the John Terry affair

Quadrant

While I cannot class myself as a die-hard fan of football, I have to ask this - Why do we care?

How is this in public interest to know who John terry sleeps with? If he slept with a current wife or girlfriend of a current England player who's going to the World Cup, then I agree it is valid because that would most likely affect the team. But the girl involved is just the ex-girlfriend of Wayne Bridge. Oh well, so what?

I can't help but think the media have created another storm about nothing. For example, in the Evening Standard on page 3: "Pressure was growing on John Terry to quit as England captain following his alleged affair" and "Messageboards were flooded with complaints that the FA has not already acted and stripped the Chelsea player of the captain's armband". I also point my finger to Max Clifford, who lives up to his job as "PR" by revealing that Wayne Bridge is "very emotional" and "totally distraught" and that "it is very upsetting for both of them and they are anxious to protect their little son Jaydon from this as much as possible". Always a winner to bring the child into the equation!

But what a load of bollocks. I mean, really.

So it was nice to have some balance from Guy Poyet who cannot understand our glorious country's obsession of wanting to know what our star players do in their private lives. "I am surprised that once again just before a World Cup this country is looking for stories like this. I learned this is the way when I first moved to England [in 1997]. I never experienced anything like that in Uruguay... I just think England are damaging their own chances."

I think we know the real reason behind this...: "Max Clifford revealed and initial offer of £250,000 for Perroncel's [Wayne Bridge's ex girlfriend's] story from a sunday newspaper has been trumped - but he declined to give a new figure".

Don't call me Dick Tracey but I would have thought that selling your story so it can be published in every detail within a chav newspaper would be the very last thing you'd want to do to "protect our little son", no? In a final statement, Max Clifford then says "She just wants all this to be over. by the end of this week everybody will know the truth". Well done.

I say simply -

1) If this is true, then it still has no relevance whatsoever with John Terry's football or his captaincy of any team.

2) Vanessa Peroncel should stop her shallow, blatant attempt to sell her alleged story for money;

3) Wayne Bridge should grow some balls, and

4) The media should stop trying to make a meal out of nothing and disrupting our otherwise perfect preparations for the World Cup.

My rant is now over and you should discuss. :)

I don't really care about anybody in the public eye's sex life unless it directly affects me somehow.

I get plenty of sexual stories just doing the school run these days, couple that with the goings on at work and life is one long Roman Orgy here. That's no lie either. It's like a Movie version of The Jeremy Kyle Show in my head. And the stories are far more in-depth than The Sun could ever print. :silenced: You don't need to look like WAGs to get what you want round here.

My understanding of it all is that John Terry initially sought and secured a so-called "super injunction" so the media could not report the affair or any of the details of those involved. Result of this was a very pissed off media. Mr Justice Tugendhat removed the "super injunction" on Friday and John Terry has been on the receiving end of a media backlash since. From what I've read I would agree with the principle of the Judge's decision.

She would have tempted me :thumbsup:

if john terry didn't go and try and get an injunction, he could of denied it and said it was tabloid propaganda, so stupid move john terry for doing that as you've indirectly admitted you have something to hide and admitted guilt by trying to stop it being printed in papers :thumbsdown:

if john terry didn't go and try and get an injunction, he could of denied it and said it was tabloid propaganda, so stupid move john terry for doing that as you've indirectly admitted you have something to hide and admitted guilt by trying to stop it being printed in papers :thumbsdown:

The papers had enough "evidence" to report the story and he could not have denied it. Only option was to seek the injunction to stop it being reported.

The papers had enough "evidence" to report the story and he could not have denied it. Only option was to seek the injunction to stop it being reported.

whether they did or didnt , all they had was him leaving wayne bridges misses house a few times, not mega loads 2 go on really......whats that prove??

whether they did or didnt , all they had was him leaving wayne bridges misses house a few times, not mega loads 2 go on really......whats that prove??

I would imagine they had more than that and how bad do you think it would have looked for him if he denied all only to have later been proved to have lied?

Sick to death of hearing about John bloody Terry, seriously am!

That woman is a complete whore by the way, she's apparently slept with 5 members of the Chelsea team!

And John Terry is a fool for cheating on his wife, she looks lovely.

i agree to all that........

I did not know he had an affair, this is news to me (but I kind of guessed from the metro something about him doing something, I was not interested so did not bother to read, but I assumed he had been doing a Tiger Woods)

So it appears it is one lady, we do not have an english tiger woods incident.

He is a bad image for a married man, lets kick him out the news and out of football, pah he can go back to his old job of a watch salesman

Oh dear I need to start watching the news. I need to get with the times

• 2 weeks later...