A pondery

emy

They do hold there value, and even thou I dont hardly use them, Wouldn't swap them for anything. Think brand new there £450 each and im guessing this comes with a mixer aswell? If so pretty good value if not I'd hunt around still.

Dunno, my speakers cost 750, can't remember my amp price but that would be the most expensive thing. probably the most expensive thing I own.

My decks and original mixer didn't cost That much reallt about 650 I think, they are only Citronics though, and my boyfriend at the time bought them for me, even though I wanted Technics :rolleyes: anyway, I have since got another mixer which was dearer and shinier, but I have recently been using my old mixer coz I have a soft spot for it's Basicity(if that's a word)

Records cost alot too, so added up, they've probably made me the POOR person I am today ;)

Does seem a lot of cash and it really depends on how serious you want to take mixing. That would be my best piece of advice to you...

Back in my more major days of mixing (on the decks every day for about 2 hrs) I was well into it (still am of course, just timing is more difficult these days), but I bought full set of kit, 2 x 1210's and basic mixer (to start out with) and worked my way up with the mixers as I developed more competency, so for me, it was a very well thought out decision and ultimately I decided, a worthy investment...

I think it is best to start with quality decks because adapting to a new mixer is nothing compared to cheaper decks! I then sold old kit to make way for newer stuff and probably busted about ~£1k in total (plus records of course).

Why don't you look at CDJs? They have almost the same touch and feel to 1210s and of course, as has been argued on here thoroughly, digital is next thing... I ended up selling my entire kit for CDJs and a DJM and Mr Traill will recall those days because he helped so generously with a custom site that I linked to my ebay auction ;)

Edited by Aza

Sorry, I thought Ems was saying what's the most you've spent on ya kit, and that hers was 849 on her Technics 1210's!

I love Technics!! Everyone else has let me use theirs. And I love them!

I'd love CDJ's too, but I think Ems does D'n'B and thats a mainly vinyl genre still isn't it? :)

Edited by Number 2 fan

I got my Technics for £500... bargain and they were only about a year old but also didn't have much use really. They were a good mate of mine's who went to Uni and decided before he went to quit DJing and sell all his kit and tunes... so I was lucky really to get that deal. They are still in tip top condition 6/7 years down the line... they really do last a long time.

I've spent alot over the years on various Kit though.

Before the Technics I had a pair of Gemini decks which I started on. They were probably about £400 but cant really remember.

I'm on my 3rd mixer now, first one cost around £200, next one £320, now Ive got a Pioneer DJM-700 which was £849.

I have an old Numark twin CD player, CDN-24.. which was around £500 new. That was then replaced with CDJ-800's at £500 each. I then sold the pair for £550 so half what I paid for them. Then spent £1600 on CDJ-1000's back in January.

It is quite scary working all that out really. Thats before considering I have nearly 1000 vinyls at an average cost of say £5 each.... well the maths is easy there.

Scary but I dont regret it - I genuinely love this hobby or I wouldn't have spent that money on it so I'm not too bothered.

I'm currently using Technics too. They're the same ones i bought in 98 or 99 and they are still going strong. I had some CDJ's but i just dont get on with them. For me, they're too sensitive, and i can't get used to 10% pitch. So i sold them and got Traktor Scratch Pro instead. I can play my MP3's using Technics and still play normal vinyl. For me, this is the perfect solution. The only problem with it is, is not all venues have the option to use a laptop - yet. But more and more are, and checks beforehand allow me to usually get this sorted.

I do know someone though who is selling his CDJ800's. He selling them at a stupid price and i'm tempted because he's selling them so cheap, but i just dont know if its worth me buying some.

There aint f all wrong with citronics why do you think my entire set up is made by this company! the PD2 direct drive turntables are superb, sod forking out more dosh for technics, I dont see the point, theres enough bloody torque in this buggers.

I've never thought 'ooh I gotta have technics,or pioneers etc..'

I know technics and pioneers are standard for most clubs theses days, but why should I fork out a lot more for stuff for home use when I'll have to travel a lot or pay silly money to send off for repairs etc.. if it ever happens??

Especially when All my kit can be fixed by Matey downtown-hes a citronic dealer

Feel free to rubbish any of the above :lol:

I'm trying to remember now, cd players were £250 each, mixer was around £300 each tt mustve been like £300 aswell , got the receipts for everything somewhere,will have to dig them out to confirm spendage!

That's fair enough Jason, each is entitled to their opinion and if you are happy with your equipment then there's no need to feel pressure to upgrade it or whatever... which you obviously dont feel so all good.

For me personally, I had CD decks first in the form of a twin deck. In the light of more modern designs these are just not suitable for serious CD mixing. Arguably I could have chosen a cheaper table top CD deck... but part of me always wants to buy the best on the market.. hence going the Pioneer route. I have used Numark's Axis 9's and these were awful in comparison. I have not really tried any others. They are all different though and I would not want to play out somewhere on unfamiliar CDJ's, hence getting the industry standard pioneers. I have also had both 800's and 1000's and although similar I can definately appreciate the improvements on the 1000s. They are a steep jump up in price but I would never go back now having got used to them - its all about 6% pitch.. so much more accurate.

My feelings on Technics are very similar. They are just so good and I got mine at a good price too. I do some scratching also and they are excellent for that.

Hmmmm I weren't really knockin' em I was just saying I wanted technics and I got Citronics (PD1s as it goes.)

That was ages ago, and they are going strong, my marantz CD player however is broken some how, dunno what's wrong with it, dunno how much it'll be to get it fixed, it was quite dear.

I don't really know what any of my equipment is, unless it has it written on it still lol!!

Does seem a lot of cash and it really depends on how serious you want to take mixing. That would be my best piece of advice to you...

Back in my more major days of mixing (on the decks every day for about 2 hrs) I was well into it (still am of course, just timing is more difficult these days), but I bought full set of kit, 2 x 1210's and basic mixer (to start out with) and worked my way up with the mixers as I developed more competency, so for me, it was a very well thought out decision and ultimately I decided, a worthy investment...

I think it is best to start with quality decks because adapting to a new mixer is nothing compared to cheaper decks! I then sold old kit to make way for newer stuff and probably busted about ~£1k in total (plus records of course).

Why don't you look at CDJs? They have almost the same touch and feel to 1210s and of course, as has been argued on here thoroughly, digital is next thing... I ended up selling my entire kit for CDJs and a DJM and Mr Traill will recall those days because he helped so generously with a custom site that I linked to my ebay auction ;)

CDJS !!!!!!!!!

IM A VINYL HEAD

I dont think CDJ's will have that long left in them. With the advent of Laptop and Midi, they'll be phased out soon enough, and i think turntables WILL STILL remain due to all the music available on vinyl. I want to soon start exploring Midi controllers. But for now, i like using technics/laptop - it works fine.

Aza, they are CDJ800Mk2's...I'm contemplating because he is selling them so cheap, but i just dont know if its worth me getting them or not?