Radio 1 tracklistings tonight 12/11

Wakey

If you think about it, the reason they've done it is to "help" people buy the tunes, but if you check for instance

Missy Elliot - '4 My People' (Atlantic)

then you're not gonna get anywhere with going to Atlantic or Missy Elliot's website are you really, let's face it. And it's a remix as well or a even a bootleg, which means you're forcing the visitor to go round in circles searching for a track - not good web strategy in my opinion.

I'd like to think the BBC is under a bit of pressure for providing useful info - our new Links page will have all the best places online to buy and download vinyl/mp3s as is stated, and we have the most accurate tracklistings, plus a messageboard for discussing anything like the bootlegs Jules frequently plays. This site has so frequent visitors looking for every week's tracklisting and without sounding too confident I am certain our presence has forced this, when you compare the classic 1997-2001 days when they couldn't give a f*** whether a TL was published or not. :smirk:

Neuro your reply to this should be to match them. Upload that Links page now and go overboard with the hyperlink info on each entry too. We know they're watching this site, they always have done, hence their 'imaginative' title of "Tracklistings Archive" when they too decided to archive dance tracklistings a year after this site's entry on the web in 2001. biggrin.gif

KR

Sounds like we're in competition :? :? I wouldn't give it the time of day tbh. Everyone knows where to get the best and most accurate ifno. 8-)

TL's are quicker posted here, sometimes they never appear on the beeb's site and with the knowledge on this board, it way outstrips what the beeb has to offer. We contribute because its our 'hobby' and not because its our job.

If you ask me, it all looks a bit messy.

I guess they won't copy & paste:

White Stripes - 'Doorbell' [Dexter Punk Remix] (XL)

Dennis The Menace & Jerry Ropero - 'Time To Turn Around' [JS Remix] (Lowered Recordings)

Teamsters - 'Feels Like Love' [Morjac Mix] ( Montana Entertainment)

Funky Tried & Tested

Hi Tack - 'Say Say Say (Waiting 4 U)' (Superstar Germany)

Sugar City - 'Get 2 Gether' (White Label)

Unknown - 'Stars On 45' (White)

Angie Brown - 'New Love' [Trophy Twins Mix] (Adhesive)

Kate Bush - 'King Of The Mountain' [unknown Remix] (White)

Voodoo & Serano feat. MarcAurel - 'Don't You Know' (Tipsy Tunes Germany) TIT001

Searchers - 'My Life' (White)

Ferry Corsten - 'Fire' [Flashover Mix] (Positiva)

Bangin' Tried & Tested

Above & Beyond - 'Alone Tonight' (Anjunabeats)

DJ Elof Pres. E Love - 'Vrantique' [Remix] (Bonzai Germany)

Bootex 7 - 'Chase The Sun' (White)

Pervading Call - '2 On My Mind' (White)

Signalrunners - 'Corrupted' (White)

Peetu S - 'The Battle ' (White)

The Saturday Night Mix

Aha - 'Celice' [Paul Van Dyk Remix] ( Zeitgeist Germany )

Randy Katana Vs DJ Sammy - 'Libby' (Super M Germany )

Unknown Title - 'Smuggling On Flight 243' (White)

Lume - 'Lume' [Adam Sheridan Mix] (Monster)

Vallo K - 'Club Sensation Anthem 2005 (White)

Public Domain - 'Acid Animal' (Incentive)

BTW, does 'Bangin' Tried & Tested' sound a bit cheesy :? Maybe a funky and a trance T&T would have been better :?:

If you ask me, it all looks a bit messy.

I guess they won't copy & paste

I thought it looked messy too and very unprofessional.

BTW I'm still not too keen on A&B "Alone tonight" its lacking something.

yeah definitely with you on the fact it looked messy

• 5 years later...

hah, six years after I finally hear this from tape and must say that the 'Smuggling On Flight 643' bootleg is awesome! really good put together..

@Louk: if you're still around, can you provide a bit of more info on this mate? I doubt Tiesto is going to sue anyone so many years after ;)

hah, six years after I finally hear this from tape and must say that the 'Smuggling On Flight 643' bootleg is awesome! really good put together..

@Louk: if you're still around, can you provide a bit of more info on this mate? I doubt Tiesto is going to sue anyone so many years after ;)

From memory I believe the artist of that bootleg was.......

Peetu S