Whats happened to NYE on Radio 1?

dj9928

Its gone from bad to worse, We used to have Scott Mills now we have MistaJam, 1xtra takeover, I mean what happen to the live dance parties? Infact what has happened to Dance in general? Anytime you would expect a bit of Dance music to be on Radio 1 you get the $hite 1xtra take over

Electronic music will always have its peaks & troughs... I consider myself lucky enough to have caught the 1998/99 Trance boom, just the same as people felt lucky 10 years earlier in the second Summer of love and the rave peak in 1989. You would have thought, 10 years on, in 2009 that dance music would have its place again, but sadly, I think we're a minority.

To steal a motto from one dance website, "some people just don't understand"................

Its gone from bad to worse, We used to have Scott Mills now we have MistaJam, 1xtra takeover, I mean what happen to the live dance parties? Infact what has happened to Dance in general? Anytime you would expect a bit of Dance music to be on Radio 1 you get the $hite 1xtra take over

Try tuning in from 12.01am until 5am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pfn3z

Thanks for that but nothing Eric Prydz etc does nothing for me, There should be a bit of Tong,Jules and Pearce :) Rewind 10 years, Judge Jules live from Gatecrasher, Or even Judge Jules live from a house party which was just finishing about now 10 years ago exactly

I don't think Jules, Tong and Pearce are the listener pullers they were 10 years ago.

It's difficult isn't it, but you just CANNOT have Jules, Tong and Danny Rampling on NYE for years and years. It wouldn't work. Radio one are like fashion. I dunno what happened on Radio one on NYE I still remember 98-99 NYE on Radio one though, the man who lived two floors above me was playing it as more than full blast, I remember the tunes. I laid in bed and knew it was midnight from the tune that was playing. Anyway, things don't stay the same forever, if they do they get tired and boring. Times change.

in 10 years time, there'll be the new breed of clubber saying the exact same thing about Justice, Deadmau5 etc etc.

Very true! I saw a fancy name on a website years ago for this type of musical cycle - because it happens in most other genres of music too, not just Dance.

Never a bad thing, so long as the past is never forgotten :)

Radio 1 has taken a shocking turn for the worse over the past few years regarding the quality of live broadcasts; I didn't even bother to check who was scheduled for NYE on Radio1 til this morning.

Upon checking, this years in particular has been very poor IMO, no variety again. I'm sure these DJ's are great, but as has been the case for quite a while now, Radio 1 seem to only cater for the house heads at live events.

There used to be a time when I'd argue the licence fee was worth paying purely for Radio1's output on dance music alone.