Mauro Piccotto

milkybarkid

Anyone heard him recently? He's playing locally on Friday night, but I haven't heard much about him in a while, so I dont know what to expect. If he's still playing Lizard and all that malarkey, I dont think I'll bother though.

Certainly isn't playing Lizard style tunes. Went from there to full on techno and out the other end as a minimaly techy funky sort of sound. That old Mixmag CD in my vew is mailes apart from what he plays these day.

He used to be superb back in the days when he was playing all the BXR type Tech-Trance/Techno. These days though, he's very calm and minimal - and dull.

I agree there, I used to love all his BXR stuff in 2001/02 with his label mates Joy Kitikonti, Ricky Effe, etc. It was a genre in itself back then! B)

I feel like digging out all my BXR vinyl now! :mrgreen:

I agree there, I used to love all his BXR stuff in 2001/02 with his label mates Joy Kitikonti, Ricky Effe, etc. It was a genre in itself back then! B)

I feel like digging out all my BXR vinyl now! :mrgreen:

That was proper Tech-Trance - Trancey breakdowns with proper, raw, Techno basslines.

Most Tech-Trance these days doesn't have any resemblance to Techno at all. The style has changed so much, but retained the same sub-genre tag.

• 4 months later...

Did you come back and tell us how it went?

I was just about to! I swear*

It was actually a great night. His support dj never showed, so he played the whole night. Nearly all classics too, though of the more techno variety, not once playing Lizard, Iguana or any of those hits of his. He seemed a very nice bloke too. Everyone was expecting him to finish early once word got out the support dj hadn't showed, but he just kept on playing. Top, top night.

*I'm a liar, I'd completely forgotten about this thread.

• 2 weeks later...