DJ's that have almost single-handedly changed a particular genre.

Briggsy

Throwing my hat in the ring here to select:

Laurent Véronnez: (Belgium)

At the forefront of the whole Bonzai Records sound for many years (before and after it went bust some years ago) and boasts an astonishing catalogue of quality tracks to his name, and thankfully still exploring different avenues of Trance and other electronic music. Has lots of solo aliases which you'll be familiar with, including: Airwave, The Green Martian, L-Vee, North Pole, V-Three, Velvet Girl, Lolo.... and also forms part of groups such as Body-Shock, Fire & Ice, Cape Town, Ultravibe... :)

Throwing my hat in the ring here to select:

Laurent Véronnez: (Belgium)

At the forefront of the whole Bonzai Records sound for many years (before and after it went bust some years ago) and boasts an astonishing catalogue of quality tracks to his name, and thankfully still exploring different avenues of Trance and other electronic music. Has lots of solo aliases which you'll be familiar with, including: Airwave, The Green Martian, L-Vee, North Pole, V-Three, Velvet Girl, Lolo.... and also forms part of groups such as Body-Shock, Fire & Ice, Cape Town, Ultravibe... :)

Totally agree with you on that one Neuro! B)

I reckon that Laurent Veronnez is probably the number one producer since the 1999 era who took trance to a new level. His tunes were all consistantly excellent & they all had that typical Bonzai sound at the time. I remember at one point (around 2002-03) my record box was about 90% full of LV's/Bonzai style tunes. I rest my case, your honour...

Also, I'm going to select...

F&W / DJ Choose (Denmark)

These guys have supplied countless productions & remixes with their unique banging/euphoric tech-trance style and unmistakable sound. Their consistency (especially around 2003-04) was second to none & their tunes filled the playlists of many big name trance DJs. Other names they recorded under include Perfect 10, Tukan, That Mucho, ATN, and more. :)

Edited by DJ MikeW
  • Like 1

I forgot about Airwave, good pick - a true stalwart of the Progressive Trance genre!

I would like to select on a more Housey scene: Dave Lee - more commonly known as that legend Joey Negro B)

Oliver Klein in 2000ish. Not single handedly I'll admit, but I'd say he was a 'spokesperson' of sorts for that sort of tech house around then.

Also Corvin Dalek for creating his very own Wet & Hard genre which was f***ing mind blowing at the time, nice guy as well.

Youtube Video ->

Tony De Vit

because without him, you would't of had djs like fergie, and the guy was a pioneer of the trance/harder dance scene.

it was rumoured that in the early days of tony de vits career, he used to dj and then stay behind and clean the club at trade nights at turnmills..

he took fergie under his wings for a while, and fergie moved over to england to persue his career more.

in the early days when he was mentoring fergie, it was said that fergie would record tapes and tony would listen to them ans if he ever ever heard fergie touch or nudge the record with his hands he would chuck the tape out the window, forcing fergie to ride the pitch controll.

• 8 years later...
On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2009 at 11:27 AM, MikeW said:

Totally agree with you on that one Neuro! B)

I reckon that Laurent Veronnez is probably the number one producer since the 1999 era who took trance to a new level. His tunes were all consistantly excellent & they all had that typical Bonzai sound at the time. I remember at one point (around 2002-03) my record box was about 90% full of LV's/Bonzai style tunes. I rest my case, your honour...

Also, I'm going to select...

F&W / DJ Choose (Denmark)

These guys have supplied countless productions & remixes with their unique banging/euphoric tech-trance style and unmistakable sound. Their consistency (especially around 2003-04) was second to none & their tunes filled the playlists of many big name trance DJs. Other names they recorded under include Perfect 10, Tukan, That Mucho, ATN, and more. :)

L.V & M.I.K.E of course .. BUT I really liked your comment about F&W  !!

Really glad to hear that someone else is appreciating their unique sounds, circa early noughties  !!

as you say they had lots of production guises ..

I remember them with lots of affection ...

aside from MIKE, probably my favourite trance outfit ever !

out of Denmark  ..

I lost track of them and have been searching for info ever since .. I know they split and Fredriksson.. and Weile went separate ways ..

I miss them , a lot !

( if U have ANY info about them .. give me an e mail !!  I would love it , thanks .. )