Just bought some classics

Tim451

I posted a thread a while back asking if anyone knew where I could obtain digital copies of a few classics. Thanks to the replies I managed to find a few of them. I kept looking for the rest but to no avail so after a bit of hunting I bought them on vinyl instead.

Just bought:

Maurice - Feline [Distinctive Breaks Promo] (Mint condition)

Mabel - Disco Disco [Positiva Promo] (Mint condition)

Champion Burns - Bat Train / Funk Rider [suck Discs] (Mint condition)

Da Hool - Eichelruck [Additive] (Mint condition)

Storm / 16C+ - Storm / Under 4 Ever [Additive Promo] (New unplayed)

Hi-Gate - Gonna Work It Out [incentive] (New unplayed)

Only problem is they're part of my christmas present from my fiancee. The wait is going to be agony.

The other day I was looking for some more I've been after and I stumbled across Flickman - A.N.L / Sound Of Bamboo Double Pack for £5.50 inlcuding P&P. Absolute bargain considering it's in mint condition.

Hopefully in the coming months I'll be getting:

Feedback - Nova Symphony

The Shrink - 2nd Opinion

Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400

Blank & Jones - The Nightfly

Storm - Time To Burn

Noisefloor - Club System

Magica - Magica

Boca - Play With Me

Jam X & De Leon - Can U Dig It?

Dj Scot Project - F (Future Is Now)

Hi-Gate - I Can Hear Voices

Digger - Church Of RA (If I can afford the hefty price tag that comes with it)

The cheapest I could find on Discogs in mint condition was £100 plus P&P or £50 plus P&P for a VG+. The chances of me having anywhere near that amount to blow on a single vinyl are slim so I doubt I'll be getting it any time soon lol.

*Edit*

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/14617880?ev=bp_titl

Not even mint condition. I don't care how rare it is or how good the track is, I'd never pay that for a vinyl unless it was the infamous track 21 from Lush lol.

Maurice-Feline can be had as mp3 from beatport, djd download, juno the lot!, Time To Burn can be had as mp3 aswell

Zombie Nation, I've picked up multiple copies of the Data single at bootsales for 50p, plentiful round ere! I'll send you one if you like!

Can U Dig It is on itunes, i stumbled upon it a few months ago

I've just bought this: http://www.discogs.com/release/1897587 for £2.75 the kicker is they are the full length unedited mixes

submerge - singles and angles ive bought two copies of the xtravaganza release over the years, I'll dig em out and see what condition they in and if you wont accept a copyfor free giveme small amount of dosh !

The most i even spent on 1 vinyl was £50 on Krystal-Burning Flame http://www.discogs.com/Krystal-Burning-Flame-Original-Mix/release/884581 , worth every penny for this masterpiece!, I don't think I'd everspend 50 quid on one record ever again though.

Not even mint condition. I don't care how rare it is or how good the track is, I'd never pay that for a vinyl unless it was the infamous track 21 from Lush lol.

What a find that would be.

Jason... I only wouldn't accept a record if it were your only copy ;)

I'm sure I could do swapsies with ya! :)

Looks like some great tunes there Tim, quite a few of which I have but unfortunately I couldn't bare to part with them and didn't really tend to buy extra copies of tunes.

Singles & Angles - Submerge is a great tune but I always found it very hard to mix.. Something about the beat just never wanted to sit right so I probably never played it as much as I should have. Love it though.

By the way I can hear voices is also available digitally.. if only I could remember where.

I think it was Juno Download I saw it though as part of an Incentive classics collection where you can either buy the bundle or pick individual full length tracks. Some other gooduns in that package I seem to remember :)

Maurice-Feline can be had as mp3 from beatport, djd download, juno the lot!, Time To Burn can be had as mp3 aswell

Zombie Nation, I've picked up multiple copies of the Data single at bootsales for 50p, plentiful round ere! I'll send you one if you like!

Can U Dig It is on itunes, i stumbled upon it a few months ago

Yeah I got Feline from Trackitdown a while back but when I saw a copy on vinyl going for a couple of quid I had to get it. I didn't really get into Jules until early 2002 & even then I rarely had any money so there are gaps in my record collection which I'm slowly filling in lol. I don't think I actually owned a record until Riva - Stringer was re-released with that godawful vocal version hogging the A side lol.

Thanks for the heads up on Can U Dig It being on iTunes. I'll be grabbing that one to tide me over until funds allow me to grab a copy on vinyl.

Cheers

In fact you'll find it amongst many other classics on this page:

http://www.junodownload.com/search/?quick_search_download=all&q=hi-gate&x=8&y=12&qs=1&s_search_precision=any&s_genre_id=0000

have a good route through this lot mate.. I picked up some good classics off juno download a while back ;)

Yeah I've got most of them in digital form but I'm slowly buying them all on vinyl as and when I can.

Cheers for the link mate :)

Me & Matt (Hardway) were talking random classics just the other day, I've got something of a gold mine of CD singles (the majority of which are delightfully unedited) which I picked up for 50p from my old local record store.

From that list I've got Hi-Gate 'Voices/Caned & Unable', 'Can You Dig It', 'Kernkraft 400' & 'Time To Burn' along with plenty of others. At the time they got next to no play but since the switch to CDJs I could put together quite a mix with my old CD singles

ah yeah CD singles I also have alot of although annoyingly a few of them only have radio edits of the best versions of the track, like friends of matthew - out there for example.

I started out buying CDs and mixing on CDs believe it or not in about 97/98.. then moved to vinyl in 2000... now have moved back again. Like Tim here, I have also been filling in gaps in my collection over the last year or so as there's a particular era of trance which I think really belongs on vinyl, for me that's kinda 98-2002 ish so I am still collecting some tunes on vinyl even if I have them on CD or MP3.

The cheapest I could find on Discogs in mint condition was £100 plus P&P or £50 plus P&P for a VG+. The chances of me having anywhere near that amount to blow on a single vinyl are slim so I doubt I'll be getting it any time soon lol.

*Edit*

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/14617880?ev=bp_titl

You dont need to pay this much for this tune mate. Until recently there was someone selling it on discogs for £40, surprised they have finally sold it as it was there for ages. This tune is also in my wantslist but not sure I can justify the money. There are 3 other copies there at the mo from overseas, all priced around €50.