good story tim, gettin in there with the fitties!!!!

im not looking forward to getting a proper job at the end of uni........... :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:

im not looking forward to getting a proper job at the end of uni...........

It's quite scary that, but also exciting @ the same time...

My enduring fear is coming into some office or whatever on the first day, not knowing anyone and not knowing what the f*** to do :roll:

I hate 1st days of everything; I hate being unfamiliar with things and not knowing where to go :cry:

Having said that, I do like meeting new people, so it kinda makes up for it :)

First days are the worst thing about starting a new job - i'm hunting at the minute since my normal place can't take me back(or any other ppl that I know who go back during uni holidays). It's annoying since i've worked their for four years now, so don't really want to start from scratch again, when there's a perfectly reasonable job that I know and can do well but is unavailable :(

i need to hopefully squeeze in some more work experience this summer to add to my CV so i can hopefully get a place on a PGCE course with a view to P.E teaching in the future.....

Busy summer ahead for me...

I've been with the same company since getting a proper job. With us moving to Glasgow, I'll have to get a new job - and I'm well scared! I want to change career completely as I'm sick of doing early morning shifts that go with the territory (No, I'm not a milkman, but a manager for a distribution firm :D )

I'm thinking about recruitment consultancy - looks good as its a bit of office work and a bit out-and-about, so it doesn't get boring. I could link that with what I already know about distribution and voila!

Archived