17. Hi-Gate - 'You & Me' [incentive]

18. DJ Scot Project - 'You (I Got A Feeling)' (DJ Elite Mix) [white label]

Judge For Yourself

19. No-one Driving - 'Playa Sol' [Phoenix Platinum]

20. Mauro Picotto - 'Verdi' [bXR]

21. Studio 613 - 'Journey To The Moon' [Wax]

22. DJ Elite - 'That Fuct Camera' [white label]

• Like 1

Thanks for this one, really looking forward to checking this out.

I used to love all the Saturday afternoon/evening live shows that Jules did for R1. The summer seasons used to be full of live broadcasts such as this one - that's one of the things I miss the most now R1 doesn't cover dance music on Saturdays...

Cheers again! :winkthumbsup:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

absolutely agree lyndon!

'Precious Heart' and 'Soul Heaven' was such big summer tunes for me that year. Just by looking at the TL I can hear the start of the show and feel how the sun is going down while Precious Heart is blasted over the speakers :D

• 2 weeks later...

i remember studio 613 & no-one driving pretty well. last year when i downloaded this show i tracked both of them down on vinyl, you can't find any trace of them online to download (legal or otherwise). not even on youtube, examples of forgotten gems for me then.

the tall paul mix of stringer and soul heaven would still work anywhere today i think, sadly the bpm is probably too quick to squeeze in with something else which is modern.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i've got to ask. how did this get captured with the quality as high as it is? it was a much more difficult task to do in 2001 than now, or so i assume.

My guess is good old Minidiscs, as they held the same # of minutes as a normal CD (or double on LP mode) and were much more portable. Sony's clever ATRAC encoding sacrificed a touch of treble-end which is hardly noticeable :)

i've got to ask. how did this get captured with the quality as high as it is? it was a much more difficult task to do in 2001 than now, or so i assume.

My guess is good old Minidiscs, as they held the same # of minutes as a normal CD (or double on LP mode) and were much more portable. Sony's clever ATRAC encoding sacrificed a touch of treble-end which is hardly noticeable :)

I can't hear a break in the show though, it's kind of like it was plugged straight into the computer the way i used to record. Being as there's no 'FM fizz' either it must have been recorded through digital TV, Sky or Cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes, Playa Sol.

That version is the remade one 'No-one Driving vs Novacane' or something like that, i think that version lacked compared to the original. Luckily I have both Studio 613 & the Original version of Playa Sol (as played on this show) on vinyl. The MP3's are nowhere to be found, legal or illegal amazingly.

Ah yes, Playa Sol.

That version is the remade one 'No-one Driving vs Novacane' or something like that, i think that version lacked compared to the original. Luckily I have both Studio 613 & the Original version of Playa Sol (as played on this show) on vinyl. The MP3's are nowhere to be found, legal or illegal amazingly.

Very true. I've turned the old internet upside down looking for it, and it's nowhere to be found.

• 7 months later...

Lyndon is right studio 613 is a rare gem so many people i've spoken to are after that tune i did however find this on youtube. :D

[media]

[/media]

That was the final release, the Novacane one I mentioned above. The clip below is the rare original version that gets played on this very essential mix, and Jules' previous Saturday night show:-

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...