Really p*ssed off

Tim451

I've been buying a load of classics lately (Olive - You're Not Alone 2000 (DJ Mishka Remix) - the one that jules caned back in 2000, Rejected EP, etc) and while browsing discogs I found a white label test press of Transa - Supernova / Transtar. It was the only one for sale and nobody was listed as owning a copy so my love of rare vinyl kicked in and I bought it. It arrived this morning in a flimsy record mailer without so much as a cardboard stiffener which worried me and upon opening it my fears were confirmed when I found it to be in about 3 pieces. It's really p*ssed all over my good mood. Does anyone know of anywhere that can restore a record like this? I've contacted the seller but in the meantime I've been scouring the web for another copy but so far can't find anything. The thing that makes it more annoying is that it was advertised as in near mint condition but aside from the damage from transit (obviously no one thought to read the "DO NOT BEND" that had been written all over it) it looks completely unplayed to me. On the plus side I have also just taken delivery of F1 - U Sucker! and Eufex - One On One / Junkie Monkey.

Mate that sucks. I'd be well pissed off too if it happened to me. I'm afraid I don't know of anything you can do with a record which is actually broken into pieces. I hope you manage to find another copy.

Looking at the rest of your post - I've wanted to know the remix of Olive Jules was playing in 2000 for years! Need to update that ID into the board tracklist archive because on those tracklists it still says Unknown remix White Label. I also recently purchased Eufex - Junkie Monkey..... what a tune... I love how Jules used to delve into hard house and slow it down a bit, or house and speed it up a bit... anything he could make fit into a set he would and it didn't have to be a particular genre.

I had a reply from the seller apologising and he's offered me the choice of any other record from his stock as a goodwill gesture. Also, with regards to Olive - You're Not Alone 2000 (DJ Mishka Remixes) it turns out that seller (different one) actually had a different record from 2007 with the same catalogue number & so cancelled the sale for me. Thankfully he sent me an mp3 link to make sure it was the one I was after and I spotted the mistake. It's really not my day today lol.

In the coming days I'll be taking delivery of (hopefully in one piece):

Perpetual Motion - Rompa Stompa (Wax)

Club Robbers - Search For The Ball (Le Club)

Soulsearcher vs. Apollo 440 - Rejected EP (White Label)

DJ Elite - That Fuct Camera (White Label)

Tim I think you have very similar tastes to me. I have recently bought quite a few of the same tracks you are buying. That for me was the best era for tunes.. all about 2000. Club robbers - search for the ball can be got as MP3 tho so I decided to go that route with that track. Got Rompa Stompa and rejected EP earlier this year though.

This is definitely the seller's fault - I would give him both barrels on this one because it' totally irresponsible not to protect the item you're posting.

:angry:

I completely agree but he seems like a nice guy so I took him up on the offer of another record from his stock & went for Da Hool - Eichelruck (Thunder Club Mix / MG Remix 1). I just can't believe the record was broken because it was the only one for sale anywhere that I could find & I would have been listed as the only member of Discogs to own it (takes me back to when I used to spend hours in record shops to find just one rare gem that I knew hardly anyone else had).

Tim I think you have very similar tastes to me. I have recently bought quite a few of the same tracks you are buying. That for me was the best era for tunes.. all about 2000. Club robbers - search for the ball can be got as MP3 tho so I decided to go that route with that track. Got Rompa Stompa and rejected EP earlier this year though.

I found MP3 copies of it (I think Trackitdown had it) but they were all 192k so I decided to go for the vinyl. I never really bought any vinyl until about 2002 when I first got a pair of decks & I had to rely on pocket money when I did (I was 13 in 2002 & there was no way in hell I was doing a paper round lol). I've been busy over the past year or two filling in the many gaps in my collection. For me 1999 - 2001 are the pinnacle of trance and hard house was actually good; not to mention the obscure crossover tracks that Jules used to drop.

Cool mate. I started buying in 2000 but didn't really know where to get the rare promos and imports so a fair amount of tunes back then I really wanted but couldn't get hold of and now they are all available on Discogs pretty much.. it's awesome. I got John Jornick - 'Wecko' the other day - you might recognise it if you ever heard the live show from Karanga @ Creation in Bristol. Been looking for that tune for years!

Cool mate. I started buying in 2000 but didn't really know where to get the rare promos and imports so a fair amount of tunes back then I really wanted but couldn't get hold of and now they are all available on Discogs pretty much.. it's awesome. I got John Jornick - 'Wecko' the other day - you might recognise it if you ever heard the live show from Karanga @ Creation in Bristol. Been looking for that tune for years!

Fantastic track! Was listening to that set in the car earlier actually.

OH MY GOD!!!

I actually would have burst into tears... whatever record it was... For goodness sake, some people have no idea!! :thumbsdown:

I actually almost did lol. Nothing puts a lump in the throat & a tear in the eye like a broken limited edition test press :(

• 2 weeks later...

That twat should not be a seller! I hope you made your feelings known that a "FRAGILE" writing on the front of the parcel and a bit of cardboard is needed, otherwise the very same could happen to the Da Hool vinyl you are getting as a replacement, either that or it will get bent in the post and end up bowl shaped.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 6:42 PM, Jon Doe said:

Amazing- just googling the incorrect Mishka remix- its by me- Jon Doe! Thats why you cant find it.  It was so sad that it broke into three parts! 

Hah! You must be proud - you created a mystery that couldn't be Googled and lasted for 20 years! You've made some Judge Jules completists very happy.
Jules played a few of your tunes about that time, didn't he?