IS THIS SITE RUN ON THE PRINCIPLES OF DEMOCRACY OR DICTATORSHIP? LOCKING POST'S! DICTATORSHIP! RESPECT!

leonard1one

This is the Judge Jules Archive, set up to archive everything that is and was Judge Jules, you may have experienced the original JJ net forum which in it's hay day was fab but unfortunately became very un JJ and dance music related, and plummetted into a cave of hate. With no moderation, and people going over and over the same old arguments day in day out and eventually it died. The people who run this site do not want it to go the same way as the old one, and if that means locking a few threads and sometimes deleting them too, then so be it.

It is slightly frustrating for anyone with more to say on a matter, I have been there, but I love this site and have gained so much from it, if it's management see fit to control us a little, then so be it, coz if we don't like it, we can always just f*** off. Basically.

Generally threads only get locked on here when the posts become so repetitive of the initial ones, and nothing is getting resolved. :confused:

You seem like you are out to cause trouble at the moment, why is that?

This is the Judge Jules Archive, set up to archive everything that is and was Judge Jules, you may have experienced the original JJ net forum which in it's hay day was fab but unfortunately became very un JJ and dance music related, and plummetted into a cave of hate. With no moderation, and people going over and over the same old arguments day in day out and eventually it died. The people who run this site do not want it to go the same way as the old one, and if that means locking a few threads and sometimes deleting them too, then so be it.

It is slightly frustrating for anyone with more to say on a matter, I have been there, but I love this site and have gained so much from it, if it's management see fit to control us a little, then so be it, coz if we don't like it, we can always just f*** off. Basically.

Generally threads only get locked on here when the posts become so repetitive of the initial ones, and nothing is getting resolved. :confused:

You seem like you are out to cause trouble at the moment, why is that?

Couldn't have put it better myself. I come on here for the friendly banter, amazing knowledge and love of dance music and to share old memories and audio from a true legend of the decks Judge Jules. I'm sorry but I get bored very quickly of reading threads which turn into long arguements. On the other hand a good debate is always welcome and people can of course have independent opinions but everyone needs to know when to stop sometimes as well before things get really tedious and repetitive.

Why do you feel the need to try & envoke some sort of confrontation within threads & also why type the thread title in CAPS?

As has been previously mentioned a polite private message to an admin or Neuro himself would suffice & almost certainly result in a better response than mouthing off on a public forum.

This site has been very democratic since it's inception due to all members posting in an affable & open manner & with no outward ambitions to instigate conflict.

Sir, the option to lock a thread is nothing new. It is not dictatorial in essence nor does its use intend to be; on the contrary, it keeps forums all over the Internet from having those long, spiralling arguments and unneccessary confrontations which spoil a great deal of community messageboards - much like Jules's official board back in the day. One of the main reasons I frequent this one more than all the others is because of the great, friendly members on here and the fantastic archive of audio that is contributed! I download nearly everybody's mixes across a range of genres.

Leonard sir, you have much great passion - so should you not direct this positively towards the music we all love and respect, rather than negatively at a community you have only just joined and who, in addition, appear to have been nothing but welcoming and helpful and have done you no intentional harm?

Just my two cents. B)

Peace (I feel a picture to illustrate this is now necessary)

_46005849_rainbow.jpg

Jesus mate, will you relax. Bottom line is, the people who run this site can do whatever they please. Whether we like it or not.

I've never seen anyone have any trouble on this site whatsoever. I think you're getting very confused about things and getting wound up over nothing. As someone else said, if you're not happy about something,contact the admins or p.m. No need for all the threads.

Please realise that there is no agenda, and we're all very happy with the way this site is run. Hopefully you'll enjoy the site as much as the rest of us then.

• Like 2

This is beyond a joke now, JJA has been a happy place 95% of the time, until you came along.

What is with the extreme paranoia? What is it with the confrontational attitude of yours? What is it with posting comments on my profile checking to see if I am managing you? Which I am not. What is it with posting the same on Neuro's profile? He isn't "managing" you either :S

Please for god sake lighten up man, and stop being so bloody paranoid!

This is ridiculous, stop filling our board with absolute shit and stop trying to cause trouble, it stops now. JJA is a family, and all I am seeing here is someone trying to disrupt things. This isn't the Judge Jules Official forum you know, thank god.

• Like 1

After having read leonard1's recent threads through, I have to make a quick comment regarding this whole talk about "managing" and the "Manage your ignored users" feature.

Anyone on this board should be able to use the "Manage your ignored users" feature without being held for questioning as to why they choose to use it, especially not the admin and founder of this lovely website, Mr. Neuro.

As to the locking of the other thread, Neuro told you in a friendly tone that if you had any problems regarding any of the users, you should take it up with them by a Private Message, and if you needed help from the staff, you were welcome to contact the moderator team.

This is the internet, and free speech is a fact, yes. Even so, when visiting a privately created corner of the internet, as this website, some rules does apply. We rarely have to enforce them, since most incidents are misunderstandings or drunk people writing bollocks in the early morning, which can be forgiven.

Judgejulesarchive.co.uk is, as made clear in the other threads, a very friendly messageboard constisting of diverse users from around the world, all unified by the love for the music that Judge Jules brought and still bring upon us week after week.

We welcome new users every day into our community, but naturally we watch out for anyone stirring up trouble.

If the rest of the board are with me, I think we should give Leonard the benefit of the doubt, wipe the slate clean and start over by saying; Welcome to the board!

• Like 1

Hey. Listen up man. I'm not paranoid. It's not my intention to upset anyone or give out any bad vibes. That's not who I am! I haven't made that many post's. It would take no time to check them out and see whether I was here to cause trouble! Which I'm not. You come down on me because you thought I was being arsey towards Chrissie. Fair enough - I've said that I have respect for you for standing up for Chrissie. Though why did you make a judgement on me that I was being arsey towards Chrissie? Why the f*** would I have any problem with Chrissie? I've said it before - I can see from her photograph that she's a lovely Lady! If you'd bothered to check any of my previous post's - and there aren't that many of them - you would have seen that I had never disrespected anybody! My problem with neuro? He appeared and disappeared on my friends list. I left a comment on his profile asking why - check it out! The comment would not post! Though I see that they've posted now! I left a comment on your profile - bit of a friendly bit of banter. It's not there. Why? Check out the first comment I left on neuro's profile. If neuro has had a problem with anything I've said and decided to remove me from his friends list, that's fair enough. That's totally his right. I have respect for you because you step up to the mark and say what you think it is. I would have had respect for neuro if he'd stepped up to the mark and told me what his problem was with me and why he was appearing and disappearing on my friends list - and why comment's I posted on his profile were not being posted. This could be a misunderstanding! But you and neuro know much more about this site than I do! - and nobody has made any effort to clue me in on any particular ways this site is run. I don't disrespect anybody unless they disrespect me! You talk - but do you listen? Neuro? He doesn't really seem to bother to talk. We've had a bit of conflict - because I wasn't clear enough about what I meant in 1 of my post's - I'm not perfect - and you jumped to the wrong conclusion. But you have the balls to talk man to man about it. So I respect you for that. Neuro? He doesn't talk man to man - at least he hasn't to me! So I cannot have respect for that!

After having read leonard1's recent threads through, I have to make a quick comment regarding this whole talk about "managing" and the "Manage your ignored users" feature.

Anyone on this board should be able to use the "Manage your ignored users" feature without being held for questioning as to why they choose to use it, especially not the admin and founder of this lovely website, Mr. Neuro.

As to the locking of the other thread, Neuro told you in a friendly tone that if you had any problems regarding any of the users, you should take it up with them by a Private Message, and if you needed help from the staff, you were welcome to contact the moderator team.

This is the internet, and free speech is a fact, yes. Even so, when visiting a privately created corner of the internet, as this website, some rules does apply. We rarely have to enforce them, since most incidents are misunderstandings or drunk people writing bollocks in the early morning, which can be forgiven.

Judgejulesarchive.co.uk is, as made clear in the other threads, a very friendly messageboard constisting of diverse users from around the world, all unified by the love for the music that Judge Jules brought and still bring upon us week after week.

We welcome new users every day into our community, but naturally we watch out for anyone stirring up trouble.

If the rest of the board are with me, I think we should give Leonard the benefit of the doubt, wipe the slate clean and start over by saying; Welcome to the board!

FuzzY_LogiC. Maximum Respect! You are the first person to talk to me about this in a reasonable and open manner! It does not surprise me that it is you who is the one to do this! I get you're vibe! I think you get my vibe to! To hurt or upset anybody? That was never my intention! That is never my intention! Check out all my posts - there aren't that many! I'm the new kid on the block! Sometimes I speak from the heart! Sometimes I speak in jest. I sort of knew in my heart that FuzzY_LogiC would be true!

Neuro? He doesn't talk man to man - at least he hasn't to me! So I cannot have respect for that!

Please give him a break... I know for a fact that he is extremely busy and I'll any day repeat what Simcut wrote in one of your other threads... that Neuro is one of the nicest persons I have met. Period.

This all sounds like a huge misunderstanding and I'm sorry to say that you have blown this completely out of proportions with your misinterpretation of Neuro's action; (adding and removing you as a friend to his profile without giving an explanation).

FuzzY_LogiC. Maximum Respect! You are the first person to talk to me about this in a reasonable and open manner! It does not surprise me that it is you who is the one to do this! I get you're vibe! I think you get my vibe to! To hurt or upset anybody? That was never my intention! That is never my intention! Check out all my posts - there aren't that many! I'm the new kid on the block! Sometimes I speak from the heart! Sometimes I speak in jest. I sort of knew in my heart that FuzzY_LogiC would be true!

You are right, you haven't posted that many posts, but the majority of your posts have started with CAPS (which isn't propor netiquette) or have included misleading messages (which is eg. why Simcut stepped up and defended Number2fan and Chrissie in the first place).

Few posts of that caliber so early after you joined the board sends the wrong message, and it makes you center of negative attention from day 1 which I personally don't think was your intention at all.

I did read your posts and your PM's and I can see it is the music that drives you, and that you speak very directly and sometimes maybe a bit too fast from your heart.

So yeah, I get your vibe on the music part, but dude! You have to take a breather, kick back and relax a little if you want to gain the respect we all mutually seek. Speaking from the heart is fine, but before pressing the "post" or "Add reply" button, take a step back and look at your text... first draft is for your eyes only! You can always improve your message by editing, deleting or adding something, and most of the time... it'll mean that your reply or post will be more thought-through and better received by the reader.

Just a friendly piece of advice that I once got from someone much wiser than me.

Hey. Listen up man. I'm not paranoid.

It's not my intention to upset anyone or give out any bad vibes. That's not who I am! I haven't made that many post's. It would take no time to check them out and see whether I was here to cause trouble! Which I'm not. You come down on me because you thought I was being arsey towards Chrissie. Fair enough - I've said that I have respect for you for standing up for Chrissie. Though why did you make a judgement on me that I was being arsey towards Chrissie? Why the f*** would I have any problem with Chrissie? I've said it before - I can see from her photograph that she's a lovely Lady! If you'd bothered to check any of my previous post's - and there aren't that many of them - you would have seen that I had never disrespected anybody! My problem with neuro? He appeared and disappeared on my friends list. I left a comment on his profile asking why - check it out! The comment would not post! Though I see that they've posted now! I left a comment on your profile - bit of a friendly bit of banter. It's not there. Why? Check out the first comment I left on neuro's profile. If neuro has had a problem with anything I've said and decided to remove me from his friends list, that's fair enough. That's totally his right. I have respect for you because you step up to the mark and say what you think it is. I would have had respect for neuro if he'd stepped up to the mark and told me what his problem was with me and why he was appearing and disappearing on my friends list - and why comment's I posted on his profile were not being posted. This could be a misunderstanding! But you and neuro know much more about this site than I do! - and nobody has made any effort to clue me in on any particular ways this site is run. I don't disrespect anybody unless they disrespect me! You talk - but do you listen? Neuro? He doesn't really seem to bother to talk. We've had a bit of conflict - because I wasn't clear enough about what I meant in 1 of my post's - I'm not perfect - and you jumped to the wrong conclusion. But you have the balls to talk man to man about it. So I respect you for that. Neuro? He doesn't talk man to man - at least he hasn't to me! So I cannot have respect for that!

icon_lol.gif

I really hope you are just

man-fishing-near-poznan.jpg

and not actually chemically inbalanced.

Hey leonard1one how are you? I am the chief board designer so if you have any issues deal with me

Hahaha chief perhaps, but certainly not board designer me ol' lassie! :pirate:

Only kidding squiress, good to see you back on these shores.