Judgements at MoS 28th May 2010

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where from Ian?? Let me know if you do wanna come.

i live in manchester, so id have to get a train down, which is between £50-£60

then in an ideal world would need a b&b or hotel, or i could be hardcore and go the club, but just grab an early train back......

the only issue is i doubt mates wanting to go at such a short notice, and im also going away in july so saving for that ideally.

I'm kinda weighing it up....still undecided

or i could be hardcore and go the club, but just grab an early train back......

That's what I'd do!!

It can be harsh but I done that when I went to Gatecrasher (1) and I done that alone too...

If you decide to come, PM me or someone else your number, so we can defo all say Hi!! :) You can sleep on the train and when you get home.

Reminds me of a funny story, but that's for another time. ;)

Most times I go out clubbing I have to stay til the end and then wait for the first train home. I've only once actually stayed in a b&b or anything the next day. However I don't usually have to travel quite so far home.

Last weekend I went to see Kissy Sellout in Lincoln but stayed with a mate in Derby. So we stayed til the club closed at 4 - then went to an after party at a bar in town until 5.30 and then grabbed the first train back to Derby - got back to mates house around 7.30 which aint too bad. Got about 5 hours sleep then went for some lunch before driving back from Derby to High Wycombe (about 130 miles). I was pretty shattered but I've done a similar thing many many times. I'm sure you'll be fine Ian if you do decide to come and would be great to meet you. I can understand if you dont though.

Cor bloody hell, wait til you get to my age, and you get home at 8am, to your kids who've just woken up and want breakfast, cartoons and a trip to the park, with no chance of sleep til at least 7pm the next evening. Then you'll know shattered!! LOL

Yeah I can't imagine that being fun.

The worst I've done is when I couldn't get the weekend off work back when I worked in a garden centre on weekends when still at school in the week. I went to a Slammin' Vinyl event at the Sanctuary Milton Keynes after working on the Saturday from 8.30 til 6. I got home the next morning at 7.30am - jumped in the shower put on my work clothes and then cycled to work for 9am. Worked til 5pm and then had to go out for a school leaver's meal thing in the evening. Think it was nearly 40 hours awake in the end.

For a long time I would regularly come home from a club, change and go to work as my job started at 6am, I'd then go home at 2pm, have a sleep, a bath and got out again on the Saturday. On a weekly basis.

Then as I got a bit older, I would go out perhaps once a month and work the next dat sometimes, sometimes not. Mostly not, then when I was about 29 I thought oh it'll be ok, working the next day, I've done it before but suddenly IT WASN'T(not when you can't just die when you get home either). So now, I always book the next day off. But from 18-25 you should easily be able to stay up all night. A boy at work done it t'other week, kept telling me all day how he'd been to gatecrashers all night, blah blah. My response was......'So you didn't f****** invite me, then I have NO sympathy!!'

You only live once, get out there, and do it! :)

Me too! I've meet her several times in Ibiza @ JS and also when l went up to Leeds to do see Jules @ a JS event. She wasn't playing on that occasion but just turned up! In my opinion she's a really good DJ, and l like most of the stuff she plays. :thumbsup:

As for Tristan.....well he's just a kid so what do you expect, however l agree it isn't good PR and he should know better! :thumbsdown:

BTW Neuro (Tim) won't be joining us on this occasion as he has a prior engagement :( .

:lol: This time next week we should be on our way to MOS! I'm really excited.

BTW, as l've never been to MOS before was just wondering whether it's normally hot or cold inside (temperature). When l went up to Glasgow to see Jules and Eddie it was freezing cold in the 02 Academy due to the air conditioning working overtime :angry:

:lol: This time next week we should be on our way to MOS! I'm really excited.

BTW, as l've never been to MOS before was just wondering whether it's normally hot or cold inside (temperature). When l went up to Glasgow to see Jules and Eddie it was freezing cold in the 02 Academy due to the air conditioning working overtime :angry:

every time i have gone its been fine in a t shirt :thumbsup:

Well I was wearing jeans and a quarter length sleeve top but after the weather we're had today and are expecting tomorrow, I'm probably gonna wear a vest and shorts. Undecided on the shorts, as my legs aren't what they used to be, and we do have that train journey... it's ok in there Chrissie. It's not cold. I will warn you now though, it is extremely LOUD in the big room. I'm taking earplugs. I can't risk it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, l think l'll bring some earplugs with me just in case l find it too noisy. I can't make up my mind what to wear so will probably bring a couple of things with me and will make a decision on the night. As you quite rightly say we have a train journey to think about and also the weather.

I'll be in jeans I reckon. Unless I get a wicked tan this week! Xx

:lol: I've been using St Tropez's self tan lotion for years now as l have to be careful not to get burnt as l've had skin cancer so if l go out in the sun have to use factor 50.