Tremor's April 2010 mix

Tremor

Hi guys. I've just got back from 3 weeks working at Butlins Minehead! I've not been on the decks or bought any new tunes til today so these are fresh off the download and I decided to record them straight into a set. I'm fairly happy with it considering its the first time I've spun any of them before.

I hope you enjoy it.

01. Olav Basoski - Snapped

02. Sander Van Doorn - Renegade

03. Ali Wilson - Pandora

04. Moonpax vs Snatt & Vix - Winter of Love

05. Andy Tau - Static (Original Mix)

06. Tritonal - Utopia

07. Ummet Ozcan - Trinity

08. Scott Mac - Damager 02 (W&W Remix)

09. Simon Patterson - Taxi

10. Phynn & Alpha Centauri - Supernova

11. Sequentia vs Static Blue - Sacrifice - (Dan Stone Remix)

12. Aly & Fila ft. Denise Rivera - My Mind Is With You

http://soundcloud.com/nathantremeer/april-2010-mix

Edited by Neuro
Embedded soundcloud media

cheers Aza... glad someone is checking it out.. lol. To be fair it has had some downloads but no idea if anyone off here has nabbed it as no one else has posted.

Hope you enjoy it mate. I've got a couple of other mixes I'm thinking of uploading - one a kind of "gone but not forgotten" idea including some great tunes Jules played back in 2000 but which don't tend to get picked as obvious classics and hence you never hear them anymore. Then I've got another one which was just a long session on the decks picking tracks from any time in the last 12 years... no planning involved just went with it and bits of it turned out pretty good. I might get those up soon if people are interested.

cheers Aza...

You're welcome - have always appreciated your comments in the past so like to keep it all good :)

I've got a couple of other mixes I'm thinking of uploading - one a kind of "gone but not forgotten" idea including some great tunes Jules played back in 2000 but which don't tend to get picked as obvious classics and hence you never hear them anymore. Then I've got another one which was just a long session on the decks picking tracks from any time in the last 12 years... no planning involved just went with it and bits of it turned out pretty good. I might get those up soon if people are interested.

Go for it I'd say - I'll definately have a listen as that sounds awesome. I've had a few oldies from back in the day jump out at me over recent weeks, so as and when they do, I'll make a note and drop you a line with them for considersation? I'd say they're a mixture of GBNF and fairly recent era - 2007/08 - but hey - we are in 2010 now so they're also becoming the suited criteria!

It seems our 2001/2003 era which we all pretty much hold in highest regard around here are almost becoming timeless rather than GBNF.

BTW - that is exactly how I use to practice when starting out - just going through your box of tunes, learning how to structure sets by what jumps out at you as you scroll through your box of records whilst learning how to mix songs with different structures e.g. those with long outro's and those with difficult and shorter intro's. It's amazing how your mood also dictates what you play as in the bedroom you don't have a crowd to get a feel for the reaction, whereas it's you and the instruments and you go with what you feel - sweet :) I do miss those days!

Cheers again and will let you know my thoughtz after checking out the mix! ;)

Edited by Aza

Thanks Chrissie, always appreciated. I hope you like it.

Aza - yeah feel free to fire some suggestions of tunes over. I record alot of stuff without a particular plan - I tend to hit record whenever I have a mix just in case I have a really good mix and then want to listen to it again in the car etc. The sets I mentioned are ones I've already done but it was the concept I liked and I think I will take ideas from the GBNF set and re-do it since there are a few changes I want to make and as always I have thougth of some more tunes to include. So yeah do suggest some stuff as I will probably record a new take before uploading.

Will sure do then - cheers...

I went through a very similar thought process myself a few years back and made a few mixes with exactly the intentions that we discussed - feel free to take a look at these and also download if you get the chance (and for anyone else interested) - these may help stimulate thought, but as I mixed these a few years back, would be keen to hear what you think of the mixing...

Dispersion - one of the very first mixes I made on my CDJs and features a lot of great tunes from the Jules era we all loved, especially on R1. One of my fave mixes :) I remember discussing a few of the tracks wondefully with Tim (Neuro) and actually think he may have helped me out with the mix title! ;)

For the Sun to Set - this was one mix that I made after reminiscently listening to the Trance Nation series and thought that I would set out to do a set based on some of my fave all timers together with records that I had never managed to get into a set. Not sure where I got the name from, but remember seeing the title for this set in as latin and I loved the translation (don't know what it is now - maybe someone who speaks Latin can help :)).

I remember uploading this especially for the board with no tracklist and got them all to guess it, which they pretty much did bang on! It was great fun and so I thought I'd make a sequel to it, For the Sun to Rise.

Thanks Chrissie, really appreciate the comments. I was feeling a bit nostalgic the other day after you reminded me of this and I checked it out again myself!

Tremor: working on a list for you today and will be in touch :)

Aza... dude, thanks for linking to your "For The Sun To Rise" mix... brilliant mix!

I had forgotten all about Planispehere - Moonshine (Original Mix) [bonzai UK]... OMG what a classic. It has this unique Bonzai sound. Very moody, almost dystopic... and yet beautiful. Thanks for reminding me!

Of course!! Now I know why that tune is so special to me... it's on Tiesto's Magik 7 - Live from Los Angeles. My all time favorite mix compilation :)

Emotional trance tunage at it's best... only as Bonzai can make them!