Audio Cassettes of Jules' Radio Shows

Aza

Oooo nice. Right I now have about 20 shows ready to upload. What's the best way to do that Neuro or Fuzzy? They are mostly 192 kbps MP3 files so around 150MB each I think. Should I just begin submitting them to the audio archive in the usual way?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any files are under 128MB in size, then submit them via the Archives in the normal way; otherwise, please upload them to a file-sharing website (remember to keep the details of how to delete the link afterwards) and PM FuzzY-LogiC and we'll upload them on here under your name. :)

Annoyingly most of them come in at 130MB... just over the limit

Annoyingly most of them come in at 130MB... just over the limit

Our webhosting has fixed the PHP upload limit for their own reasons... I might have a fresh word with them this year to see if we can up it to 192MB. It's not as if we're rinsing the server resources every day on here.

Over the next couple of days I will have my computers and webserver back online... i had to stash it all away because of my NYE party :)

Once back online, I'll put up a ftp where members can upload directly to (no sizelimit).

Please PM me if you have files you wish to upload... and please be patient with my response. I tend to be a bit slow with the response if I have a very busy work schedule :rolleyes:

No worries Fuzzy. I'm the same with being busy at times. I've had a good discussion with Simcut tonight and am currently working through the wav files, converting them to MP3. I have started the encoding from scratch, going back to the original wavs and first normalizing them before encoding using Razorlame. I have found so far that most of the files come out just a few MB's smaller when encoding with Razorlame rather than Adobe Audition so I may be able to upload most of these afterall as long as they come in under 128MB. I'll keep you posted if I need to send any to you.

In the mean time expect to see these being uploaded to the archives over the next week or so I hope. I'll try and get one uploaded each day and hopefully I'll get into a rhythm and start getting through these a bit quicker.

The sets and shows are probably my most favourite era from my Jules fan days. I had grown to ritually follow and love show so much that I used to record them a) because I used to work (part-time student days) and B) to listen to again (oh how the internet was in it's infancy and none of this advanced listen again stuff). I used to listen to the shows to famialise myself with the tunes but also and more importantly at the time, learn how to mix.

I did treasure these tapes and after moving home, they got left in the attic and so I did not want them to be forgotten and for best storage space thought it best to digitise them, which is where the awesome Simcut and Tremor come in and offered their kind help!