J & T PROJECT

Number2Fan

Tristan D has just started a Facebook group. Here's what he says on it.

J&T Project are 2 of the hottest remixers/DJ's on the scene right now, remixing some of the biggest tracks around! The mystery is who are the guys behind J&T Project?

Some of the latest projects from the guys:

MICHAEL JACKSON - EARTH SONG (J&T REMIX)

GREEN DAY - KNOW YOUR ENEMY (J&T REMIX)

MGMT - KIDS (J&T REMIX)

J MAJIC & WICKERMAN - CRAZY WORLD (J&T REMIX)

CHERYL COLE FT WILL I AM - THREE WORDS (J&T REMIX)

LEONA LEWIS - HOLD ON (J&T REMIX)

OWL CITY - FIREFLYS (J&T REMIX)

SNOW PATROL - JUST SAY YES (J&T REMIX)

More to follow very soon!

Now I haven't said anything, but I have joined. Coz I'm so nosey. They do ask for ideas for them to use.

I wonder who they are? :rolleyes:

whilst i hate the mashups he played, at least he's now remixing tunes rather than mashing them, so he has made a step forward i think. I think Jules is heading into retirement isnt he? playing the luminars/first leisures clubs....its a bit like when a footballer plays prem football all his career and descends the leagues until he's 42 and playing for someone like Shrewsbury Town.

it seems they both have the same taste in music, same use of crap samples, and same crappy booty taste.....

Jules wasn't as cheesy as he is now before Tristan D became his 'filterer'. Back in the days when Patterson was doing that job, Jules was playing some quality stuff.

I'm afraid if Jules wants to regain some of his credibility back in 'proper' clubland (not Luminar Leisure/Small commercial bar 'clubland), then he's gonna have to take on a filterer with a more 'mature' musical taste.

Who Tristan?

Honestly I was expecting some right old shite from him but it was really really good. Tunes Jules shoulda been playing, and a few that Jules did play. I heard no cheese from Trissy...

I'm not saying he's been good for Jules though, I'm just commenting on his set.

I don't care if he's got the best music taste since Richie Hawtin - remixing Leona Lewis & not expecting to take shit for it is misguided to say the least.

I can understand maybe one or two (tops) remixes of pop tracks if the producer in question hears the track & thinks 'hang on if I put a bassline & 4x4 beat to that it could sound awesome' (ala Blake Jarrell with his Snow Patrol, Anna Nalick & Death Cab For Cutie remixes) or even if the producer receives an offer of many many $$$$$ to remix a pop artist from a major label (ala Steve Angello with that same Cheryl Cole song) but constantly seeking out pop tunes to remix just seems so pointless to me & certainly isn't something I'd want a DJ I followed religously to be doing.

The best remix of a pop tune I have heard for ages is Eric Prydz remix of Kings of Leon 'Use Somebody'

remixing Leona Lewis & not expecting to take shit for it is misguided to say the least.

I agree. I hate Indie, Rock and Pop mash-ups/bootlegs anyway. If I wanted to hear Indie, i'd go to an Indie gig - but I like dance music, so I go to dance events where i'd like to hear dance music - not Indie. Jules and SvD are the worst for Indie sample tunes. Armin can have his moments too.

EDIT: And if I hear La Roux - In For The Kill in any dance set ever again, i'll scream. Its a crap tune anyway and massively over-rated.

I have to say it is sad that the Trance scene is becoming saturated with mainstream pop music sampled crap so much. We pay money to go to clubs to see Trance music and the DJ's are for some reason bringing pop music into the trance scene. It all seems a bit backwards to me.

The problem is even I am guilty of enjoying SOME of those remixes at the time in the club when I've had a few beers. I also would play SOME of them out but generally only to more commercial audiences (as I did recently at Derby Uni where people had not paid to go and see a Trance DJ as such but a variety of acts). Still, I would be quite happy to see purely fresh Trance and Tech-trance material show-cased on any night I went to rather than the big name DJ's feeling obliged to get 4 or 5 current top 40 hits into their set in some kind of Tranced up form. It's really not needed.

I've agree with that you know. It sits awkwardly with me too.

Also, I've never understood the need for a DJ to have another human to "filter" the music for you? I find that whole concept utterly bizarre. Really. I guess the main reason is that:

1) There is such a massive quantity of music out there these days that the DJ doesn't have enough time to choose his own tunes from scratch. Or

2) There's lots of the same type of track out there that it doesn't matter/notice so much these daysif someone is hand-picking the tunes for you.

I think both are wrong. My argument is, DJs used to - painstakingly - back in the day with vinyl, spend hour upon hour going through the crap to pick out the absolute cream. I wouldn't trust my bestest best friend to choose my music for me and find it quite amazing that others find it acceptable to do so.

Tell me I'm missing something, sirs....

I agree. I hate Indie, Rock and Pop mash-ups/bootlegs anyway. If I wanted to hear Indie, i'd go to an Indie gig - but I like dance music, so I go to dance events where i'd like to hear dance music - not Indie. Jules and SvD are the worst for Indie sample tunes. Armin can have his moments too.

I agree with you Briggsy. A rare occurrance but it makes it all the more right IMO!

RE Quadders - And no even my partner and I who know eachothers musical tastes inside and out, and share some inbetweeners, wouldn't be able to cream off the same tunes as eachother, for eachother.

Well I have to be honest lads, Jules is responsible for possibly some of the worst bootlegs that I have ever heard in my life...(Tainted Love bears to mind). Its a shame in my opinion to see Jules play such awfull shite (forgive my language)....He should stick to the banging tunes...

Suppose next they will do a bootleg incoporating the "Venga Boys" and "Fireman Sam" or some terrible thrash like that....