Any webdesigners?

MarkL

Hey, I was wondering if there is any webdesigners out there? I am needing a little bit of help regarding getting a site online, nothing fancy.

Basically I have purchased a domain name (no hosting) and I am wanting to link it to a Word Press. I have found a nice and simple free design to use that will allow me to post mixes, places I am playing at etc... really easy.

Anyway, I am getting confused with the wordpress.com/org thing as I understand they are different in a few ways. I would also like my domain to directly like to the wordpress (if I ever manage to get the site up!)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark. :)

I'm a bit confused by what you've typed mate as i'm not familiar with Wordpress. So, am I right in thinking that you've bought a domain name, and then want it to "join up" to a Wordpress profile that is already hosted somewhere?

If so, when you bought your domain name, you should have had access to some sort of control panel where you can control nameservers, etc. In that control panel somewhere, there should be a "forwarding" option.

Cut and paste the link of your Wordpress profile into that "forward to" part of your control panel, and then your domain should forward straight away :D

If Wordpress is something that you have to set-up/host, then you'll need a hosting package to install it onto - and then you set your domains nameservers to that hosting package. After 24-48 hours, your domain is then "connected to" that hosting package, and then you can install Wordpress.

Quadrant - Nah, not my tune unfortunately!

Thanks for the advice guy's! :winkthumbsup:

Managed to get the wordpress up and running through a combination of luck and persistance!

The whole getting hosting thing was confusing though, 5 minute install my arse!

If anyone has any design tips they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark :)

The site (finally) - www.mark-lee.co.uk

Managed to get the wordpress up and running through a combination of luck and persistance!

Thanks,

Thanks,