Hearing test

emy

Cool I'm gonna do this later. I was just thinking my left ear must be better than my right ear as I always swap the phone over to that side and don't to as well with the headphones only on the right. But I do need new headphones. However my grandad went deaf and so has my dad now. :(

i'll give it a go, but im not convinced on the overall effectiveness of this test.

Obviously the results are going to depend on what the test is played on. most cheap desktop speakers or laptop speakers cannot produce high frequency sounds. obviously your going to get better results playing the test on your £150 set of studio headphones or your studio monitor speakers, but don't expect great results on your £15 set of speakers from pc world.

i'll give it a go, but im not convinced on the overall effectiveness of this test.

Obviously the results are going to depend on what the test is played on. most cheap desktop speakers or laptop speakers cannot produce high frequency sounds. obviously your going to get better results playing the test on your £150 set of studio headphones or your studio monitor speakers, but don't expect great results on your £15 set of speakers from pc world.

I'm running it through an audiolab amp and BIG monitor speakers, so I hope I'll hear it, it's only supposed to show if you need attention, it's not like a high quality proper hearing exam!!

Mine were ringing for a bit on the way home from Friday night, but a nice sleep and a weekend in a very quiet environment (no earphone usage this weekend!) has cured it.

Nothing beats a proper medical hearing test, but this is still a good idea. I think I would get depressed very quickly if I lost the ability to hear music ever again.