Tremor - 'For The Archives' Mix

http://soundcloud.com/nathantremeer/for-the-archives

Hi guys,

I've recently copied a load of tracklistings over to the New Tracklistings Archive here on the board and basically covered the first 6 months or so of the year 2000. This is one of my favourite periods for tunes and as such I was inspired to dig deep into the depths of the vinyl collection to put this together. I hope it brings back some good memories. It's all stuff Jules was hammering in that very short time frame and I've slightly cheesily but aptly named the mix - 'For The Archives.'

For The Archives::

01. Singles & Angles - 'Submerge' (Trance Mix) [Good:As]
02. Ariel - 'A9' [Automatic]
03. Lisa Pin Up - 'Future Acid House' (Flickman Remix) [Nukleuz]
04. Perpetual Motion - 'Rompa Stompa' (Shadow Remix) [Radar]
05. Goldenscan - 'Sunrise' [VC Recordings]
06. SuReal - 'You Take My Breath Away' (Lange Instrumental Remix) [Cream]
07. Kayestone - 'Atmosphere' (Kayestone Re-Con Mix) [Distinct'ive]
08. Eufex - 'Junkie Monkey' [Arriba]
09. The Pitcher - 'Dropshot' [Nukleuz]
10. Racoon - 'From The Deep 2000' (Green Court RMX) [Drizzly]
11. Mo-Dem - 'Contact (We Gotta Connect)' (Long Mix) [Clockwork]
12. Megamind - 'Taub' (Picotto Mix) (Noise Maker Volume Five) [Nukleuz]
13. Ricky Effe - 'Sector .30' (Sector Mix) (Noise Maker Volume Four) [Nukleuz]
14. Taiko - 'Die Bletchtrommel' [Good:As]
15. Franchino - '999' [Nukleuz]
16. DJ Tomcraft vs. Sunbeam - 'Versus' [Kontour]
17. Florian F - 'Surreal Brazil' [PRG UK]
18. Lava - 'Autumn' (Megamind Mix) [Nukleuz]
19. Oliver Klein - 'Reinkraft' [Maelstrom]
20. Smudge & Smith - 'Near Me' (Translucid Club Mix 1) [iNCredible]
21. Push - 'Til We Meet Again' [inferno]
22. Cosmo Kid - 'Cosmic Meltdown' [bonzai]

First of all thanks for your help with the Tracklists mate much appreciated.

Secondly, that mix looks orgasmic, can't wait to check it out! Thanks dude :)

Ditto!

Absolutely quality - I will downloading this too - love checking out these types of mixes and looks like a great 2 hr set for the iPod car journeys :)

20. Smudge & Smith - 'Near Me' (Translucid Club Mix 1) [iNCredible]

I should also mention that that track used to be a bugger to get hold of. There were loads of rubbish remixes on about 3 vinyls which I trawled through back in the day before I finally happened upon the Lucid mix... :rolleyes:

Cheers Neuro. Yeah I remember I couldn't find any copies at all of the Smudge & Smith track when I first heard it so I presume it took a while to come out. I first grabbed a copy of it a couple of years later by which time I had worked out which mix I needed but I think I forked out £15 for it. These days copies are more easily found again thanks to Discogs. There are loads of releases of this on INCredible and the INCtraxx imprint all slightly differing in terms of which versions are on them.

It's weird that 10 years on its now far easier to pick up vinyls from this era as so many people are selling off their collections. You can grab many of them for a couple of quid when goodness knows how much was paid in the first place for them and how hard these people must have tried to track them down at the time.

Quadrant - there are many variations of the Translucid mix and I can't really work out the difference. On the particular vinyl I used for this mix the remix is listed as: Translucid Club Mix 1. I also have another copy of the tune where it is called: Translucid Bass Break Mix. I can't find any difference in these 2 variations personally so it may just have been that they kept changing the name on different releases. I guess they must have done some that were actually different though to have called it that. Tis a mystery to me.

Loads of great old tracks I had forgotten about in there.

Very enjoyable mix and reminds me of Jules that whole decade ago! :o^_^

Absolutely second this entirely - perfect description for exactly my reflections upon listening to this awesome mix.

Really really did take me back and what I liked most about this, it felt like a really thought out and well structured set.

A mix to be proud of and this reminds me of the feelings / inspiration I had for a few of my classic mixes over the years ;)

Again, great mixing, one or two nice touches with a cut or two and record spin back (liked that) and great tune selection. My only preference is the Vocal version of Lange's Sureal remix, I'm not typically a huge vox fan, but there are one or two tracks that I prefer them over the instrumental and for me this was one - just yells 2000 to me :)