Mr Tristan D

Number2Fan

with you ;)

As I see you as a much bigger fan of Jules than I am, I think it was a funny statement, thats all :)

and yes, I guess I'm still a fan (of the "old" Jules, which we so hard is trying to preserve here )... like with MJ... even though his newest tracks turned weird and he became even more so, I am still considering myself a fan... and I still love the man he used to be and the music he used to make.

Some really good points in this thread sirs. However, I just think of one thing:

Jules, regardless of external influences over the years, has sparked an incredible and gloriously colourful musical journey for myself and thousands of others for those fantastic tracks in days gone by. It allowed me to explore all sorts of musical avenues - hell, I'm still after half the stuff he used to play. That's what I will always remember him for.

And the fact we have an archive here on the web with all the audio from the good old days is testament to that. Long live the Judge of old -_-

• Like 1

Some really good points in this thread sirs. However, I just think of one thing:

Jules, regardless of external influences over the years, has sparked an incredible and gloriously colourful musical journey for myself and thousands of others for those fantastic tracks in days gone by. It allowed me to explore all sorts of musical avenues - hell, I'm still after half the stuff he used to play. That's what I will always remember him for.

And the fact we have an archive here on the web with all the audio from the good old days is testament to that. Long live the Judge of old -_-

hear hear

I hope he pulls it out of the bag for Hallowe'en as I fear I might be saying the same before long. Even then though, I'd never call Jules shit...he's been a fantastic all-rounder (DJ/Producer/Radio DJ/Promoter) and I owe him a massive debt for so many memorable, great nights.

Quadders, we posted pretty much the same comment within 3 minutes of each other, but in different threads....now I'm scared. :blink:

Jules will always be a legend in my eyes. This site is a testament to that. And thank God we'll always (hopefully) have this site to remind us of why we revere him so much.

I've always sort of gave Jules the benifit of the doubt recently, thinking in the back of my mind, maybe it is Radio1 forcing him to play stuff, that frankly, is a pile of shite. But then my friends, have a glance at this video. My heart sank. But it's as No2fan has said all along; he obviously really likes these abominations he plays. It's so clear in this video. Does he not hear what we all hear?

Anyway, I don't like Jules bashing, but I just had to share this. The enthusiasm Jules shows for, frankly in my opinion, absolute muck, makes me wonder, and my faith disappear.

Where did it all go wrong?

I think I defended him for far longer than I should have, it was the Ministry of Sound where he played The Black Eyed Peas mid set in the main room that I finally gave in. (his back room set was wicked) I will never travel to specifically see Jules again. Maybe because I only go out every 6 wks or so, i aint gonna waste the night out I d have on that shit!!! With extra cheesey jingles thrown in!!

If people mention Jules to me now, I'm afraid I do say, "god no he's shit now, I can't understand it" Though my friend did say, that's just the music tho... I know when defending him I've said we all move on, I have moved on, I always will have a place in my heart for Julesy, he's responsible for some of the best nights of my life, and for introducing me to records I don't think I could live without now.

I've been a massive Jules fan for so long, he's actually been a part of my life. That part is gone. I just await his book!!!

Just playing that vid now, didn't know it was BEPs when I started typing lolol

At Global gathering he played Tinie Tempah.... radio edit!! He was mouthing to us, "why not" tbf it did go down well for fun at 4.30pm, sadly tho, I bet he played it at judgements.

Is it just us feeling this tho, we are all old Jules fans, anybody new to the scene, may know a few trance classics, and obviously know his name, but they wont feel that disappointment, they will just hear choons they know mixed with slightly more serious better choons. And that's how we all probably got into Jules in the first place. Each of us with our own specific year for discovering it. :rolleyes:

Pprrft.. I dunno, part of me thinks he isn't that different to before, then I catch a set and think 'f***!! that's so bad'

I remember the Gatecrasher bombscare back in 1998, when Jules was on last and around 5.15, he turned the music off and (very professionally, I must add) asked everyone to quietly and orderly leave the club through the exits. Everyone did exactly as they were told.

Fifteen minutes later after standing in the cold, everyone piled back in for the last half hour and I vividly remember him playing the Vengaboys Up & Down...cheesy as hell, but we all went a bit mad to it...

See, this is why it seems like Tristan D is f****** Jules over. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that mix. The track selection is spot on, no cheese or anything. Jules on the other hand has been playing some absolute shockers.

See, this is why it seems like Tristan D is f****** Jules over. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that mix. The track selection is spot on, no cheese or anything. Jules on the other hand has been playing some absolute shockers.

I agree brother. Its not a bad mix, he even spins Jules new tune (cant remember the name) near the end. He milking Jules to his own advantage I reckon.

That can never be denied. But the aim of my thread was to determine.... Is Tristan f****** Jules over on purpose? And why is Jules letting him?

Do you think Jules' hearing has gone and Tristan is the only thing keeping him working?

Why don't you email and ask him?

I sent an email at the beginning of this week regarding the reason he play those J&T things, asking who tells him they are good?

I did put a little more explanation into it. He probably wont reply, he actually does get upset.

I feel like emailing Tristan more than Jules tho.

It's almost like Tristan sucks up the good promos for himself, and gets Jules play his dregs isn't it? :rubbish:

Tristan wont reply though. It'd have to be in person for an answer. :smirk: