Favourite download store (for dance music)

Where do you mostly shop at for your mp3s?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just interested where people shop...

I personally like DJDownload: free tokens given away, nice prices for 320s. Juno is also solid.

I don't like Audiojelly anymore: territory restrictions, all in Euros not Pound Sterling, and (greedily) they charge extra if it's a new release.

Opinions away, sirs! B)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DJDownload are awesome, easily the best player & their customer service is magnificent. Definately the winner imo.

I do like beatport but today I'm having real trouble as the audio clips won't work on the site.

Ive used Audiojelly, DJ Download, Beatport, Trackitdown

I think DJ download is the best for price and rewarding the customer. Never really had any issues.

Audiojelly have been fine for customer service when I've had the occasional corrupt file or something. They are a little pricey though

Trackitdown another good one in my experience. The website is a bit of a faff sometimes though - I hate that when u browse the new releases, if you click on a track to view its details and then press back in the browser, it always goes back to page 1 even if you were on page 3 before or something.. very tedious.

Beatport - had a bad experience with a random charge of £20 taken from my account when I was using some loyalty token or something and they basically charged me when it should have been free. Customer service was useless and did nothing about it. I only recently started using them again but will only use paypal from now on... dont trust them with my card details on record.

Trackitdown.net. I like the website design, and i like they always have artwork (i use Traktor Scratch so i like to have the artwork too). Trackitdown just tend to get the house stuff i really like. They're good for trance too. Beatport is my second favourite. The website design is easily the best/most powerful, but they are expensive and i cant get the artwork!

Djdownload, although the needle drop is a good idea, the rest of the website seem bland. But i do check them occasioanlly.

Only around 10-15% of my music purchases are digital downloads. However, I have used the following: Juno Download, Beatport and Trackitdown.

Of those I'd rank them in this order:

1) JunoDownlaod - Same great service and quality of the physical store.

2) Track-it-down - Good selection of tunes, good value for money.

3) Beatport - Generally expensive, slow and not much cop. I've only used this when I can't find what I want on the other two.

I'd say there is quite a large gap between 2 and 3.

- DJDownload.com are top for me. I love their Needledrop player and their rewarding of loyal customers with free tokens as someone mentioned above.

- Label's own website... often the smaller labels are a goldmine for finding that elusive track - and right on the doorstep too.

- CDJshop has been quite good to me for the occasional Anjunabeats release. I even bought a zip-up top from there as well.

- Juno's good reputation is well-known, it's very good now but I bought more vinyl from there in the past rather than mp3s.

DJ Download is my favourite. The needle drop player is excellent & overall it's very straight forward to use. Also it's great to be rewarded with a free token every now & then...

Beatport would probably follow second, even if it does take AGES to load at times. Mind you, that could also be my bloomin' internet connection! :lol:

I'm pleased people have shunned audiojelly - I used to like them but for some reason I never ever go there.

The prices being in Euros also worries me. I live in England and in England we use the Great British Pound Sterling. :)

DJ Download for me - again, because of the player - plus their prices are good, and they reward you with free downloads.

Trackitdown - Mainly because they have more Hard Trance and Techno than any other website, so they suit my style more. The only gripe is, their "new releases" section is often weeks old and quite stale. Its not very easy to find new releases on there.

I used to use Audiojelly a lot, but now it seems to be over-satured with girly Above & Beyond-esque floaty Trance. Their prices can take the p*** a bit at times too.

Beatport was also good, but their "new, improved" website is actually worse and a step backwards.

DJ Download for me - again, because of the player - plus their prices are good, and they reward you with free downloads.

Trackitdown - Mainly because they have more Hard Trance and Techno than any other website, so they suit my style more. The only gripe is, their "new releases" section is often weeks old and quite stale. Its not very easy to find new releases on there.

I used to use Audiojelly a lot, but now it seems to be over-satured with girly Above & Beyond-esque floaty Trance. Their prices can take the p*** a bit at times too.

Beatport was also good, but their "new, improved" website is actually worse and a step backwards.

Briggsy i thought you loved Above & Beyond-esque floaty Trance & Anjunabeats was your Fav label :lol:

Well I for once enjoy a bit of the lighter Trance - not too much of course - but a small dashing of it for me is, well, essential. So there :P

Edited by Quadrant

Just interested where people shop...

I personally like DJDownload: free tokens, nice prices for 320s. Juno is also good.

I don't like Audiojelly anymore: terrotory restrictions, all in Euros not Pound Sterling, and they charge extra if it's a new release.

Opinions away, sirs! B)

New to downloading so it's great to get some ideas of where to start - thanks

I used to use Audiojelly more than anywhere else but they gradually increased their prices & started charging for using a debit card. I avoid them at all costs now. Their only saving grace is they sometimes get the Armada exclusives but they rip you off for those too. I know beatport can seem a little pricey sometimes but at least they don't hike up prices to £2.39 for exclusives