A pondery

emy

CDJS !!!!!!!!!

IM A VINYL HEAD

Then this song is most appropriate for you ;)

Moonman - CDJMKII's are cool - I have MKI's and the second versions have MP3 compatibility so you can certainly get plenty of tracks on a 700Mb cd unlike plain audio discs.

If the price is good - why not go for em? :)

I don't think CD's are dead yet, certainly a fair few years left yet.... IMO ;)

All depends what music you mix.

Vinyl is still the main format in many genres of dance music - Drum n Bass, Hardcore/Hardtek, Gabba... plus if you already have a load of old vinyl chances are you wont get all that music digitially - such as the Oldskool/hardcore stuff - people who still collect that stuff would have to be vinyl only.

I think CDs will be around for a while yet as well. The main thing which has changed in the more mainstream dance genres is the way we get our music. MP3 stores have replaced the record shops in the Trance/House scenes especially. But what you do with those MP3s is still very much down the individual. Burn em to CD, keep em on a hard disk and use laptops and midi controllers or even Turntables to control the software. So basically people are still using turntables and CDJ's - I dont think they will be completely phased out for a good while.

So many clubs have CDJ's in as well that I would imagine most DJ's could still happily rock up with a wallet of CDs and be ok where as the laptop stuff tho becoming more common - Im guessing alot of the time you'd take your own laptop and hardware etc with you as the clubs aren't gonna have exactly what you need necessarily. So either carry laptop and accessories around.. or a wallet of CDs. I personally find the CD route is still easy enough for me and I dont want to think about software based mixing yet. I also still love to mix my old vinyls.. I think its still the best format overall and so will never sell my decks.