iPad

Quadrant

As far as I can see, this new iPad is just bascially a gigantic version of the iPhone (which I love)??

What's the point of it? I'm sure lots of people in the States will buy it, because it's Apple and because it's new (always great reasons! :blink: )

ipad_touch_mock_up.jpg

haha ended up watching the product launch on the apple website last night.

Tis a cool gadget no doubt but it will be interesting to see how many people rush out to buy one in a couple of months. Essentially it is a big iPhone except it isn't a phone. It will have a whole load of apps available for it and developers can already start writing apps. Plus all iphone apps will work on it with scaling.

I couldn't see that it brought much new stuff though. It basically is halfway between an iPhone and a Macbook with a very cool touch screen. It will have iWork apps so you can use iWork with a modified interface to work with the touch screen but it seems it would be easier to type stuff on a keyboard than a virtual touch screen keyboard. So they have designed a keyboard dock for it..... by the time you get one of those you may as well get a macbook!

Ah well Im sure a few will buy it at first and their mates will soon be jealous and want one too and it'll be the next must have gadget. We'll see.

I am very close to buying an iPhone though as my old phone is broken so seems a good excuse!

As far as I can see, this new iPad is just bascially a gigantic version of the iPhone (which I love)??

What's the point of it? I'm sure lots of people in the States will buy it, because it's Apple and because it's new (always great reasons! :blink: )

ipad_touch_mock_up.jpg

thats a rigged up picture though, it doesnt actually look like that nor does the software

the real thing is like this......

hardware-01-20100127.jpg

There's no doubt this is f****** cool, but I personally am failing to see why I'd need one, but we don't need alot of things and I think people will just WANT these maybe. However when I saw it and whenever I've seen one since I can't help but think. " HELLO!!!! NO I'M IN THE LIBRARY!!! "

Amazing to think when I was 12, the kind of computer I had to beg for at home, and then to look at this now, it is truly amazing. I was already still amazed at the power of the iPhone though, perhaps I'm just not ready.

_1144917_dom_joly150pa.jpg

i think the main appeal is to contend with the becoming popularity of the eBook readers, all brands seem to be introducing them, amazon even has there own, then you got sony's ebook readers.

So apple being apple introduced a competitor to it, but thought why not have it doing other things too such as a great portable media player, a competitor to the archos devices.......guess combining all of these to make competition for the following devices makes sense if you think about it....

to compete with:-

home-archos-9-en.jpg

amazon-kindle-ebook-reader.jpg

sony-ebook-readers.jpg

the main competitor to the iPad is gonna be this bad boy - the Archos 9 - Archos-9-smart-features_en.jpg

compare that with the Apple iPad - dimensions_20100127.jpg

Well the new DSi XL is out on March 5th you know. :rolleyes:

That e books been out ages, too expensive and I never sold ONE!!! And that Archos sounds too much like Argos, I do know someone with one, but who would look coolest? LOL I do think the iPhone is the most amazing gagdet ever and I think it's priced so well considering. How much is the iPad? I mean, an iPhone is expensive - ish and Mac Book too, will it be between or above those!? :twisted:

Well the new DSi XL is out on March 5th you know. :rolleyes:

That e books been out ages, too expensive and I never sold ONE!!! And that Archos sounds too much like Argos, I do know someone with one, but who would look coolest? LOL I do think the iPhone is the most amazing gagdet ever and I think it's priced so well considering. How much is the iPad? I mean, an iPhone is expensive - ish and Mac Book too, will it be between or above those!? :twisted:

depends =on the model you buy, uk pricing not issued yet but in US $ its as follows:-

Please note, pricing is in US dollars. International pricing will be announced at a later date.

pricing.jpg

Apple just rocks. I remember 10 years ago, everyone thought Apple were shit, i was rocking an iMac back then when i was into desktops. People said they would just fade away. Then all of a sudden, they became cool around 2004-05. I think their products at this time (those funky pink and white adverts, remember?) were very slickly advertised and marketed.

Then the price of all their products just went sky high - so much so, i cant really afford their products anymore. I really really want a MacBook, but cant justify or really afford £800-1000 for one, i'd love an iPod touch, but for a 32gb you're looking at £230. I really want a iPhone too, but £45 a months contract is just too steep.

Look at like this, 5 years ago, Creative had the mp3 player market - the iPod now has, Nokia had the phone market, iPhone is now the leader....they're starting to dominate everything!

people who generally have negative views over apple usually havn't had hands on experiance with there products.

Yeah ok i agree they are overpriced some of there stuff, but you get what you pay for.......apple dont do budget products and the ones they do are usually in the ipod range such as the ipod Nano.

There line of desktops and laptops all look great, perform great and dont go out of date quickly, there desktops and laptop range works because they design the hardware and all of the operating system themselves.

Im currently using there macbook pro, yeah ok it cost me £1600 new for a great spec, , but its now about 2 years ok and still performing as good as the day i got it.

There business model makes sense too, which is why the app store and itunes store became so popular.

buy the ipod/iphone etc , easily get all your apps and music off the ipod store, very easily for a reasonable price........if you do great we make money out of it sorta thing and its easy to do, if you dont you still bought our hardware.......