Your ideal "no A-lister/headliner" line-up

Briggsy

Probably like a lot of other clubbers, i'm bored of the same old predictable line-ups from the likes of Gods or Gatecrasher where it always seems to be Above & Beyond, Armin, Ferry Corsten or Paul van Dyk on rotation each month - I like to see some of the 'lesser profile' (and often better performing) smaller DJ's on line-ups.

If you could choose any line-up featuring smaller, 'lesser profile' DJs (ie, no Armins, van Dyks, Tiestos, van Doorns, A&B, Schulz's, Halliwells, etc), then what line-up would you choose?

Mine would be something like this:

Tech-Trance Line-Up

10pm til 12am - Genix

12am til 1.30am - Richard Durand

1.30am til 3am - Greg Downey

3am til 4.15am - John O'Callaghan

4.15am til 5.30am - Bryan Kearney

5.30am til 7am - Jordan Suckley

Barry Connell would have been in that line-up too :( Marcel Woods just missed out.

Trancey line-up

10pm til 12am - Jon O'Bir

12am til 1.30am - Matt Darey

1.30am til 3am - Ian Betts

3am til 4.30am - Claudia Cazacu

4.30am til 6am - Mark Eteson

I like the idea, there are precious few promotions that would ever do something like this (ElectronicSessions in London being the most notable exception) as it just doesn't seem to make ecomonic sense. I'd post a lineup but to be honest my favourite DJs right now aren't really headliners, they all play early doors & I wouldn't want to bore anyone with a prog fest :P

I like the idea, there are precious few promotions that would ever do something like this (ElectronicSessions in London being the most notable exception) as it just doesn't seem to make ecomonic sense. I'd post a lineup but to be honest my favourite DJs right now aren't really headliners, they all play early doors & I wouldn't want to bore anyone with a prog fest :P

I think the idea of the thread is TO POST your fave NON A-LIST/HEADLINERS :)

So you should do one.

I get my ideal lineup every Saturday night at the Sub Club in Glasgow, Harri and Domenic plus a quality guest.

Guaranteed £8 well spent without fail.

Fabric sound system in a space the size of your toilet, except your toilet probably doesn't have a bodysonic dance floor!

Loving the 7am finish Briggsy!! I like your line up very much apart from the fact I've never seen Genix.

I'd love my event to finish with Picotto playing a classic set. Will never forget seeing him at Donnington Park on the 2001-2002 NYE. Dropped 'DJ Elite - That Camera Track' right near the end. The place just went off!!!

I like your line up very much apart from the fact I've never seen Genix.

Genix is quality mate. Very versatile and can play a good set whether he's on at 10pm or 4am - he plays across the board.

His warm-up sets are spot on though - very dark, moody, Techy stuff. He's quite different from the usual warm-up DJ's who tend to stick to light, proggy Trance.

So are these people not A-LIST/Headliners? :huh:

Tech-Trance Line-Up

10pm til 12am - Genix

12am til 1.30am - Richard Durand

1.30am til 3am - Greg Downey

3am til 4.15am - John O'Callaghan

4.15am til 5.30am - Bryan Kearney

5.30am til 7am - Jordan Suckley

Barry Connell would have been in that line-up too sad.gif Marcel Woods just missed out.

Trancey line-up

10pm til 12am - Jon O'Bir

12am til 1.30am - Matt Darey

1.30am til 3am - Ian Betts

3am til 4.30am - Claudia Cazacu

4.30am til 6am - Mark Eteson

Here's my ideal line-up.

10.00 - 10.05pm: The Cut-Up Boys

10.05pm - 4.55am: Crazy Frog (Special 6hr 50min set)

4.55 - 5am: Paul Oakenfold

Edited by Quadrant

Remy used to be quality. I saw him a few times warming up for Armin and he always did a top job. The last time I saw him was at Turnmills a few months before it closed - but he was playing some weird, wacky, minimal Techno stuff - which was very different from his usual style. Since then, i've not seen him around much. Armin seems ot have ditched him in favour of Blake Jarrell now :(

Here's my ideal line-up.

10.00 - 10.05pm: The Cut-Up Boys

10.05pm - 4.55am: Crazy Frog (Special 6hr 50min set)

4.55 - 5am: Paul Oakenfold

i take it this is a joke but confused as the cut up boys are there :S the are in there own league really anyone agree ? They rock, especially the 'cut up cuts' they used to do to open jules old shows :)

Remy's still superb, but he does have potential to play some extremely deep sets, hence my putting him on first, Right now Blake is the best prog DJ out there imo

Is he still part of Armada? I just wondered why he don't seem to follow Armin around now like he used to. I thought he'd perhaps moved agancies.

Is he still part of Armada? I just wondered why he don't seem to follow Armin around now like he used to. I thought he'd perhaps moved agancies.

Yeh he's still with Armada, he's playing a few of their Ibiza dates this year & 68 Records still operates under the Armada umbrella. He's been doing his own parties in Holland this year titled 'Bang' with Patch Park, Harry Lemon, El Sandro & alike