Beat Logistix with John Kelly & Fabio Stein - Friday 30th April 2010

Dance music legend, JOHN KELLY, brings a Trance Classics Set to Banbury (Oxfordshire) to headline our first major event in the town. John Kelly was the first name on the lips of promoters at emerging new clubs including Gatecrasher, Slinky, Passion, Sundissential and Miss Moneypenny’s. Within a short period of time he earned himself residencies at the world’s greatest clubs, including Cream, Godskitchen, Ministry of Sound, and the biggest club in the world, Manumission. In-between residencies he was invited to play all over the planet and has made guest appearances at clubs and festivals across Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Australia, South America and of course, the USA. John is always keen to collaborate with his peers and as well as playing regularly alongside the world’s top DJs, his albums, made-jointly with Seb Fontaine, Sonique and Jim Shaft Ryan, have sold over a million copies. On the production side, he has remixed tracks for The Farm and Utah Saints, and he has even had a place in the UK top 40 singles charts with the track “Outrageous” which he made with his close friend Judge Jules, under the guise of Stix & Stoned. With his own releases, including the Superstar DJs CD for Slinky, and four Essential Mixes for Pete Tong’s show on Radio 1, it is easy to see why John is regarded as one of clubland’s most sought-after DJs.

FABIO STEIN is our second headline act of the night. Quoted in DJ Mag Brazil’s Fantastic 4 feature, tipped as Breakthru DJ for 2008 by Judge Jules, in the Top 100 DJ Mag issue and voted into the Trance Addict Top 250 DJs, Fabio Stein is one of the leading names of the trance scene hailing from South America. Having recently moved to London from Sao Paulo (Brazil), the Italo-Brazilian tech-trance pioneer, was the very first trance producer from his country to release a major hit in Europe. We’re talking about Tran-4 (on Maelstrom records). The track was heavily supported by many of the worlds top DJs, considered by Judge Jules the best track of 2006, featuring on many CD compilations, air played 14 consecutive times on Judge Jules’ The Weekend Warm-Up, on BBC Radio 1 and… well, that was only just the start!

Support on the night comes from Beat Logistix residents, Carl Briggs and Donna Marie. Donna will bring her unique style of Progressive & Uplifting Trance to the Beat Logistix decks, whilst Carl Briggs will round the night off in style with his style of full-on driving Trance and Hard Techno.

Tickets available now, priced at £5 from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/76058

april2010-front.jpg

april2010-back.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Well done on all of this Briggsy, I actually do wish I lived nearer, I would have been to many Beat Logistix nights by now.

How do you manage to stop unsavoury people coming and spoiling it for the people that are there for the right reasons?? You know like chavs and stuff.

Well done on all of this Briggsy

Thank you :D

How do you manage to stop unsavoury people coming and spoiling it for the people that are there for the right reasons?? You know like chavs and stuff.

haha well we had a slight problem there at the old venue, but the 3 bouncers were pretty good and didn't stand for any nonsense - so they were soon shown the door.

Thankfully, the new venue is quite classy and attracts a nice crowd. No chavs or plonkers - so there's a really nice vibe about the new place.

On a side note, this will be one of my last three gigs before I hang up the headphones forever, so it'll be nice to see some faces off here before I call it a day.

My last ever gig will be a 5 hour set in July playing my favourite tunes from the 10 years i've been DJ'ing :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mate I hope you had a great night. I wanted to come but was at my step-sister's wedding last night. Good luck with your remaining gigs as well by the way.

Thanks Tremor :D

It was a superb night. It started off fairly quiet, but finished off quite busy - in fact, the manager gave us an extra hour because the crowd were loving it and hung around right til the end.

Donna Marie warmed up for John Kelly - who played a classics set - some quite obvious, others more 'forgotten'. He played from 11 til 12.30 and it was a little quiet for him, but by the time Fabio came on at 12.30 until 2, it was really busy and Fabio smashed it! One of the smoothest mixers i've ever heard, and his set building was superb. Very under-rated DJ. I then followed on from Fabio until the end with a fairly 'banging' set - which included Fabio's remix of Mainx - 88 To Piano. It would have been rude not too. His face lit up when he heard that being played :-)

I have to say, Fabio is one of the friendliest, most down to earth people i've ever met. He was there from start to finish and chatted all night. His enthusiasm cannot be beaten - i've never seen anyone so passionate about their music. The crowd got an added treat when Fabios friend came along - who is a magician. Amazingly, he doesn't do it as a job - its a hobby - but this guy could rake in stacks of money. I've never seen tricks like it - he bent a fork just by rubbing it, made himself hover off the floor COMPLETELY by about 6 inches, and he did some amazing card tricks. He asked me to roll up three bits of paper - and put one piece in one hand, and 2 pieces in the other. He then told me to open my hand - somehow, he made all three pieces of paper appear in one hand, and disappear out of the other.

It really does have to be seen to be believed. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I've seen magic on the TV and thought "yeah right, its all trickery, etc" - but Fabio's friend really does make you think "How the hell did he do that?". He won't even show Fabio how its done. Amazing!

Best gig of my 'career', best set i've ever played, and best atmosphere ever too. If I could re-do any night in my life again, that would be it.

mate that sounds like a fantastic night. i would have loved to ve been there, huge fan of fabio! me and rob talk to him quite a lot, and whenever corbossy are given remix duties i always fear w have to compete with mr stein too! :lol: its great to hear everything went well, looks like you are ending your career in good fashion :)