Killer Whale kills it's trainer

Number2Fan

Maybe it was an accident, it drowned it's trainer after dragging her into the water after a show at sea world whilst the audience were still there.

But the bit that interested me was....

However, the Orlando Sentinel said Tilly has killed before.

He was blamed for the drowning of one of his trainers in 1991 while he was performing at Sealand of the Pacific in Victoria, British Columbia, the newspaper said.

He was then sold to SeaWorld in 1992 and in 1999 was involved in another death when authorities discovered the body of a naked man lying across his back.

Authorities said the man, who had either sneaked into SeaWorld after it had shut or hidden until past closing time, probably drowned after suffering hypothermia in the water.

WTF???

What was that man doing there, naked?? Something stupidly rude I reckon.

FULL NEWS STORY

It should come as no surprise really, the only thing that amazes is how infrequently these things happen.

I've been to said Sea World in Orlando & though the shows are quite something & they are very wel rehearsed it's a crying shame that such majestic animals are couped up in something that equates to a human being kept in a bath-tub for their whole life.

Agree with sir Bailey here. We took some relatives to seaworld many years ago and whilst everybody was having fun I couldn't help but think this damn whale was being kept away from its natural habitat - the big wide deep blue ocean :(

But you all paid and went and had fun! ? :rolleyes:

You are right of course it is very very wrong, but all the time people pay for it, they'll be people there to take your money and do it. :confused:

Still I want to know why the man was naked laying across the whales back though? :shifty:

Still I want to know why the man was naked laying across the whales back though? :shifty:

Yeah I thought that!! How suspect!!

On the captivity subject I think it's so wrong that we're allowed to keep such animals in oversized goldfish bowls. I'm a fisheries scientist so this sort of thing really angers me. It's ok with little fish and things where they're kept in large tanks because that gives them ample space. Keeping mamals such as these in tanks is nothing short of animal cruelty.

If the person wants to put themself in that sort of situation then it's their fault. If they die then they did so doing something they loved with animals they devoted their life to and I'm sure they wouldn't hold it against the animal. If a mutated eel attacked me at work with a fricking laser beam attached to it's head then I wouldn't hate that animal. :oddcake:

I'm gonna have to risk looking dim here but....Is that REALLY you? :whistling: Is it actually?

But just to make myself look a ittle bit more intelligent, Mackerel is spelled, how I spelled it. ;) I know because I used to write menus.

Of course it isn't. I'm 26 for gods sake! Ha, ha!!

My bad on the spelling front but in my defence I'm a freshwater biologist, not marine :oddcake: .