Jules R1 19/03/10

JasonB

01. Aeonism Ft Empire Of The Sun - 'Rule The World' [Myth Records]

02. Tristan D - 'Passing Judgement' (Freejak Remix) [Abstract]

03. The Lost Brothers The Lost Brothers - 'Cry Little Sister' (Freejak Remix) [CDR]

04. Tigran Oganezov - 'Colossus' [CDR]

05. Mr. Pit - 'This Room Is Not Big Enough' [Cold Harbour]

06. Danny Byrd Ft Liquid - 'Sweet Harmony' (J&T Rework) [CDR]

DJ On Route: Christopher Lawrence

07. Faithless Faithless - 'Not Going Home' (Armin Van Buuren Remix) [Nate’s Tunes]

08. G*E*R*M - 'Glitterball' (G*E*R*M mix) [G.E.R.M. Records]

09. Paul van Dyk Paul van Dyk - 'We Are One' (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix) [Vandit]

10. Matt Skyer - 'Chupavision' (Mike Wind Emphashup) [Emphase]

11. Milo.Nl Meets Invincible - '7th Day 2010' (Nick Larson Remix) [High Fashion Digital]

The Backroom 2

12. Dada Life - 'Bleep Satisfaction' [Dada Records]

13. Don Diablo Vs Missy Elliot - 'Teen Scream Control' [CDR]

Tried & Tested

14. Onra - 'En Fin' [CDR]

15. Eddie Jay & Dee C - 'Horizon' [CDR]

DJ Relay: Agustin Servente From Heatbeat

16. Paul Van Dyk’s Choice: Sneijder - 'Away From Here' (Arty Remix) [Vandit]

17. Heatbeat’s Choice: Randy Boyer Ft Cari Golden - 'Broken' (Exit Remix) [CDR]

The Classic: 2003

18. Plummet - 'Damaged' [serious]

Judge Jules In The Mix

19. Ummet Ozcan - 'Trinity' [spinnin’]

20. Mallorca Lee & Sam Starr - 'Snowball' (Fred Baker Remix) [Fraction Records]

21. Gladiator - 'Now We Are Free' [Evolve]

22. Allen & Donaghy - 'Dark Matter' (Lee Haslam Mix) [Digital Remedy]

23. Ariel - 'A9' (Paul Webster 2010 Mix) [CDR]

24. Strobe - 'We Are The Future' (Will Atkisnon Remix) [CDR]

wonder why jules is playing gladiator again

I think I may be the reason for this - or possibly pushing a nostalgic reminder :)

Back when I was putting this mix together, I wanted to conclude with what I believe Jules' own remix of the track.

I emailed him asking if he would be kind enough to share the track with me - it's one of my all time faves - both remix wise and the original Hans Zimmer version. He later responded saying that he was in Ibiza and wouldn't be in the studio much till later in the year where it's on one of his disk drives. I didn't hear anything for a while, so chased it up and still didn't hear nothing back - was a little surprised because we all know Jules typically hits the fans back by email.

Anyhow, randomly and very much to my delight and surprise, I had an email from him passing me the track just last week. It was completely out of the blue and I was very happy and quickly checked it out, but it wasn't the track I was after. Perhaps you guys could confirm the attached, it's taken from a set of his in Qontact 2001 - it sounds like his sound at the time and if memory serves me correct, I'm sure he did do a remix of this.

He sent me the track pretty much a day or so before his show, so perhaps in finding what he thought I was asking for, he has decided to feature it on the show... :o

I have replied to him and this type attaching the sampe of the track I am after, but have had no response as of yet. The Gladiator track he is playing on the show was produced by Dave Lambert, right?

2001-04-30-Gladiator Track.mp3

Edited by Aza

Jules played another one of his own remixes of this tune @ Homelands in 2001 called Gladiator- "Gladiator" It is similar to the clip Aza has put up on here, the Homelands mix is, imo more "banging" and l love it! Both the Qontact and Homelands remixes were done by Jules. I wrote to Jules about it back in Nov 2003 and he said he would love to release the Gladiator mix he did but it could cause him significant legal difficulties which he could do without.

Thanks Chrissie - that's useful to hear.

Glad you like the track, too. I concur :)

If this is the case, Jules has responded to me yet - but would just absolutely love to spin this tune!

Other web searches list this as 'Gladiator - Unnknown' or similar, but on our own archives, it's down as "Judge Jules - 'Gladiator' (Mix #1) [white label]"

Edit: The set is one of the best I heard of Jules too around that era - full on great tunes! Worth checking it out in the audio section :)

Edited by Aza

Jules played; Gladiator 2003- "Now We Are Free" (Darren Tate Mix) [White label] on Radio 1 on 15.11.2003. This mix sounds very similar to the one he played this week. I dug out the tape (15.11.2003) and after Jules had played the tune he explained to the listeners why he hadn't been able to release his version of the tune. I'll try and upload it onto this site but won't be able to do it for a few days as l have friends staying with me. Also l'll try and upload the other mix Jules did of Gladiator at Homelands in 2001. I sent it to Tim and he played around with it and sent me the edited version which is, imo very good and slightly different from the one he played at Qontact in 2001. If l can't upload it on here then l will send it to Aza via email (thats if it 's ok with you Aza)

Edit.

I've submitted both these clips for approval :)

Again don't wanna sound like a broken record, But I shall.... I still love G*E*R*M - 'Glitterball' (G*E*R*M mix) [G.E.R.M. Records]

If ever there was a track you knew you'd rinse the pants off it when you got it, It would deffo be this one :thumbsup: