BBC 6 Music being closed down

kml

iPhones are amazing!!

You need a license to have a TV, so if you have freeview on your TV, you need a license!! No matter whether you have sky, virgin, BT vision, Freeview, an aerial, or even just to watch DVDs, if you have a television, you need a television license.

However if you ONLY have an iPhone that's a whole new kettle of fish. Obviously if you have an iPhone and a television at home, you need a TV license.

You cannot watch live or streamed TV progs on library computers because they don't have a TV license though.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, I pay by D/D, I have a license, I watch stuff I like, Pineapple dance studios is the only sky prog I watch atm, but the harddrive to record other things, including radio and series link ups is cool. My sky sub covers my broadband and phone so if I canceled sky I wouldn't be better off.

FFS!!

But I do not listen to BBC 6 music, so I don't give two hoots whether it comes or goes. :boohoo:

And they are ALL overpaid!!!

It amuses me how there's uproar about 6 Music but no-one cares about the other areas affected - notably the website & Asian Music service.

The BBC wastes a vast amount of money & it does need to be made more efficient, the fact that they sent more presenters to the Winetr Olympics than Team GB actually sent competitors says it all really.

Celebrities are moaning about 6 Music but why should we listen to them? Regardless of which facet the BBC shut down there would be 'uproar' (i.e. some mincers mouthing off cos)

I very much enjoy the BBC in it's prime forms - BBC 1, BBC 2 & to an extent BBC 3 (Family Guy & American Dad) but they waste so much on some awful programmes & services - it's about time they were made to reduce costs & if those services specified are deemed surplus then get rid of them, don't waste more money on 'Public Consultation' ffs!

Every ones overpaid to stop people going elsewhere if they don't make good products then who cares

Exactly. If i was a radio 1 DJ i wouldn't accept the same salary as a local radio station DJ.

I am going to try and talk number2fan around to going door to door for signatures to get dance anthems back on radio 1.

hahahahahahaha

But we had so many good times listening to it. Remember the time Dave played our message:

" WWWWOARRGH YEAH DAVE THIS IS NUMBER2FAN & KML CAN YOU PLAY CAFE DEL MAR YEAH WOOO I'M IN MY RENAULT 5 WITH THE POSSEE..!!! "

Great!

The BBC is a far more professional outfit than any other UK broadcaster. To pay £140+ to be able to watch F1 without any adverts is worth it alone. Add to that the 30 mins+ I spend on their website at lunchtime each day, Test Match Special throughout the summer and winter series, and advert free films and TV programmes. And how many people rely on the BBC for news and current affairs? Can you really trust news that is paid for by advertisers, who are only interested in viewing figures?

They have also ventured into online services well, with the iPlayer leading the way.

The quality of their programming (TV and radio) is unique, but they do have to ditch some of their overpaid celebrities. (Thankfully the worst offender has decided to disappear without renegotiating his fee).

Me too! He's mentioned just a little bit of what we get for our 39p per day! Anyone that thinks that is a 'rip-off' needs to have a word with themself.

I love when costs are broken down to a daily fee to make them appear more acceptable/amendable

My problem with it all is that it is compulsory and how the BBC go about ensuring people pay the fee.

My only gripe with the BBC is the amount of money they waste on huge salaries in order to entice crap celebrity presenters like Kelly Osbourne - when there are better presenters on local radio that would supply better entertainment at a fraction of the cost.

If they got rid of all of those, then they'd be able to invest it in better daytime TV or do more live broadcasts. The BBC waste money in the wrong areas - but even then, we still get good value for money.