30 minute UK Garage mix!

Something different for the JJA possee's and massives. Dont know if you lot like it or not, but i do love a bit of UK Garage. It's great fun to cut, chop and blend aswell. Here's a lil' 30 minute mix for y'all. I did it in one go and its mixed straight off vinyl...no Serato, no cd's. I forgot how reliant i am on time remaining, and waveforms!

https://soundcloud.com/budders/uk-garage-mix-mixed-by-buddaz

Moonman sir, you surprised me - I absolutely loved this, it evoked all sorts of 90s memories for me. Thank you.

Please post up a tracklisting and you shall be knighted! ^_^ Recognized Kristine Blonde in there of course!

Thank you sir...

1. Gabrielle "Sunshine" (Wookie Remix) [GO Beat! 1999]

2. Y Tribe "Joyrider" (Artful Dodger 2k Mix) [VC Recs 2000]

3. Doolally "Straight From The Heart" (Original Mix) [XL Recs 1999]

4. Kristine Blond "Loveshy" (Club Asylum Mix) [Relentless 2000]

5. Christian Falk feat. Demetrius "Make It Right" (Tru Faith Remix) [London Recs 2000]

6. Danny J Lewis "Spend The Night" (H-Mans Groove) [XL Recs 1998]

7. Artful Dodger feat. Romina Johnson "Movin' Too Fast" [Original 12" Mix) [XL Recs 1999]

My tunes arent stored in anyway, i have more UK Garage but could only find these ones in a short space of time. Its great fun to mix though :)

I'm not a follower of the UK Garage scene but I would love to hear more of this if you can dig them out.

Does this kind of stuff exist still? Seems like 1999 was THE year for electronic music in my opinion! ^_^

Sir Moonman duly knighted

Loved UK Garage, much thanks to the Dreem Team christmas day 1998 essential mix, one tune that I loved and by chance picked up cheap while on holiday in er..Torquay area a year later was Keith Sweat-I want Her (Dubaholics Dub) (classic 4 floor heaven!)

I also remember going into woolies the monday morning All Saints-Bootie Call came out and bought both cd's and the tape for this amazing UK Garage remix Pete Tong had been playing, I was left as it werent on them! cue week later inmy local 12" emporium, lo and behold the version was on 12"! the Club Asylum Boogie Punk Dub! so I bought all 4 formats just for this one version :lol: Mustve spent like 12 quid in the end!

I remember flogging Sweet Fa-Flowers promo 12" for a fiver on ebay as I wasn't too keen on it anymore, I also had Plan B-Preach, more fire crew-Oi!, even the doolally mixes of Kavana on promo, and a few others I got rid of, I do have the stuff I still love though.

Now it seems its called UKG well according to 1XTRA, nice to see MJ Cole is doing what hes been doing for years, the same classic 4 floor sound

I own all but Joyride, which I am not familiar with!, top mix man! btw Spend The Night I love so much I edited the H Man mix to taste lol

Expect a reponse mix from me soon ;)

I skimmed through this. I do like the "spend the night" tune - had forgotten all about that. I was more into the speed garage stuff around 97/98 to be honest. I bought a few tunes around 99/2000 of the more vocally UK garage but I'm afraid I've really gone off it. I agree it was fun to mix - lends itself nicely to cutting up etc. I personally won't be rushing to dig the small amount of tunes I do have out to do a mix though. Maybe I'll do you all a happy hardcore mix instead as my alternative to the usual trance I put out.

I was going to ban you for doing a UK Garage Mix and POSTING IT HERE, until I saw this:-

6. Danny J Lewis "Spend The Night" (H-Mans Groove) [XL Recs 1998]

You are now saved ;) I love that tune!

btw, was just kidding about the banning bit ;)

You should send this to Kiss 100 btw :P

Edited by Simcut

• 5 weeks later...