Your most played gig tune!

Briggsy

Soooo, we all have our favourite tunes that we still dig out regularly despite being quite old - so what tunes do you play regularly at gigs or radio shows despite them being quite old.

My most played tunes are definately Fred Baker - Total Blackout, Dark Alliance - Genetic, Poloroid - So Damn Beautiful (Dogzilla remix) and Dark Monks - Insane (Steve Murano mix).

For my more commercial gigs, I tend to keep Tiesto - Adagio For Strings (Original or Fred Baker mixes - depending on how hard i'm playing) and 4 Strings - Into The Night (various mixes - agan, depending on the kind of set i'm playing) in my CD wallet at all times.

Sooo, what are your most played 'oldies'?

Nah don't be daft, people used to play that cos they couldn't get the original mix on vinyl ;)

Still gives me shivers if heard at the right time / volume.

Oh, and used correctly as well, had to use it correctly, and if done right, became an absolute weapon of a tune.

Edited by Judge Mental

Rhinekraft is a tune. Never played it out mind.

I tend to play a lot of bars rather than main rooms at the moment. One that i do always like to play out (even now i've considerably changed my sound) is Freemasons "Watchin'. I love it. I like the vocal, i think its really well done too.

Another one that gets heavy rotation is Chilli Hi-Fly "Is It Love" (the original mix) from early 1999. I dont know why, but i love it and it always seems to do the business. I really hope this style of disco inspired house makes a comeback cos it still fills floors.

Others i keep in the record box (remember those?) is Axwell "Feel The Vibe", Hoxton Whores "Shiny Disco Balls vs. 77 Strings" mashup, Michael Gray "The Weekend, Thick D "Insatiable" (Junior Jack Mix .

I've always classed myself as a funky house dj in the main that likes trance and techno. I espeically love the old filtered/disco sound from 1998-2000. If im ever given the choice between a warmup funky gig or a peaktime trance set, i'd take the warmup funky all day long. In fact, thats what i normally/always go for (the funky gigs).

The thing i like about playing bars is most people aren't too messy at that point of the night, so everyone is still looking sexy, good music playing and your mates at the venue and its a right good laugh.

Edited by Moonman

Haven't gigged properly for a while now, but can clearly recall three battered vinyl's of mine that I'd always play:

VPL - T Break (Steve Murano Remix)

Plummet - Damaged (Antillas Remix)

and if Bjorn were still around, he would most certainly agree - DK - Murder Was The Bass

Other popular tracks were (harder gigs (more frequent) and trance gigs (student radio show):

Frank Biazzi - Turbulence

TNT - First Match (Technoboy remix)

Dave Joy - First Impression (SHOKK remix)

Signum - What Ya Got for Me (Original Vox / Flash Harry remix)

Svenson - Sunlight Theory (big fave with Bigsteve too :))

Boca - Play With Me (Bellfire mix)

PVD - Nothing But You

Warrior - If You Want Me

Iiio - At The End (Woods Remix)

My style has changed since then and I'm back to my more trancier stuff now, although don't play as much these days, so would struggle to find tracks for these days (from the top of my head)...

Nah don't be daft, people used to play that cos they couldn't get the original mix on vinyl ;)

Still gives me shivers if heard at the right time / volume.

Oh, and used correctly as well, had to use it correctly, and if done right, became an absolute weapon of a tune.

Funny you should say that, I always comlained about the volume and eq for the mix in part of rheincraft. I always needed a track with a very minimal dropout to get the full effect off it. But when it worked, magic.

Baker & Nash - Luner Eclipse & Paul Webster - Corruption. Bought both of these off trackitdown when I first got my decks and they really set the tone for the style of music that I love!

Good choices! I've still got Corruption and Cut off in my CD wallet as they still go down a treat, and i've got quite a few Fred Baker tunes in my wallet too because they fit in with my style perfectly.

Max Graham 'Crank'

Young Parisians ft Ben Lost 'Jump The Next Train' (Probspot Remix)

Marcus Schossow 'Mr White' (Ruben de Ronde Remix) - I made my own edit of this which always goes down well.

I tend to have a large selection of older tracks in the wallet so that I can play different ones most of the time, those 3 have featured most than most though

I tend to have a large selection of older tracks in the wallet so that I can play different ones most of the time, those 3 have featured most than most though

Yeah, same as me really. I've got some older ones tucked away at the back of my wallet, and each time i've got a gig, I rip two or three from vinyl so that my older collection builds up again.

It'd take yonks to convert all of my vinyl to CD, so i'm just doing it as I go along now :(

As many of you know, I now use Traktor Scratch, so keep most of mine on the hard drive - its so much easier! ut i do take a record box with me and in the main, load it with classic never fail type stuff. And like Briggsy, the sole reason i take the record box is i cant be arsed to rip vinyl either, so i just play it :)

Another track that is in the box that i forgot about is a white label by an artist who i still dont know! all i know is it call "High In Love" (Instrumental Remix). It's from 2005 and its great. All i know about it is this ; "High In Love" Discogs entry

Edited by Moonman

I used to take a few vinyls with me but so many places now just don't bother with vinyl decks being hooked up or if they are they're covered in crap & take ages to set-up. In all of the gigs I've played I've only ever actually played one track from vinyl at my very first gig.

Haven't gigged properly for a while now, but can clearly recall three battered vinyl's of mine that I'd always play:

VPL - T Break (Steve Murano Remix)

Plummet - Damaged (Antillas Remix)

and if Bjorn were still around, he would most certainly agree - DK - Murder Was The Bass

Other popular tracks were (harder gigs (more frequent) and trance gigs (student radio show):

Frank Biazzi - Turbulence

TNT - First Match (Technoboy remix)

Dave Joy - First Impression (SHOKK remix)

Signum - What Ya Got for Me (Original Vox / Flash Harry remix)

Svenson - Sunlight Theory (big fave with Bigsteve too :))

Boca - Play With Me (Bellfire mix)

PVD - Nothing But You

Warrior - If You Want Me

Iiio - At The End (Woods Remix)

My style has changed since then and I'm back to my more trancier stuff now, although don't play as much these days, so would struggle to find tracks for these days (from the top of my head)...

Most of them are a good shout to be honest - love Turbulence!

Had to have a think about this one. Probably Picotto/Ferri - New Time New Place.

Though much thought was given as to when the right time was to drop it, I've played it successful in the following situations with no dramas and it's become a never leave the box type tune:

- Indie nights (when it's ok to slip a bit of dance in, was peel playlisted after all)

- Indie Dance nights (self explanatory)

- Commercial Techno

- Non-Commercial Techno (if you're a bit clever and spice things up a bit with sampling/looping clever drops quick mixes etc)

- Trance

- Tech-Trance

- Electro House

- 8-bity, synth-popy, electro, video game type stuff

- And of course 'eclectic' nights

Other than that it's New Order - Blue Monday. Never ever played that in any set and had a bad reaction. In fact it has had more plays but NTNP struck me as a very versitile tune the other day.