I have pig flu!

Briggsy

Yep, and i'm pretty p***ed off to be honest!

I can't get Tamiflu because my surgery won't let me see the doctor, and NHS Direct won't speak to me because they're over-run with people calling in so they're only dealing with "extreme cases".

I couldn't give a toss about me because it'll go when its ready - but my old man is high risk because he's diabetic, has had three heart attacks and has home dialysis because of kidney failure - so i'm trying to get something to prevent him catching it. If he gets it, there's big problems ahead.

The NHS is fecking clueless at times!

Briggsy, can you get a friend to go to docs and pick up your tamiflu for you? Obviously I live too far or I'd do it.

Basically you need to stay away from your Dad for the time being. Get some paracetomol for your fever, aches and pains, in fact Beechams drinks and a nurofen or two should really really help, so whoever pickes up your tamiflu should buy you some of those too. Drink plenty, seriously drink plenty and REST!!!

How long have you had it, because the longer you have it the less contagious you get, and once your symptons are gone, you are safe. Tamiflu will only shorten your illness by about a day (which is what reduces the risks of further complication such as Chest infections, pneumonia etc which can kill you) and it can releive the symptons a little. Other than that, treat yourself as though you have normal flu.

You must have a high temperature for it to be swine flu, so whoever goes to docs for you should explain that you have that!

Good luck, hope you feel better soon. XX

If there is anything anyone can do to help, let us know :(

I finally managed to find someone who could prescribe Tamiflu tonight, so at least thats all sorted now. I'm taking paracetamol and drinking buckets of tea too :D

I'm still at work though because I can't have time off - my boss is away on holiday and the only other member of staff is backwards and forwards out of work because her mum is ill in hospital and her dad has Alzheimers and keeps doing runners - so i've been told i've got to go in - so if they catch it, its their problem - they've told me to go in - so i'm going in.

Sometimes people really should say ' f*** it no I'm ill!! ' as they can't actually sack you for being ill (providing you are ill) although if it were Flu flu you surely wouldn't be able to work?

Lets face it, you would have a good case of unfair dismissal if they sacked you for having swine flu!!! You may even be famous for it! :)

Sometimes people really should say ' f*** it no I'm ill!! ' as they can't actually sack you for being ill (providing you are ill) although if it were Flu flu you surely wouldn't be able to work?

Lets face it, you would have a good case of unfair dismissal if they sacked you for having swine flu!!! You may even be famous for it! :)

They can't sack me for it - they're just awkward and moan like f*** when i'm ill because i'm the only one that can do both office work and workshop work.

Yes, normally, i'd say f*** it i'm ill because my health comes first - but they've been awkward for months over a number of things, and they whinge every time i'm off sick (which is rare - I average 2 days off a year, and before last year, I hadn't had a day off sick in three years!) - so on this occasion, i'm going in to make a point and be awkward back. If they catch it, they'll think twice about giving me grief in future when i'm off sick.

whats it like???

does it feel severe, would you know you had it if you didnt know the symptoms.

I'm in the high risk catagory because im type 1 diabetic.

Ah I feel for you mate. Diabetes is a horrible disease. I'd hate to have that. It really buggered my dad up big time :(

To be honest, swine flu isn't a great deal different from normal flu. Last week I had pains in my lower back, and was passing water frequently - and had arranged an appointment with my doctor for what should have been today because i'd assumed i'd had a kidney infection - but then the headaches, temperature and flu symptoms started brewing on Monday - and then yesterday I was diagnosed with it.

The headaches are quite severe - much much stronger than any i've ever experienced before, and I feel very hot - but other than that, its no big deal to be honest. I can't help but think the media have overblown it a bit.

I've been far worse to be honest. I had chicken pox REALLY bad when I was 15 - i've never been so ill in my life as I was when I had that.

Sorry to hear u have swine flu

Do you have any underlying health issues? apart from being a Wolves supporter :rolleyes:

No, thankfully, i'm very healthy - which is surprising because I don't eat any vegetables at all, and my fruit intake is minimal. I guess not smoking and hardly drinking has helped over the years :D

Some people suffer much worse though.

In fact some children die from Chicken pox if they are not cared for properly.

I had ordinary flu once, I have never ever been so ill in all my life, for months in the end, lost stones in weight, god I was so ill, I certainly couldn't have worked on most of those days, if I got swine flu in that same capacity it would do me in, especially now I have 3 children to look after as well as myself.

That horse is very fluffy looking. Looks rather cuddly actually for a horse.

I actually have Elephant Aids, it's a new virus, so I expect you'll be hearing about it in the news soon. :P (don't ask how I caught it?) ;)

I hope you feel better soon briggsy, my friends little boy had it very bad last week and had tamiflu and now he's better but his baby brother has caught it.