Salt Tank - Pueblo Blanco (Remix package)

Neuro

You'll recognise this because this was a collaboration with Chicane year ago, released as "Leaving Town". Anyway, some news on some new mixes according to the forums on the Chicane website:

"Leaving Town's remix release is finally coming out after almost 2 years of back and forth action with negotiations and unfortunate setbacks with various labels.

It's coming out later in the spring - early summer on Flashover Recordings, after one of the remixes has first been featured on a forthcoming Ferry Corsten mix-CD which again will be announced soon and released before the summer gets in."

Great development is that David himself is hoping for ALL the worthy remixes to end up on the release, also the older ones. Except for the couple Salt Tank's alternative versions he never remastered and sent out to Flashover, which were available only on the old privately shared cdr among friends and most loyal fans. 5am Mix is by far the superior of the mixes there.

The audio formats for the release will be decided after seeing what kind of response Leaving Town gets at the Miami Winter Music Conference next month and on Corsten's mix-CD soon after and whether they would justify proper physical releases on 12" and CD along with the digital release.

Allende Remix

Allende's Downtempo Mix

Aspiration's Pueblo Blanco Mix

Garrett & Cordonnier Remix

Mea Culpa's No Break Mix

Mea Culpa's Break Mix

Salt Tank's 5am Mix

Salt Tank's KM5 Mix

+ possibly even more remixes yet to be finished and announced

Source: http://forums.chicanemusic.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1721

A few I found.....

Salt Tank - Pueblo Blanco (Garrett & Cordonnier Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1eV0D0TkE

One of the Mea Culpa remixes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42nq73LaMvA

I gather these have been in the pipeline for a long time - I get the impression some of the remixes were done some years ago, as well as the newer ones.

Thoughts! :)

I gather these have been in the pipeline for a long time - I get the impression some of the remixes were done some years ago, as well as the newer ones.

Thoughts! :)

Well that Mea Culpa remix as actually done in 1999 - it's on Gatecrasher Wet if you remember?

It was never released though and word has it Xtravaganza were very angry indeed when it came out....

EDIT

Have to say that Garrett & Cordonnier mix is top notch btw! 10/10 :)