1999-08-06 - Judge Jules, Live From Bar M, Ibiza (45 mins)

djtonyg

"Wish it was 1999 again" sir I really liked that, please continue to share the memories in each download thread - everyone on here loves hearing snippets of memories from those who were there at the broadcasts... It adds another story, another colour, and another meaning to the set each time :)

• 1 month later...

I cannot believe that I have found this on here after searching the net for so long. I heard this mix the night before flying out to Ibiza for the first time and have been searching for years for the name of the first song (Global Trance Mission) after hearing it all summer in 1999.

What do I have to do to be able to download this mix? Any help is gratefully appreciated to help me relive some memories!

Welcome, lazyboy101

Don't forget we have also been looking for a complete download of this set, and it only partially survives here.

What do I have to do to be able to download this mix? Any help is gratefully appreciated to help me relive some memories!

You can now download files from the archives as you have now posted in the forums. Any problems just let us know! Enjoy :)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Wow what can i say. Im nearly 41 yrs old and listening back to this era is truely amazing!!! Remember like it was yesterday listening to the Judge. Had this 1999 Ibiza set all on tape like everyone did back then. No idea where it is now but played it non stop for years. God those years of Jules accompanied me growing up and going out clubbing. To the present day i still have the biggest smile listening to these tunes again. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to this archive. TUNE!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea where to find his mix from '99. I THINK it was live from Bar M... the tracklist was mental. From vague memory, it included some moster track like Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy, Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400, Delerium - Silence. I would love to find that mix... it was epic. All I know is it was from 1999, and broadcast live on Radio 1 - a 2 hour set maybe?

Any help would be hugely appreciated. I used to have the mix on cassette... alas it's lost.

• 3 weeks later...

No malice intended, I would suggest not posting links to tracks to download directly though, as much as I doubt Quake would care about it these days!

For me the vocals never fitted this track, so it was annoying the vocal version came out on the Essential vinyl release.

When made aware a year or two ago I bought the Pioneer Underground or club beats comp that had the instrumental on it, I guess this is the one you have?

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just found a shoe box full of old sets, mainly from the late nineties & early naughties. I've made a start going through them starting with the broadcast live from Bar M in Ibiza from August 1999. This is the one where Gordon Matthewman was ad libbing with his trumpet. Below is the track listings from the whole set and the mixes I believe were used. I'd love to know what the penultimate track is, the one that uses "the weekend has landed" from Human Traffic. Anyway, hope this is of some help. The Judge won't budge.

Fragma - "Toca Me" (In Petto remix)

Progress Boys - "Everybody"

Agnelli & Nelson - "Everday" (Original non vocal)

Starfighter - "Apache" (Original mix)

Montanto - "Itzat Trumpet Thing" (Original 12")

Bob Marley vs Funkstar Deluxe - "Sun is Shining" (Rainbow Mix)

DJ Jean - "The Launch" (Yomanda Mix)

Gibson Brothers - "Que Sera" (Yomanda Mix)

York - "The Awakening" (Quake Mix)

Global Trance Mission - "Dream Mission" (Bootleg Mix)

Big Time Charlie - "On The Run" (3 Jays Mix)

Mauro Picotta - "Lizard" (1999 Claxxix Mix)

Quake - "Mantra" (Original Mix)

Push - "Universal Nation" (Ferry Corsten Mix)

Taste Experience - "Summersault" (Taul Paul Mix)

Unknown - Unknown

Powerhouse - "What You Need" (Full Intention Power Mix)

Art of Trance - "Madagascar" (Ferry Corsten Mix)

Unknown - "7 Seconds" (Trance Mix)??

Space Brothers - "Heaven Will Come" (Lange Mix)

Higate - "Pitchin" (Original Mix)

X-Cabs - "Neuro '99" ('99 Mix)

Lost Witness - "Red Sun Rising" (Lange Mix)

Unknown - Unknown

Armin - "Communication"

There were two going around at the time, one of them Tong released on Essential Recordings:

https://www.discogs.com/Kriana-The-Weekend-Has-Landed/master/193997

the other is:

https://www.discogs.com/Minky-The-Weekend-Has-Landed/master/280555

The one Jules played for this set was: Kriana - The Weekend Has Landed (Yellowstone's Burgled Mix)

And yes Tim if you do have the full set on tape if you could upload it that would be superb! As I'm so gutted I taped over the side of this recording I did

Thanks Jason B & DJTonyG. Kriana - The Weekend Has Landed is a belting track. There was another I was struggling to ID. It was some sort of mashup of Fatboy Slim Right Here, Right Now. I'll get organised and upload the set for everyone to enjoy.

I must have been through 6 hours worth of tapes over the weekend. It's brought back loads of memories, mainly good! I've come across tracks I'd forgotten about such as "Hey Little Girl" by Mathias Schaffhauser and Hemstock & Jennings "Mirage", the version with the haunting operatic vocals.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

10. Global Trance Mission - 'Dream Mission' (Unknown Remix) [white label]
11. Big Time Charlie - 'On The Run' (The 3 Jay's Mix) [inferno]
12. Mauro Picotto - 'Lizard' (Claxxix Mix) [VC]
13. Quake - 'Mantra (Forever)' (Dub Version) [Essential]
14. Push - 'Universal Nation' (Ferry Corsten Remix) [Platipus]
15. Taste Xperience - 'Summersault' (Tall Paul Remix) [Manifesto]
16. Fuzzy Wubblizz - Right Here Right Now (Mind Trap Original) (Groovilicious)
17. Liquid Love ‎– Liquid Needs (White Label DH 01)
18. Art of Trance - 'Madagascar' (Ferry Corsten Remix) [Platipus]
19. Unknown - '7 Seconds' [white label: THD 001]
20. Space Brothers - 'Heaven Will Come' (Lange Vocal Mix) [Manifesto]

• 2 years later...

I appreciate its been a while so its highly possible no one will see this...but in case you are out there still... i just want to say thank you for showing a little bit of love for the Dream Mission remix from way back when. I happen to stumble across this thread when trying to find one of the shows that Jules played the track to show to a friend and it put a real smile on my face.

As an added bonus - SM1 meant 'Secret Mission 1' - it was the first of two remixes we did...the second was 'Good Shot' by Hands Burn...another on the Spot on label.

As an even better bonus....I have an mp3 if you weren't lucky enough to have a vinyl copy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Weaver123 said:

I appreciate its been a while so its highly possible no one will see this...but in case you are out there still... i just want to say thank you for showing a little bit of love for the Dream Mission remix from way back when. I happen to stumble across this thread when trying to find one of the shows that Jules played the track to show to a friend and it put a real smile on my face.

As an added bonus - SM1 meant 'Secret Mission 1' - it was the first of two remixes we did...the second was 'Good Shot' by Hands Burn...another on the Spot on label.

As an even better bonus....I have an mp3 if you weren't lucky enough to have a vinyl copy.

Hi there, welcome to the forum mate!

I loved your version of Dream Mission, was gutted when I bought a vinyl thinking that your version was the original and it wasn't (this was pre-discogs, so didnt realise the track originally was from a few years earlier). Would be amazing to grab the mp3 of it!

Cheers :)