Tiesto recorded live from Creamfields on Radio 1

Moonman

Not a bad set to be honest. This is the tracklist obtained from another message board. He said at the start that his style has changed.

2009-08-29 Live @ Creamfields - Daresbury, UK

01. Steve Forte Rio – A New Dawn

02. Rank 1 – L.E.D There be Light (Remix) JD?

03. Mr Hudson feat. Kanye West – Supernova (Calvin Harris Remix)

04. Temper Trap – Eurythmic Disposition (Eddie Thoneick Bootleg)

05. Tiesto – Flight 643 (Laidback Luke Remix)

06. Tiesto and Sneaky Sound System - I will be here (Tiesto Remix)

07. MGMT – Kids (Soulwax Remix)

08. Basement Jaxx – Raindrops (Robbie Rivera Club Mix)

09. Tiesto feat. Tegan & Sara - Feel it in my bones

10. Dustin Zahn – Stranger to stability (Len Faki Podium Mix)

11. Avivii – Time to get Ill

12. Delerium – Silence (DJ Tiesto’s In Search of Sunrise Mix)

13. Example - Watch the sun come up (Moam Remix)

14. Reboot - Caminando

15. Tiesto – Lethal Industry (Hardwell Remix)

16. Eric Prydz – Pjanoo (Dada Life Remix)

17. Red Hot Chilli Peppers vs Benny Benassi – My Otherside

18. Tiesto – Louder than Boom

19. Editors - Papillion (Tiesto Remix)

20. Yeah Yeah Yeah’s – Heads will Roll (Tiesto Remix)

21. Calvin Harris – I’m not Alone (Tiesto Remix)

22. Tiesto – Adagio for Strings

23. Olive - You’re Not Alone (Paul Webster Remix)

24. MGMT – Time to Pretend (High Contrast Remix)

I was there for this set and to be fair it was the best thing I saw all weekend... Tiesto gets a lot of bad press these days it seems but none the less I thoroughly enjoyed this performance and his night in Ibiza so right now I have a lot of respect for him

the festivals are for all out fun and madness. The atmosphere you could hear in the broadcast sounded amazing. With nights like this, i'd rather leave the chin stroking snobbery at home thanks. This rocked and i stand by it.

Not heard much from Tiesto in the last 2 years, but this is a return to form.

I agree mate. Granted I was more than a bit tipsy during this set but then so were 90% of the crowd and the atmosphere was amazing. It was also not just full of chavs going to see Tiesto for the hell of it, most people at the festival seemed to be genuine dance music fans. I would put my enjoyment of the set largely down to the level of alcohol in my system at the time however I also saw him in Ibiza on my last night there and I actually wasn't drunk that night surprisingly and I did also enjoy that just as much.

Tiesto does play alot of remixes of commercial and Indie tunes as seen in the set list but to be fair it does the job perfectly at these type of events and if I had half those remixes I'd have also played them to a crowd like that. It got a superb reaction and MGMT at the end, random though it was, was epic!

i like the full reworked remixes of indie acts. Its mashups i cant tolerate. I have to say, when i heard MGMT at the end, i thought to myself "is he playing the high contrast mix?" then when it dropped, i thought damn, to be there would have been immense.

the festivals are for all out fun and madness. The atmosphere you could hear in the broadcast sounded amazing. With nights like this, i'd rather leave the chin stroking snobbery at home thanks. This rocked and i stand by it.

Not heard much from Tiesto in the last 2 years, but this is a return to form.

l totally agree with you as l thought it sounded pretty good and the crowd were loving it too.

I'm not a big fan of Tiesto's but l will definitely be going to see him in Ibiza for the closing parties this month.

• 4 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I was at this, right at the front. I discovered the recording I grabbed from Sky + on an old harddrive when it went out (same as those Paul Kershaw shows), I was working the Friday after so it was heartbreaking to hear where I was 7 days before in the car!

The reaction was amazing when he dropped Delerium, I remember knowing what it was just when it started to trickle into the mix. It took another minute for the rest to realise it was Silence (hence why you hear the crowd scream when the vocal comes in), I remember informing my cousin who was with me that a classic was mixing in. But yeah, we were all battered.

But for some reason didn't sound as good as when Jules dropped it at Creamfields 2000, he gets a reaction too when it comes in on that show (shame Newsbeat's footy report cuts through it). Jules seemed to pitch it up back then too. Tiesto's a long way from this now sadly, at least in 2009 he still treated trance as part of his set.

I think that electro Guetta tripe has run it's course, you can tell with the emergence of the deep/jackin' house sound that it's on borrowed time here.

In this set the tracks he played weren't too bad. But this was over 4 years ago now, I wouldn't imagine his recent sets would be as good. I did hear about that trance thing, there were rumors he may be collaborating with Push.

Its a shame really the direction certain DJs have followed. No doubt money is a massive influencing factor. Remember when Gareth Emery used to produce solid remixes and productions, now he is pure shite to be honest....i think the success of the SHM has alot to do with the current scene.

Listening to Tiesto today, you could never imagine he was responsible for classics such as Lethal Industry and Surbain Train...,

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Tiesto a couple or three years back, and he played a lot of electro/modern progressive house type stuff. A lot of stuff from the Kaleidoscope album that he was promoting at the time. He did drop in a lot of classics though, old stuff to like Silence and Flight 643 (he actually played the windsider bootleg version). Thing is I never heard Suburban Tram, which was probably one of his biggest early tracks. Not sure if he's forgotten about it or something, It would of fitted in with the other early stuff he was playing.