Require your help, African themed tracks.....

Simcut

Hey all :)

I'm working (as part of a team of people) on a patch for a football game (Pro Evolution Soccer) and we are doing a World Cup Edition of it, and wondered if you could help!

For the World Cup Edition we're going to change the soundtrack to something more suitable for the World Cup.

Can you think of any suitable songs for it?

List we've got so far is:-

Dario G - Carnaval de Paris

K'naan - Wavin' Flag

Vangelis - Anthem

Florence & The Machine - Drumming Song

Akon - Oh, Africa

Toto - Africa

Echobeatz - Africa 2000

Bellini - Samba De Janeiro

Kaoma - Lambada

Mystic - Ritmo De La Noche

Cape 4 - Africa (Dark Moon Remix)

Arriva - African Soul Anthem (Atlantis ITA Remix)

Espirito - Canto de Orfeo

The Goodmen - Give It Up

Mauro Picotto - Evribadi (Fonzerelli Mix)

Ronaldo's Revenge - Mas Que Mancada

Do you guys have any more suggestions?

They have to be Africa related or Football related. The shorter the song the better, and with less of an intro if possible.

Doesn't matter if it's Dance or not, though needs to be more Housey kind of thing if it's Dance.

Hope you can come up with some ideas :)

Cheers!

Edited by Simcut

Tomaz vs Filterheadz 'Sunshine'

Oliver Lieb pres Snakeman 'Arika'

Chemical Brothers 'It Began In Africa'

Filthy Rich 'Carnivale'

Possibles, not sure whether they are what you're after

Cheers Tom, well, anything that's either Africa or Football related that would be suitable for a wider audience. Also need to not have a big intro and not be too long in track length.

Edited by Simcut

Hey all :)

I'm working (as part of a team of people) on a patch for a football game (Pro Evolution Soccer) and we are doing a World Cup Edition of it, and wondered if you could help!

For the World Cup Edition we're going to change the soundtrack to something more suitable for the World Cup.

I have to say the Pro Evo guys really messed up what was the best football game out there for many years running.

I'm not sure what they did, but they changed the game engine after PES6 and I really didn't enjoy it anymore. FIFA all the way! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Love the 360 big time. Though have never been able to get into soccer games on consoles. Used to play a lot of football, and loved it. So never seemed right playing it on a console. But you're engaged in something very interesting. Have a suggestion. Might not be what you're looking for. But might be worth checking out. Not a track, but a CD. Though some very good tracks on it. The Drummers of Burindi. Totally African, and hypnotic pounding beats. Give it a listen. It's very good in it's own right, even if it's not the right vibe for what you're doing. Though I think you could maybe find a track or two that has a place.