Digger - Episode 1 Finally purchased

Tremor

I agree in one way especially when there's not many copies of something/limited pressings and certain tracks have not been made avilable oustide of this and when you finally back a copy it feels special.

On the other hand it's great when rare as hell tracks that cost silly money to obtain finally become available cheaply.

Have to agree with this.

Though I take Nathan's point as 'Church of Ra' is one of those mythical tracks which no-one ever had. For him to finally land a vinyl copy and for it then to be released on mp3 must be a little annoying

Yeah although I'm genuinely not bitter about this particular tune. At the end of the day it's a quality tune and it's cool that everyone can obtain it now all these years later. I hope it doesn't become massively over played in classics sets though. That's another factor which is slightly annoying. All the tunes we complain are always churned out on classics mixes are probably played so much because they are easy to get hold of. I do like to play classics mixes with some less obvious gems in there that people will remember but not everyone has therefore they dont feature in everyone's classics sets.

The other thing is the vinyl copy will still be as rare as always and I can still be happy to have that. Rather than getting rid of my vinyl as many people are doing these days, I still like to add to the collection with some of those gems I could never find back in the day.

Tremor sir I really like the fact you obtained "someone else's" mp3 rip of this, then bought the vinyl, then ripped it again from your copy so you had "your" mp3. I really like that!

The few bits of vinyl I have already ripped, I will not sell. I love my vinyl which I saved up so much for and I would definitely regret it if I sold them now. They mean more now than they ever did.

I will not sell. I love my vinyl which I saved up so much for and I would definitely regret it if I sold them now. They mean more now than they ever did.

Totally agree with this!

Even though presently my vinyl turntables are not set up I still love my vinyl and for the amount that they would be worth it really does not make any sense to sell them anyway!

I have finally after 13 years gold hold of something that in decent nick is quite rare and usually pricey for a bargain price! it's a bootleg called Brown Acid, samples Born Slippy, Pink Floyd and Woodstock announcements, it was played by both Tong and Oakie during their Creamfields 98 sets.

I will rip it to CD and then rarelyplay the vinyl but never shall I sell it.

• 8 years later...
1 hour ago, Mr-B said:

Anyone know where i can buy this (Church Of Ra) digital in FLAC, Wave or 320k MP3

Unfortunately it isn't available to buy anymore, it used to be sold on Casa Nostra's website when they had one, I think also Audiojelly might have sold it when that shop existed too....but yeah, no longer available to purchase :(

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't think the vinyl was that rare, not back in the day anyway. Bought my copy in late 99 in a little store in a basement just off Oxford Circus. 

Anyway, to you folks who bought the WAV/MP3 when it was available, would you be able to share it/sell or trade for something else please? I have some rare stuff from 1997 - 2002 in digital format, I'm sure I will have something that will interest you. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 7:12 PM, CrasherKid said:

I didn't think the vinyl was that rare, not back in the day anyway. Bought my copy in late 99 in a little store in a basement just off Oxford Circus. 

Anyway, to you folks who bought the WAV/MP3 when it was available, would you be able to share it/sell or trade for something else please? I have some rare stuff from 1997 - 2002 in digital format, I'm sure I will have something that will interest you. Cheers!

its now available again here in mp3 or wav on granst nelson new wyze download store.:

https://wyzetrax.com/artist/88/digger

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...