Mr Tristan D

Number2Fan

I sent an email at the beginning of this week regarding the reason he play those J&T things, asking who tells him they are good?

I did put a little more explanation into it. He probably wont reply, he actually does get upset.

I feel like emailing Tristan more than Jules tho.

It's almost like Tristan sucks up the good promos for himself, and gets Jules play his dregs isn't it? :rubbish:

Tristan wont reply though. It'd have to be in person for an answer. :smirk:

In my experience Jules does not reply to emails that are critical.

Tristan is clearly an ambitious guy looking to get a leg up and no doubt Jules is his manager or getting a cut.

In my experience Jules does not reply to emails that are critical.

Tristan is clearly an ambitious guy looking to get a leg up and no doubt Jules is his manager or getting a cut.

No doubt, I checked his myspace page and he seems to be only djing at Judgment Sundays Ibiza on his tour schedule

No doubt, I checked his myspace page and he seems to be only djing at Judgment Sundays Ibiza on his tour schedule

Jules is making a fortune from his Judgement Sundays and Mondays and I think those are fueling his bootleg craze. Anyone I have chatted to that has been has said it is rubbish and from the videos I've seen it looks extremely cheesy and full of young boys. Yet the crowds keep coming and Jules believes he is on to a winner so keeps playing his bootlegs.

its a bit of a tricky one

Tristan i think probably does do an ok job on the filtering sides, and poss is genuine, and probably does send jules decent tunes, where its upto jules to pick the best of the rest out, but ultimately its down to personal taste, and if jules and tristan's is very similar then thats where the issue is.

take for example when in the early days simon Patterson did the filtering job, he obviously has a more banging and uplifting tune taste, so therefor=better tunes.

i doubt jules would play something he didnt like, nor produce them,

so my only assumption is he likes these sometimes tunes and crap booties???

Or he's trying to be a carbon copy of tiesto, as he went a bit cheesey and did similar things.

tristan clearly doesnt do a very good job. already we can all pretty much agree patterson did a quality job filtering out top tunes and consequently the shows proved this. there would only be one or two tunes each show (if any) that werent that great (probably due to the listeners personal taste if anything). now the majority are cringe worthy ... and its all happened since tristan stepped in

• 1 year later...

I have mailed Tristan on a few occasions regarding his tracks (which a couple i really like). Not once have i had a reply from him, which i find very snobbish, when and how did he meet jules and get involved with him musically? I hear he has a big hand on what went on in Jules' Radio 1 shows over the last few years? Also whats this i hear about a Jules book, any release dates known? Would be a awesome read :)

Have been re- reading this thread, and although we now know why Jules had Tristan helping filter promos and planning his radio 1 playlist etc etc, Tristan did f*** him over!! Maybe Jules shoulda laid off the bloody studying, and stuck with doing his own work, he might well have kept his job til he intended on retiring in 5 yrs time.

Not being funny, it's not like he needs the f****** money so much he has to change career, he could retire very comfortably and live off his club nights etc.