Your favourite on-the-way-home fast food outlet

Quadrant

Hungry?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After Sir Ross's excellent club report and my imagination of a large female (who got in the way of his picture with Jules) hopefully collapsing in Chicken Cottage, I was wondering what types of food people search for after a night out and they're feeling peckish.

I've ordered in terms of nationality, which might be generalising a bit, so specify after your vote.

(Just for the record, for some reason I used to almost always make cheese on toast when I got home, + bit of Lea & Perrins. perfect.)

A picture:

070214_chickencottage.jpg

Edited by Quadrant

I try and get home and knock something up instead of forking out for some over-priced food which will make me ill.

In the south of Spain they have random street stalls which you can wander up to anytime at until 6am, and they sell purely churros. If I'm honest I'm not absoutely sure what they are but they're kind of like a very large bunch of hot pastry tubes, which you dip into chocolate or sugar. Very cheap, very moreish, and great at soaking up the night's drinks!

I know you like your pictures Quadrant so here goes: (a pic of churros & chocolate) :D

Churros.091427.jpg

What I did use to have, was 1/2 e.g. two 1/4 burgers with cheese kebab meat and salad, havent had this for a few months though, hell I had something from McD's for the 1st time this year! and I won't be having anything from there again!

for the last two months, i've been on a strict diet. I try to be good and have toast ad marmite (about 4 slices!) when i get in. But it used to be the good old burger and chips. Donners just have far too much fat content for me. So yeah, a life of protein shakes, fruit, and pasta/chicken combos is what i'm on at the minute, and the temptation to have a burger is sometimes overwhelming.

I usually avoid food after drinking but occasionally I'll hit the pork sandwich shop in Wolverhampton or if I'm really drunk maybe Greggs (they stay open until 4am in Wolves now).

When we were in Prague I found a fantastic Greek take-out which served authentic Gyros & Souvlaki, that was possibly the finest post-drinking food I've ever had

I usually avoid food after drinking but occasionally I'll hit the pork sandwich shop in Wolverhampton or if I'm really drunk maybe Greggs (they stay open until 4am in Wolves now).

When we were in Prague I found a fantastic Greek take-out which served authentic Gyros & Souvlaki, that was possibly the finest post-drinking food I've ever had

That the pork sandwich shop opposite the Royal London?

It's gotta be a Subway for me. Itallian BMT, Steak & Cheese, or Meatball Marinara. Heaven.

I've voted for my on the way home from work food. I do not eat on the way home from a night out, and normally not for a day or two after either, if it was a particularly good night! :)

I'm exactly the same at the moment. I haven't voted because I didn't eat anything after going out, but today I haven't felt the need to eat either. I have done obviously, but I just haven't been hungry. Maybe this is the weight-loss plan I have been searching for!?

I'm exactly the same at the moment. I haven't voted because I didn't eat anything after going out, but today I haven't felt the need to eat either. I have done obviously, but I just haven't been hungry. Maybe this is the weight-loss plan I have been searching for!?

Ha maybe. I lost stones when I was clubbing on a weekly basis. ;)

mostly i have chicken burger or a quarter pounder, sometimes pizza, but many times in manchester iv tried to find a late open chineese restaurant in china town

Gotta love Manchester mate im in love with the place it's great cant wait to get back over again hopefully sept time :D

That don't look to appealing. I bet it gives you the shish's after you've eaten it too :o

Lol - nah - shish meat is much better and very nice, especially when your under the influence. Only thing is they take about 5-10mins to cook because the meat gotta be cooked there and then but is worth it ;)