2 Tracks from Nov - Dec 99

Sy5gtt

Hi Chaps.

It's been a 9 year search so far and I stumbled accross the tape I have the other day. It's from a Saturday Show and the webchart winner was Higate "Pitchin". Jules did a 3 track mix at the end of the show which included "wake up the funk". The 2 tracks prior to that are the 2 I need to find.

1st was a vocal tune with piano. It starts with a guitar riff and a vocal "Its been such a long long time". I though it was called "Your the one" as the vocal said but now I'm not sure. Quite a beutiful piece of music.

2nd was a fast trance which had a sort of trible chant over the breakdown "A ah nah nah". An absolute belter IMO. Totally uplifting.

Any help would be great.

Sy.

A couple of audio clips up here and someone on here will ID it in seconds for you Sy sir! :)

Let us know if you need help making the mp3 clips.

Cheers Guys. It's not "turn it around". I have all the usual Jules anthems on CD and 12" and these 2 are missing from my collection. I think the second tune was only played once. I have the audio tape but have no way of getting it on to my laptop. Any advise on a cheap and cheerful way. :D

I have the audio tape but have no way of getting it on to my laptop. Any advise on a cheap and cheerful way. :D

Walkman

walkman.gif

+ 3.5mm male jack (both ends) from the headphone / line out socket

35mmto35mm.jpg

...into your line in / mic on your PC/laptop

all4.jpg

+ record the incoming sound using something like Audacity free audio recorder

audacity-vi.jpg

+ Upload onto some webspace and post the link for us.

logo.png

Or I guess you can post the tape to one of the admins, member FuzzY-LogiC is the audio mod, sir B)

(Sorry about the rather 80s photo of a Walkman by the way, was the first one in google images!)

Edited by Quadrant

If using a Walkman, one important thing is making sure it has new batteries, so the playback is smooth and doesn't change in speed making the audio wavy.

Another thing is to make sure the audio level is set so there is no distortion. It's better to record at a low level than a too loud level.

couldn't find the project data folder: "Jules tracks 99_data"

Unable to open file.

Export the project as mp3 say 128 quality then upload that guv.

I've tried using lame and it wont find it on my laptop even though it's saved in my music. Any ideas?

Theres no tracklist for this show in the archives, it'd be great if you could record the entire show or how much of it you have to upload guv :) we'd all love to hear it.

No Probs. I dont have the whole show for some reason,just the last 30 mins or so. I have loads of them on tape but mostly Saturday shows.

Edited by Sy5gtt