Pioneer EFX-1000 unit for sale

Briggsy

Due to me hanging up the headphones, my EFX-1000 unit is for sale. Its only 4 months old and used twice. Comes with original box, manuals, and all leads - so you can connect and go straight away.

Mint condition - as stated, only used twice!

£590 inc delivery (£590 if paying by cheque - if paying by Paypal, add the extra relevant fees on).

Mods - There doesn't appear to be an obvious please for selling things, so if you feel this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

Are you not Djing anymore mate? Why not? What about promotion, you still gonna be doing that?

My last gig is in July mate. I've pulled out of bookings I had with other promotors, and aren't taking any more bookings from now on. I'm just playing three more times for my own night - This Friday, June and a "farewell" 5 hour set in July and then that will be it.

As for promoting - i'm handing the night over to my good mate, Donna Marie, who has also been my resident DJ since the event started in August. She's been with me since the start, so its only fair that I pass it on to her. I'll be hanging around to help her out - but she'll have full control over line-ups then, rather than myself. The first birthday is in August, so it makes sense to start a new era under her control for that onwards.

having to give up? i'm gonna shoot in the dark here, but is your hearing getting that bad? sad times :(

Absolutely shot mate - especially the left ear. I had a hearing test about 2 months ago, and i've got permanent damage to the mid-range frequencies - the frequency of speech. I kinda suspected problems a while ago because I struggle to hear people in a noisy environment like a nightclub (even in places like supermarkets). I come across as ignorant - but i'm really not - I just can't hear people and sometimes I think I know what they've said, and completely got the wrong end of the stick. Over the last 3 or 4 months though, i've noticed a sudden deterioration.

Basically, if I don't quit now, I never will - and i'll end up with a hearing aid at 40.

With the current politic within the scene, and Trance slowing right down, now is the right time to go before it all changes for the better again - i'll find it harder to quit then.