Beat Logistix @ The Liquid Lounge (Banbury) - Saturday 26th September 2009

After the success of its first event, Beat Logistix returns for its second Trance event in Banbury on Saturday 26th September with guest DJ's, Tom Bailey & Matt Farmer - plus residents, Carl Briggs and Donna Marie.

Taking place at the intimate Liquid Lounge venue, the night kicks off at 9pm, and will cover for all things Trance - from progressive and uplifting Trance, through to Tech-Trance and Hard Trance.

Admission for this event is COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE all night! If you can't make this event, then Beat Logistix will return on the last Saturday of each month - so, please show your support at one of our other events instead.

For this event, we'll be running a minibus to the venue from Coventry, Rugby and Northampton town centres - and also, subject to demand, from Southam, Warwick and Leamington town centres. The minibus cost will be £5 return.

Each month, we'll be bringing fresh, enthusiastic, up-and-coming DJ's to Banbury - so feel free to pop along on the night with a demo CD. We PROMISE to listen to ALL demo CD's that are handed to us for consideration.

See you there hopefully!

septemberflyer.jpg

SEPTEMBER LINE-UP

TOM BAILEY is currently one of the UK's most talked about up-and-coming DJ's. This year alone, Tom has played at three of the UK's most respected club brands - Ministry Of Sound in London, PaSSion in Coalville and Digital Society in Leeds. Tom is no stranger to The Liquid Lounge either, having played at the venue in the past for Essence. We look forward to hearing Tom's unique blend of Progressive House & Progressive Trance.

MATT FARMER is another DJ that is destined for a bright future having also played for the Trance super-brand, PaSSion at The Emporium in Coalville. Matt has also played for Fixation, along with many other Trance events around the country. Matt is also no stranger to The Liquid Lounge, having played for Essence in the past. We look forward welcoming Matt to the Beat Logistix decks!

DONNA MARIE makes the trip over from Northampton to bring her unique blend of deep progressive Trance combined with uplifting vocal Trance to the Beat Logistix decks! Despite DJ'ing for just three years, Donna is already making a big name for herself in clubland! She was resident DJ for Inferno (based in Coventry) for 2008, and she has also been confirmed as Beat Logistix resident for 2009! She has also DJ'ed across various other parts of England for Funk Deluxe (Stourbridge), Movement (Oswestry), Re-Vival (Northampton), Off The Leash (Northampton) and Audio Liquid (Birmingham) - playing alongside Jamie Harrison, Davey Asprey & Adam le Saint! For an idea of Donna's style, think Markus Schulz combined with Super8 and DJ Tab!

CARL BRIGGS will round the night off with his energetic, driving, 'tougher' sound! Not one to be pigeon-holed to one particular genre, Carl often likes to cross over from Tech-Trance, to Hard Trance, to the occasional bit of Hard, Funky, Techno throughout his sets. Carl likes to tease the crowd by combining current tunes, along with the odd one-or-two tunes from the past! However, rather than opting for predictable classics, Carl prefers to pick out forgotten gems that will make you think "Wow, i've not heard this for ages". Don't be surprised to hear a bit of trickery too! Carl's style is influenced by DJ's such as Eddie Halliwell, the late Barry Connell (RIP), Bryan Kearney and Richard Durand! Expect plenty of 'bosh' to round the night off!

• 3 weeks later...

Only a few days left to go folks!!

I don't usually give out the set times, but as there's two of us from the board here, I may aswell announce them incase any of you fancy coming down.

9pm til 10.15pm - Donna Marie

10.15pm til 11.30pm - Tom Bailey

11.30pm til 12.45am - Matt Farmer

12.45am til 2am - Carl Briggs

We welcome Matt Farmer to the Beat Logistix decks this coming Saturday, so we thought we'd catch up with up with him for a quick interview ahead of his debut.

Beat Logistix: Hi Matt! You're making your debut for Beat Logistix this Saturday. Without giving too much away, what can we expect from your set?

Matt Farmer: Firstly, thanks for inviting me to play for Beat Logistix. I am very excited about playing at the Liquid Lounge again and for Beat Logistix. I played there about a year ago under a different brand and really enjoyed it, was impressed with the venue and the atmosphere. Beat Logistix is a new night and I am glad to be involved!! You can expect uplifting melodies and some harder edge stuff mixed up in my set!!!

Beat Logistix: Describe your style in just three words!

Matt Farmer: Uplifting, driving, energetic.

Beat Logistix: How long have you been DJ'ing, and what are the highlights of your DJ'ing career so far?

Matt Farmer: I have been in the music scene for about 10 years - there have been many ups and downs but things have really started to work out for me over the past few years being involved with the amazing Passion brand. There have been quite a few highlights; the ones which stick out are DJing alongside Tiesto and Paul Van Dyk!!

Beat Logistix: How did you get into DJ'ing and Trance music? Were there any DJ's that inspired you?

Matt Farmer: It all began when I started listening to trance music and started going to club nights. There wasn't a particular DJ that inspired me, I really wanted to get up there and entertain people by playing music that I loved!!!

Beat Logistix: What does the future hold for Matt Farmer - are there any more gigs lined up in the near future or perhaps a move into the production studio?

Matt Farmer: The future is bright for Matt Farmer. I am pretty busy - I have got gigs lined up at Passion, Devotion and a very special NYE set which I am very excited about so look out for me on the line ups. In terms of production, I am working on developing my production skills as we speak, its going well so look out for me in the future!!!!!

Thanks Matt! We look forward to welcoming you down to the Liquid Lounge in Banbury this coming Saturday!

Got some big new tunes for this event on Saturday, looking forward to it :D

Looking forward to it mate! :D

Beat Logistix returns to the Liquid Lounge in Banbury THIS SATURDAY for another 6 hours of Progressive Trance, Uplifting & Melodic Trance, Tech-Trance and Hard Trance.

We caught up with headliner, TOM BAILEY, for a quick interview ahead of his set this coming Saturday.

BEAT LOGISTIX: Hi Tom! You're making your debut for Beat Logistix this coming Saturday. Without giving too much away, what can we expect from your set?

TOM BAILEY: Within all my sets I like to gauge the vibe within a room when deciding what to play, I hate the idea of a pre-planned set so never really have much of a clue how it's going to go before I get started! That said everyone can expect what I guess is broadly termed 'progressive trance'. I enjoy varying each & every set I play & I've definately got a few treats lined up for Saturday.

BEAT LOGISTIX: Describe your style in just three words!

TOM BAILEY: Deep, Dark, Progressive!

BEAT LOGISTIX: You've had a highly successful past 12 months - playing at the Ministry of Sound, PaSSion (as part of their Nu-PaSSion set-up) and also Blank/Digital Society. That must have been an amazing feeling being asked to play for such respected brands?

TOM BAILEY: Each & every booking that I've had since I started out has been a blessing really, I'm happy to say I've enjoyed every single set I've been fortunate enough to play thus far. Playing for the brands you mentioned has been a real privilege though, Ministry is without doubt the best club I have ever played - the setup in that place is just incredible. The PaSSion hook-up has been a lot of fun too & playing in the mainroom at The Emporium is something that will live with me forever, the history within that venue speaks for itself so it was a real honour. I don't think I'm alone in rating DS as the most exciting trance promotion in the country right now. The crowd at MyHouse has been excellent both times I've played there & the guys behind Blank have always been very good to work with.

BEAT LOGISTIX: Many DJ's tend to go unnoticed these days unless they've made a name for themselves in the production studio, but you've proven that it can still be done without needing productions under your belt. What has been the key to your success so far despite never having produced?

TOM BAILEY: I guess I've just been fortunate really. A good number of the gigs I have played over the past couple of years have come from my demo CD finding it's way into the right hands. My very first gig came off the back of me constantly sending demo mixes to the promoters of ElectronicSessions & from there I've not looked back. It's undoubtedly tough to make any kind of name for yourself with the plethora of quality young DJs that are around at the moment, particularly if you don't go down the production route. I guess the key is to just enjoy putting out mixes & treat any gigs you get as a bonus.

BEAT LOGISTIX: On the subject of production, do you see yourself as a producer at all in the future?

TOM BAILEY: Production is definately something I would like to get started with. I see it as the means of moving forward with my career & it's something that I feel is essential now if you wish to make any kind of go at progressing through the ranks.

Catch TOM BAILEY playing this Saturday alongside Matt Farmer, Donna Marie and Carl Briggs for another quality night of FREE Trance!

See you there folks! \o/

Good interview :winkthumbsup: Enjoy yourselves tonight, gents :)

Thanks Steve!

It was a great night last night - Tom played a superb set, as did Donna and Matt Farmer too. Musically, it was spot on last night - its just a shame it was a lot quieter than last month :(

He's going to look into moving us to a different Saturday of the month now though because he knows we're up against Gods every month - so he's talking about moving us to a date that doesn't clash with other Trance events that are close by.

Thanks for having me down to play mate, was an enjoyable evening out :) Definate potential with the event, just needs the first few parties to get people talking & for word to spread.

Thanks mate, it was a pleasure having you down to play :D

Yeah hopefully word will get around and things will pick up. Next month may be the turning point with the Beat Logistix vs Republica event. The Republica guys are bringing a load of people up from Oxford, so hopefully the word will get around after that.