DJ related at last...recommend me a mixer

emy

OH YEAH I have decided I want a scratch crossfader to make things more complicated

I think the Vestax VMC 185 XL is the one for me, but some say it's not so good for good for scratching, but it says it has a PCV fader

Vestax do make great mixers. Used to have one and also used one my mate had. If you want it for scratching make sure the crossfader has an adjustable curve so that you can set it to instantly cut the scratch samples in at full volume with only the tiniest movement of the cross fader and for very quick cutting. When beat mixing you would then adjust it to have a much smoother curve, gently increasing the volume of the tune you're bringing in as you move the fader across.

If you want it for scratching make sure the crossfader has an adjustable curve so that you can set it to instantly cut the scratch samples in at full volume with only the tiniest movement of the cross fader and for very quick cutting. When beat mixing you would then adjust it to have a much smoother curve, gently increasing the volume of the tune you're bringing in as you move the fader across.

My gemini mixer has this :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I went for the Numark X9, same as the DXM one but updated looks

The sound quality is not as good as my old Numark mixer..whyyyyyyyy? Also the bright lights are going to take some getting used to

I am a little dissapointed to be honest, maybe it just takes some time to get used to it. I need to figure it out more, not had time with it yet

• 2 weeks later...

I went for the Numark X9, same as the DXM one but updated looks

The sound quality is not as good as my old Numark mixer..whyyyyyyyy? Also the bright lights are going to take some getting used to

I am a little dissapointed to be honest, maybe it just takes some time to get used to it. I need to figure it out more, not had time with it yet

Maybe it just sounds different because it's digital and not analog? It took me some time getting used to the sound on my Numark DXM06, but I really glad i bought it and i'll never buy Behringer again. No Gemini either.

• 4 weeks later...

I learnt to mix on my mates Vestax mixer and that was perfectly adequate. The first mixer I bought was the Gemini PS626i, which was a good mixer until the upfaders wore down and became all crackly. I then upgraded to my current mixer - Pioneer DJM600. Can't fault that mixer and to be honest I'd rather buy a second hand one of those (so long as it looked in good condition) rather than a brand new mixer of another make/model.