I wanna upload a mix

So whats gonna be the best way to do this?

What do you all do, do you record it into the PC while you are doing it? At the moment I just record on Mini disc, and tbh I don't tend to do owt with them anyway. But basically, what do I need, I can connect my amp to the PC or do I connect the mixer? :confused:

I normally record it straight thru to my PC, normally kin 112 or 96 kbps, as when it comes to downloading no one is gonna be interested in a mix thats over 100mb! I've learnt that lesson. Some of the mixes I have had recorded thru mini-disc and then upped on the PC, normally ones that I have taken from a set I have done out.

• Like 1

If it's a Jules-related upload, safe to upload it at 192kbps and don't worry about the size. We have lots of shows that are well more than 150MB+ in size to download and according to our stats they go like hot cakes when they're first posted. :)

Minidisc is a good medium and generally if you record a digital source onto it, Sony's ATRAC encoding is said to force an equivalent of about 224-256kbps quality max on it (that's without activating any of the long play functions - pretty damn good considering their size compared to a normal CD). From an analogue source, then adjust it accordingly - for instance, a very clear radio broadcast recorded onto it will probably sound fine in 192kbps. I have a top-range MD player so I can rip stuff from it quite easily but you can do the same through any portable player by hooking a lead from the headphone socket of it into the Line In on your computer.

PM me if you have any problems :)

• Like 1

Cheers Neuro, I was actually talking about my own mixing, but since you mentioned Jules I do have a CD of Jules mixing I can upload for you, however I no longer have a tape player that sounds good enough to use for up loading the tapes. It's a dodgy speed. For those I will need a postal address, though you have most of the ones I have already, I do have some that aren't on here. I'm afraid the CD is a live mix and I dunno when or where from but he plays Nebuchan on it, I can easily work out getting that up for you now. Maybe..... :confused: ;)