Favourite download store (for dance music)

Where do you mostly shop at for your mp3s?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've noticed aj have lowered their exclusives to £1.99 in line with Beatport.

Vonyc was annoying because you had to pay a tenner into a virtual account rather than paying per tune, the maxmp3 bit rates was 192 aswell. They were one of the first if not the first to offer Wavs though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally forgot to put iTunes onto the list.... but they don't do 320k downloads and they are in annoying AAC format as well. And it's only mainstream stuff on there so I assume no-one uses it for downloading dance music. :)

I totally forgot to put iTunes onto the list.... but they don't do 320k downloads and they are in annoying AAC format as well. And it's only mainstream stuff on there so I assume no-one uses it for downloading dance music. :)

aac 256 is equiv to 320 mp2 apparently, theers loads of dance stuff on there these days, theyve cleaned up their act, that said,if they have exclusives sometimes I buy from there.

Vonyc was the biggest load of bollucks ever, at the time PVD wouldnt play mp3's only wavs so I read, yet he ran a download site that sold 192's, he wouldnt play 192's ffsso why sell them , the wav handling fee was ridiculous aswell.

• 6 months later...

7Digital are also good and so I add them to this list... helps the newbie sirs on here...

Any more delicious download stores to add to the list since we last did this?

And am I also right in that CDJshop has now gone bust?? :huh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just noticed today that junodownload now uses the same needle drop player as DJ Download

Good to see. Juno bought them out earlier this year when they went bust and I for one am actually pleased they've therefore been able to nick their needleplayer. :D

Trackitdown also have a similiar needleplayer too, I wish Beatport would adopt it aswell, although I suppose now with a lot of labels using soundcloud and even youtube to up extended previews of forthcoming tracks it probably won't happen.

My only gripe with labels is those like Distinct'ive who've been around for ages but for some reason don't sell their back catalogue before 2003.

WHY NOT? There are still people who remember those tunes!

E.g. Kayestone - Atmosphere :(

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...