Anyone interested in Big Brother?

leonard1one

Ok. I know it might not be cool. But I don't mind being not cool. It is facinating! There's no Dance music. There's not much dancing. But there are some real characters in there! Will anybody admit to watching it?

My teenage daughter watches the early morniing repeats. So I've seen some, and have watched past ones too but frankly I don't like it now. Keep trying to make it interesting bringing extra people in, other people getting to leave early just coz they know they won't win. Wasting someone elses chance. I should be in there.

Then it would be cool!!

The final series' housemates were poorly chosen as they were a few years ago (not last years, that was great). I only missed about 4 series in total though and feel like I've watched the best ones. Will be sorry to see it go when I think of the better years, but reckon it'll be back in some shape or form on another channel anyway.

Very brief post. I have to get ready to go to work soon. Is nobody interested in Psychology? The attempt to understand what makes human beings what we are. Unique! Maybe in this whole infinate Universe. Is nobody interested in group dynamics. Or how a hierarchy in a group forms. How relationships develop and change. How some people become dominant, and others accept that. Is nobody interested in the reasons why people go into the Big Brother house. They all say they are there just for the experience. They are constantly being filmed. Who can maintain the persona they want to project. Are they all sad people wanting to win 100 K or have their 15 minutes of fame - and maybe become minor celebrities for a little while. Have to get ready to go to work. Just one thing. Chewbain. What are you doing with that sheep in the corner. Though it's none of my business. :)

....up the Rams...titter...

(am female-or does that make it worse....lowers the tone....)

Actually I used to like the psychologists analysis on BBLB. I don't know if they do that anymore as I only see Fridays. I have also picked up on group dynamics emphasised in the house out here in the 'real world' which have made me a bit more savvy to a situation preventing me charging in with my size 5's...(yeah- I'm not the sharpest tool in the box).

This year I've not been enthralled by any of the housemates. They've all been overt with speculations, awareness of the camera etc., which shows it's run it's course. Rather disappointing for the last one, but I'm still watching it.

I think my fave hm has to be Slick, jungle cat from 05.

Lord no...no offence. That's the thing with non-verbal communication nuances can be lost. I like a laugh and don't take myself too seriously -hence my avatar, whilst my profile pic shows I'm serious about the music.

Last year I favoured Marcus inspite of his Noreen(can't remember the Irish spelling) fixation. I followed him for a bit on Twitter- but I can't be doing with that-Twitter that is.This year 'cos I identify most with Josie the most (being a "fat mare" who takes the piss out of herself) I favour her the most. I liked Ben 'cos I liked to hear his use of vocabulary, especially when defending himself....loved the 'Thatcher hair' joke.

Be interesting to see who they're bringing back next week! :thumbsup:

Big Brother is awful. I will be glad to see it gone. I hope we will be given some decent TV to watch in place of all the mindless hours of it which fill the channel 4 and E4 schedule during the summers for the last 8 years or whatever its been. However, I'm sure they will just come up with something as bad if not worse. There is so much rubbish on TV these days, it really is poor.

Nay..I watch the main highlight show every night, sometimes a bit of the live feed but by that time it's early hours of the morn. (I work late shift.). I meant I only watch BBLB on friday. Don't watch daytime TV -so Sunday's out and I'm off to work when the weekday show comes on.

And 'the Rams'....you'll get any footie minded member pssng themselves chanting at me "who are ya...who are ya?"! We are Derby County who did make a sneak appearance back into the prem...(the year AFTER I stopped stewarding for them...it's all in the timing -not!) :D

To be honest I have watched it in the past.. Came in about half way through a couple of the series. The thing is it can easily get you hooked for no real reason. I have avoided it for the last few years. I think its definitely got worse (its hard to avoid the occasional episode especially when other family members watch it). Basically I think it is scary how much time it can suck away out of your life when you become hooked on something like this. I have been there and done it now and have no interest in this current series. I think you are right Leonard that some elements of the group dynamics in this type of scenario can be interesting but I dont need to watch the same psycological experiment 10 times... I've followed it for a couple of the early series and that was enough for me. They deliberately put annoying people in the house to see how they will all cope with each other but for me that just makes it annoying to watch as those people get on my nerves.

Who are ya... Who are Ya? No seriously Chewabins, who are ya? Never heard of Derby County. Used to play a lot of football. Watched it for a bit when I was younger. But obviously not as good as being on the field playing, so lost interest. You seem to have been into everything in your younger days, and probably still are! The punk era was before my time. But I.ve seen footage of those days. Certainly no girls who were punks carried handbag's. Plenty of zipps and pockets. Don't think it would have been my thing though. Seemed to be a lot of spitting, and moshing. I like a bit of space when I'm dancing. Don't like being crowded at all. Futurists! Don't know anything about them. Were they the new romantics? Have seen footage of guys with black nail varnish and lipstick, and slightly unusual haircuts :) Goths? Never saw anything of them. Though in the City Centre in a certain area young teenagers gather in groups on certain days, mostly Saturday's. They are mostly Goths. Just there to meet up and socialize. So you've danced through the decades, and been through a few changes of style. Including a Cowboy! Yeha! Move them out! You said you didn't bother with make up touch up, and by the end of the night looked like the Bride of Frankenstein, but you were there to dance not pull. When I go out Clubbing I go out to dance and get high on the music. But I always try to look my best just in case I run into a really beautiful girl. Though if the tunes are good I dance hard. I either end up with my T Shirt drenched in sweat, or soaked down the front. I.ve been told by a few friends, and my Sister, that no girl would ever want to speak to me in that state. But I dance how I dance. Not crazy. But the music has power and energy, so I dance with power and energy. The girls seem to like it, and luckily they don't seem to be bothered by the sweat lashing of me. We haven't talked that much, think you're more into the music aspect of the site. But I think I get your vibe. Is good. You're well up for a laugh and have gone for it in life, and still are. Not working today, thank God. Am tired as hell. To many late night's. Maybe to tired to have much banter in me. Leonard :)

Nah... not 'into everything'. Experienced different scenes as an evolvement with the music through time-not a throw away identity of being something one week then sommert else the next. Many of my contemparies stopped at a certain point ie when they 'settled down'. My life-style choice didn't include that and I ended up clubing late '90's at Progress, Gatecrasher, Passion, the Bomb....So yeah, initially I'm on this site for the music aspect to ID top tunes on my tapes and as it happens being able to download stuff. Great.(have also uploaded stuff awaiting approval)

Stopped listening to Jules 'round '06 so have no idea of the music scene since then.

oh...and yeah - new romanitcs / futurists were virtually the same thing. :)

Edited by Chewbains

I will enjoy watching this last utimate one tho...

:thumbsup:

BRIAN TO WIN!!!! (I expect it'll be Josie tho)

:shifty:

Only picked up with BB from series 3, so don't know the characters of Nick or Brian. As I favoured the 'jungle cats' am not keen on Nadia either. Be interesting to see how Chantelle and Preston get on as there seems to be 'something' between them. Don't think there's enough time for Makosi to get into action....so, I think you're right, it'll probably be Josie...(pmsl if it's John mc!!!)

I saw the ultimate housemates entering and I LOVE BRIAN!!! I also remember telling my sister that Nick was a nasty piece of work after seeing him for the first time, in the first series. I watched the series Nadia won too. Coolio annoyed me on his, and John is making me laugh especially when talking to the tree of temptation.

I do think it's a shame Josie left tho. I reckon she'd have won that, so now I say ...

BRIAN TO WIN (don't let Nasty Nick fool y'all)

You get a reputation btw, from saying something in a post that really helps someone out, and they click on the rep option and you get one. :)

See that you're interested in Sound & Light. Not sure what you're full meaning is there. Interesting. This might well not be what you're referring to. But I do love a really good lighting system, and lasers, and for some reason I do really love strobes. Can be really trippy. For me at least. Though most Clubs limit the use of strobes because they can cause epileptic like fits, especially in younger people, and the majority of Clubber's are 18 - 25. Boring fact for you

Yeah that's pretty much what I mean. When I joined this site I was at University studying "Sound, Light and Live Event Technology" and hence put it in as an interest on my profile. I now work as a production engineer, setting up and engineering live events as either a sound or video engineer usually. I do enjoy a good lighting show particularly in the club scene but I leave that to the lampies to make that look good. I don't have the artistic flare or passion for lighting to actually be a lighting designer or operator. I am much more comfortable behind the sound desk making the gig sound good. Anyway this is a bit off topic but thought I'd point out that you are indeed correct in your interpretation of my interest in sound and light.

woop woop... Slick's back!....wont win ofcourse, think your choice, Number 2 fan will go all the way. Ulrika's playing a crafty game plan -she gave a quick smirk upon Josie's departure then turned on the tears, then all this bollocks of "no show without Josie".

Like the cameo appearences of past HM.