1999-08-06 - Judge Jules, Live From Bar M, Ibiza (45 mins)

djtonyg

Great work, thanks Gregg, you should submit it onto the Discogs site, please make a note of the cat # when you can :-)

Whats the condition like by the way?

I took all the pictures and stuff to do it, but without the catalogue number I can't even start! I'll submit it tomorrow :-)

The condition is fine for a booty, the 1st beat is missing from the all important track, but it's easily mixed in. No scratches or marks on vinyl.

The CD above could be the way forward for a perfect rip.

Was pretty sure I saw this available on CD legally on discogs...i'll go double check...

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Club-Beats-Series-2-Volume-6/release/1711589

1 for sale at the moment... ;-)

Yep I just updated the entry on discogs for that CD this evening! Used to say 12" Version but I've called it the Dub so other people can find it :)

Thanks man, oh dear, its one of those obscure random mp3 sites :)

Forgive me, I'm a complete novice to all this side of things, but is that site dodgy or what? I thought it was legit enough, minimum sign up of $20 etc. I was seriously considering signing up, it's got loads of classics that I can't find elsewhere. Thats a shame if it is.

I use these russian websites all the time for illegal purchases.

Good for listening before you buy the real thing.

basically those sites are one massive catalog of random rips which can vary from 128k dodgy cd rips to impossibly awesome 320k vinyl rips. It's a lottery!

But when they cost 10 cents, there's no harm really. Anything I do like I make a point of purchasing the vinyl to do my own perfect copy :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this the one with the saxophone in it? I loved that set, eager to download but have to do some postings first.

hmm, Saxophone.. I know for sure that Rocky played the Sax at Ibiza in 2002, but i'm not sure there has been "incidents" with a Sax as far back as in 99.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have another date for this, possibly 03-08-1999 - can anyone confirm the correct one?

Also I think the first track of this tape is Global Trance Mission - 'Dream Mission' - not sure of the remix though?

A rare thanks from me to BBC for keeping (some) of their old websites alive... this one in particular: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/ibiza99/index.shtml

Seems this is from the 6th of August ;)

Amazing weekend broadcast... would love to get hold of it all! :rolleyes:

Is this the one with the saxophone in it? I loved that set, eager to download but have to do some postings first.

This show actually does have a saxophone player on it... and it sounds much better than Mr. Rocky....

Check out track 02. Big Time Charlie - On The Run (The 3 Jay's Mix) [inferno]

It's subtle, and yet effective saxing :thumbsup:

Haha, the saxing on 'Universal Nation' is not so fitting as on 'On The Run' :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Global Trance Mission - Dream Mission is an unreleased remix, i got it from HTFR and it had no markings on it, but their own label had 1999 remix written on it :)

Ive uploaded it to youtube for anyone who cares:

The runout just had SMI so there's basically no identifying marks on this, ive added it to discogs now:

http://www.discogs.com/Global-Trance-Mission-Dream-Mission-Remix/release/3140383

No idea, i think it might be the initials of the guy who pressed the vinyl. There's no other code on there apart from this. The label is also totally plain both sides so.

• 7 months later...

Almost in tears with happiness that I've found this. Listened live in absolute awe in August 1999, recorded it on tape as we all did back then and pretty much listened to it weekly for the next 4 years or so until I gave it to a mate who never returned it claiming months or years later that he never had it.

7 seconds away then Heaven Will Come with the Trumpet man. Up there at the very top of the glory period of Judge Jules for me.

Listened to the Judge Live on Radio One every weekend from late 97 till about some point in 2003.

97 to 2002 was an unbelieavble experience listening in total joy to the tunes and the white labels that the Judge would bring live to the nation every weekend, cutting edge dance music during the golden period. Stopped listening in 2003 as I felt he went downhill big time during this year and just wan't the same anymore and if memory serves right he started playing some utter rubbish that he wouldn't be seen dead playing a couple of years earlier.

Seen the Judge at the Rhumba Ice Factory Perth August 2000 live on Radio One. Again at Cafe Mambo Ibiza August 2001 live on Radio One, met him after at the bar and had a drink with the great man and a chat. Again at Circus nightclub Dundee around 2002 and again at London Nightclub Dundee for the Radio One weekend 2006.

Registered for this site a couple of years ago after a few drinks but completely forgot about it and just stumbled across it again this weekend.

Think I'm going to download and relive pretty much everything on it from 1997 to 2002.

What a site. Can't believe I'm getting to hear these sets again. Thanks to those responsible.

The Judge wont budge :-)

Listened to the Bar M mix in the car today, hairs on the back of the neck up and smiling from ear to ear at Mantra, Universal Nation, Madagascar, that cool mix of Sweet Harmony & I got What You Need. Fantastic to hear all this again and seems like yesterday I was listening to it, not 9 to 13 years ago before I lost the tape!

Just remembered I saw the Judge at the Christmas Glam in 2000 too. Away to download that one. Sticking to the ones I was at to start with then going to just hit everything from 97 to 2001.

What a site, thanks again gents.