Top 5 tracks of all time

newts

right i am new to this site so this has probably already been done before but whats your all time favourite trance tracks ?

mine in no particular order are............

1. Hammer & bennet -- language (santiago nino mix)

2. ocallaghan and kearney -- exactly

3. push -- the legacy

4. Dash berlin -- man on the run

5. art of trance-- madagascar (domination mix)

there is more but cant think haha

I'm really pleased to see a younger generation on here select some different tracks. Good choices sir!

I shall have a think this weekend (got to go out to work shortly) and select my choices from slightly yonder back :)

This is always a very difficult one.

My choices always tend to come from the early days of Trance even though there have been some massive tracks for me within the last 5 years as well. So really I need to consider if some of them should be in there but for now will list what I'd probably still pick. Apart from number 1, Cafe del Mar, the rest are in no particular order.

1. Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Original Three n One Mix)

2. Digger - Church of Ra

3. Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel

4. Agenda - Heaven (Lange Remix)

5. Storm - Storm

Yeah... there are definitely loads of others that I want to choose.... grrrrr too hard but some of these choices are ones which are special to me for various reasons rather than simply being the top 5 tunes production wise... although they would still all be well up there based on that alone.

I've decided it's just not possible to whittle this down to 5.

So I shall only post one. A Jules fave in 99!

Orson W - Ilse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjw4gtkh2d8

When I lived in a rented abode back then me and my flatmates turned this up VERY loud and just started dancing round and round endlessly on one occasion.. They were the days! Oh, btw ---- :wub: 1min30 - 2min30 :wub:

So I shall only post one. A Jules fave in 99!

Orson W - Ilse

When I lived in Spain I briefly lived with a Dutch girl whose name was "Ilse" - and with the flipside of the vinyl called "The Love I Lost", maybe this was a poignant release for the artist in question... :ermm: We've all been there!

Come to think of it, Jules always used to call it "The love I lost" back in the day....

Off the top of my head...

01. Super 8 'Alba'

02. Energy 52 'Cafe Del Mar' (Three n One Mix) - basically got me into trance in the first place

03. Paolo Mojo '1983' (Eric Prydz Remix)

04. Sarah Mclachlan 'Fallen' (Gabriel & Dresden Anti-Gravity Mix)

05. St John vs Locust 'Mind Circles'

This will inevitably have changed by the end of the day mind

Off the top of my head:

Slyder - Score (Original Mix) (and 'Neo' for that matter) - Not very well known despite featuring on GTA3 but a fantastic piece of hands-in-the-air trance.

Warrior - X (Original Mix) - That breakdown still sends shivers down my spine.

Jurgen Vries - The Theme (Original Mix) - Not really sure what it is about this track but it has a great sense of energy.

F&W - Your Will Understand (Original Mix) - Amazing is the only word that comes to mind.

The infamous unknown track from Lush - That breakdown with the bendy guitar lead sound has a similar effect on me to Warrior's 'X'.

The above 5 still evoke the same responce from me now as they did when I first heard them which in my opinion is the sign of a great track.