Beat Logistix @ The Liquid Lounge, Banbury. Saturday 29th August 2009

Beat Logistix launches its first ever Trance event in Banbury on Saturday 29th August with DJ's Carl Briggs and Donna Marie - plus special guest DJ's TBC.

Taking place at the intimate Liquid Lounge venue, the night kicks off at 9pm, and will cover for all things Trance - from progressive and uplifting Trance, through to Tech-Trance and Hard Trance.

This first event starts as a one-off trial - and entry is COMPLETELY FREE all night! Should this event prove to be successful, then Beat Logistix will return on a monthly basis on the last Saturday of each month - so, please show your support by turning up nice and early.

Not only will this event be free, but ALL future Beat Logistix events will be completely free of charge too! We'll be bringing fresh, enthusiastic, up-and-coming DJ's to Banbury - so feel free to pop along on the night with a demo CD. We PROMISE to listen to ALL demo CD's that are handed to us for consideration.

See you there hopefully!

augustflyer.jpg

Edited by Briggsy

• 2 weeks later...

August Line-Up

CHRIS MARSH may still be young but already has bags of experience to his name. He started DJ'ing at the tender age of 15, and now, at the age of 22, he has had a string of residencies in bars and clubs all over Oxford and played at some of the citys biggest and most prestigious nights - playing alongside the likes of MARCEL WOODS, MATT HARDWICK, RICHARD DURAND, LOST WITNESS, DAVE PEARCE & BODYROX! In 2008 he was spotted by the local radio station Oxford FM 107.9 for his flair and presence behind the decks as well as his impeccable track selection and was given a weekly show on Saturdays which he and a friend called 'Arcane Sessions'. After entering, and winning, the "I'm Your DJ" Competition he was given the opportunity to play alongside Ministry of Sound/Hed Kandi DJ, Joshua Roberts, at the Palace nightclub in Witney. He then went on to earn residencies at Shelter @ the Raduno bar in London, Touch @ Rehab in Swindon and the newly opened SIN nightclub in Mirfield where he played on the clubs opening night and has continued to impress ever since!

DONNA MARIE makes the short trip over from Northampton to bring her unique blend of deep progressive Trance combined with uplifting vocal Trance to the Beat Logistix decks! Despite DJ'ing for just three years, Donna is already making a big name for herself in clubland! She was resident DJ for Inferno (based in Coventry) for 2008, and she has also been confirmed as Beat Logistix resident for 2009! She has also DJ'ed across various other parts of England for Movement (Oswestry), Re-Vival (Northampton), Off The Leash (Northampton) and Audio Liquid (Birmingham) - playing alongside Jamie Harrison, Davey Asprey & Adam le Saint! Besides her club gigs, you can also catch Donna presenting her fortnightly "Entry2Heaven" radio show on www.djsinthemix.net on the first and third Thursday of each month from 9pm until 11pm. For an idea of Donna's style, think Markus Schulz combined with Super8 and DJ Tab!

CARL BRIGGS travels down from Coventry to round the night off with his energetic, driving, 'tougher' sound! Not one to be pigeon-holed to one particular genre, Carl often likes to cross over from Tech-Trance, to Hard Trance, to the occasional bit of Hard, Funky, Techno throughout his sets. Carl likes to tease the crowd by combining new, fresh tunes, along with the odd one-or-two tunes from the past! However, rather than opting for predictable classics, Carl prefers to pick out forgotten gems! Carl's style is influenced by DJ's such as Eddie Halliwell, the late Barry Connell (RIP), Bryan Kearney and Richard Durand! Expect plenty of 'bosh' to round the night off!

Don't forget - its FREE ENTRY all night - so we hope to see you down at The Liquid Lounge in Banbury on Saturday August 29th from 9pm!

• 3 weeks later...

Not long to go now guys!

The remainder of the years line-ups are almost finalised too:

Saturday August 29th: Chris Marsh, Carl Briggs, Donna Marie.

Saturday September 26th: Tom Bailey, Matt Farmer, Carl Briggs, Donna Marie.

Saturday October 31st: Hiddenagenda (TBC), Scott Beaumont (1/3 of Elusive DJs), Aaron Amihere, Carl Briggs, Donna Marie.

Saturday November 28th: BEN NICKY (Vandit, Godskitchen, The Syndicate Bristol), Adam le Saint (TBC), Carl Briggs, Donna Marie.

Sunday December 27th (Trance Classics Christmas Special): Carl Briggs (1990's set) , Donna Marie, The Friar (Out of retirement for one night only!)

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with this mate. Hope you get the punters in and everyone has a top night. September looks good - I've heard of that Tom Bailey bloke and he's supposed to be quite good. :thumbsup:

haha cheers mate! Yeah, i've heard that Tom Bailey is quite good too. I'll let you know next month :D lol

With just 5 days to go before the launch night, we caught up with Donna Marie for a quick interview......

Beat Logistix: You're making your debut for Beat Logistix on Saturday - without giving too much away, what can we expect from your set?

Donna Marie: I am indeed! OK, I'd say deep, dark and techy to the more uplifting, driving stuff - usually with a few vocals in. Similar to stuff played by one of my favourite DJs.

Beat Logistix: Describe your style in just three words.

Donna Marie: Dark and Unique

Beat Logistix: Where does your style come from - have any favourite DJ's influenced your style, or have you just discovered your own sound simply through listening to tunes and preferring a particular style?

Donna Marie: I've changed my style a lot from when I first started out. I would definately say influences for me have been Markus Schulz & Super8 & Tab. I absolutely love their dark side to their sets. It makes it different and I feel it's nice to try and have a style that suits you personally.

Beat Logistix: You've been DJ'ing for two and a half years now, but so far, haven't considered producing - is that something you would like to do in the future?

Donna Marie: I havent as of yet due to lack of time unfortunately, but yes it is something i would like to consider at the right time :o)

Beat Logistix: OK, random question time - if you could play at any club in the world, and pick 3 DJ's to play alongside, what club and line-up would you choose?

Donna Marie: Hmm now that is a really tough one! I would probably say theres 2 choices - Amnesia (Ibiza) due to Ibiza being the huge front of club music. The atmosphere is fantastic, but 2nd choice would be Sasazu (Prague). The clubs amazing, and the people are fantastic. As for DJ's, now hmmm three haha - Markus Schulz, Super8 & Tab & Armin Van Buuren.