A Record I MUST have!!!

For 16 years I have been searching for this record, Ellis Dee used to play it in 1994. I had it on a Dance Planet mix tape too. Which I eventually found this year on Youtube, but the mug had cut this tune out of it.

Over the years it has been remixed/remade in many a shit form, but I had to have this one. If you know the tunes, you'll know why.

I actually emailed Ellis Dee the other day, and today he sent me this... :thumbsup:

(it was played a bit faster at the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8LKkb_zVI&feature=player_embedded

But I can't find an exact match on Discogs, the closest I get is the page below, and at those kinda prices I'm wary to buy a mint one.

However, I do want this tune so so badly, to me £50 for the right one, would be AWESOME!!! I'd think it over, but I'd really wanna buy it!!

It is too expensive really though.

Corrected first discogs link!!

Had to share this with people that might understand :)

I'd also like to say, Ellis Dee is obviously one of the nicer and more helpful record loving DJ's, something that's becoming rarer and rarer these days!!

Anyway, your thoughts on my quandry??

Oh wow what a tune!

Love this track. I'm not great with names of Oldskool tunes so had no idea what this was til I pressed play but I definitely know this well as a track. Im pretty convinced my mate has this record. I will give him a shout and get him to confirm that its the right release if you like.

hehe yeah no worries. My mate has so much Oldskool its ridiculous and many of them have cost him a good 50 quid a go. He insists on getting original pressings and he's only 25 so the tunes were first out when he was 10 or less so fair play to him. I'll see what I can find out.

Thanx tremor.

EDIT* As soon as I put the link on it comes up as the video, so I'll pop it up in brackets see if that works.

EDIT* That didn't work either, just put the usual www.youtube.com and then put /watch?v=JE8LKkb_zVI

DOH! Just FB'd you it!

aha... if you look who's selling this vinyl.. the 2nd link that is. the first seller, Poison7_3 is in fact the mate of mine I was talking about so he does have it! Will speak to him soon and try and work out if that's the right track.

How funny, I was gonna say ask your mate if he'd sell, but when you spoke about him, he didn't seem the 'selling' type. LOL :mellow:

His copy is only £9.99 ?? :confused: I bet he's selling it coz it aint the right one. :rolleyes:

Ooh ooh find out!! I reckon it's probably the other Discogs page I'm after, don't you? The end of the beginning EP!

R-41385-1239722175.jpeg

Well it could be the other one because the youtube clip says Blow Out Part 2 and the first release you posted has Blowout 2 on it.... I reckon its that but not heard back from him yet. I must admit he doesn't usually sell much oldskool, he collects it so it is possible the one he has is not the one.... thats not to say he doesn't have the right one as well somewhere.

By the way my mate does have the vinyl for your updated link in your first post here, the 4 track EP with Blow Out on it. That is Blow out part 1 and is not the version you want. It's Blow Out part 2 that you want. He did say that EP is also amazing though, all 4 tracks on it are really good but it's not the one you want.

Goodness gracious me this takes me back. Hope you find this record Number 2 fan! :)

On a side note... I wonder where all those people are now - both who made these tunes and those who raved. Respect to those.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you beleive the person on Discogs selling this for the best price, is the person who supposedly sent me NRG - I need your lovin, which I never received. :rolleyes:

Ergh! :confused:

they did refund me, but I have to email them regarding whether or not this is the release I am after and now I feel a mug!!

AND I still want the other record!

• 2 months later...