Pioneer CDJ1000s discontinued....

Moonman

scratchworx article

So, it had to happen sooner or later with ioneer no doubt wanting everyone to jump onto the 900 or 2000's.

What are yout thoughts?

I think now, we are starting to see the dominance of DVS systems, most dj's seem to be falling for them now. As a DVS user myself, i can see why. They're more flexible in everyway than a cdj ever could be. I also think Midi controllers are going to creep in now.

So, they've had a good innings, been trusty, reliable and real workhorse. They'll be missed. Interestingly, the mighty Technics 1200/1210 still refuses to die!

theres apparently issues with the cdj 2000's though with the pitch not being very good and acurate, seen it on a few djs twitter posts.

Gareth emery commented on it and think menno de jong did too.......people are saying a firmware update is needed

whether this has been addressed im yet im not sure??

Oh dear, thats pretty fail for pioneer if thats the case.

I've not sen any in clubs yet, i've only played a handful since they've been released and not encountered them yet, nor have i seen them on my clubbing travels. I think they may be a smidge to expensive to become industry standard...?

Oh dear, thats pretty fail for pioneer if thats the case.

I've not sen any in clubs yet, i've only played a handful since they've been released and not encountered them yet, nor have i seen them on my clubbing travels. I think they may be a smidge to expensive to become industry standard...?

ministry of sound have 5 installed - in one booth! :thumbsup:

Bit annoying as one of my CDJ1000 MkII's has developed a sound drop out fault in the phono sockets and I could do with getting it fixed.

Anyone know where I can get these things done?

Hello mate. Although it sounds like a simple issue (probably a loose connection between the phono sockets and the PCB) I wouldn't try to do anything yourself.

I know someone who recently tried to repair a CDJ unit and in the process of taking it apart broke something else - there are some very sensitive parts in them. The repair cost was subsequently increased dramatically.

I would give Pioneer a call - there should be a number for their DJ department repairs or something on the website and ask their advise. They would repair it for you but as it will be out of warrantee now I dont know how much it would cost - hopefully not too much but its getting the unit there and back which may be expensive.

Hello mate. Although it sounds like a simple issue (probably a loose connection between the phono sockets and the PCB) I wouldn't try to do anything yourself.

I know someone who recently tried to repair a CDJ unit and in the process of taking it apart broke something else - there are some very sensitive parts in them. The repair cost was subsequently increased dramatically.

I would give Pioneer a call - there should be a number for their DJ department repairs or something on the website and ask their advise. They would repair it for you but as it will be out of warrantee now I dont know how much it would cost - hopefully not too much but its getting the unit there and back which may be expensive.

Cheers for the info. I'd thought it'd be Pioneer Service Centre job, but I've heard your looking at paying at least £100 and then of course the delivery charges!

I still can't believe my luck to have a fecking broken CDJ.