Jules R1 13/08/10

JasonB

Angelic Amanda!!!

Hahahah I remember him posting on massive threads on the old JJ net board way back. When you'd have 15-25 people online at the same time, was brilliant, used to seem quite down to earth with us all, obviously people would be braver posting under aliases etc, he just joined in on it.

In fact he knew me by my username when I saw him out.

And if he spotted people talking shit about him or Amanda would reply accordingly.

Maybe that's why he has Tristan doing most of his work now, he's monging the internet all day!! :whistling:

I doubt it tho.

I think most clubbers get too f***** out of their faces nowadays to care...drop in a quick sample of something they'll recognise over a dirty filthy electro house track (as a lot of stuff - not just Jules' - seems to be these days) and they'll be happy.

I almost agree with this, but if I think back, drugs have been a massive part of this scene since day one, despite many NON drug takers saying it's not all about the drugs, etc, it's NOT all about the drugs, but they do play a large part in it. The drugs these days too, they are shit by comparison, people are drinking a whole lot more now than ever before, and drug users are drinking aswell, something that never used to happen much.

And there's always been records that sample a memorable clip, that will be remembered the next day above all else. Even throughout the rave era!

Urban hype - Trip to Trumpton/NRG - I need your lovin/Hyperlogic - Only me/Smart e's - Sesames treat

I remember us all talking about this one, back in 1994, actually waiting for it to come on the next week!! It's not even very good! It went down exceedingly well at the time tho. :) Like amazingly well!!! :) when the sample finally kicks in! And I still remember the first time we heard it!! :rubbish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anm6JXL9iyI

I almost agree with this, but if I think back, drugs have been a massive part of this scene since day one, despite many NON drug takers saying it's not all about the drugs, etc, it's NOT all about the drugs, but they do play a large part in it. The drugs these days too, they are shit by comparison, people are drinking a whole lot more now than ever before, and drug users are drinking aswell, something that never used to happen much.

And there's always been records that sample a memorable clip, that will be remembered the next day above all else. Even throughout the rave era!

Urban hype - Trip to Trumpton/NRG - I need your lovin/Hyperlogic - Only me/Smart e's - Sesames treat

I remember us all talking about this one, back in 1994, actually waiting for it to come on the next week!! It's not even very good! It went down exceedingly well at the time tho. :) Like amazingly well!!! :) when the sample finally kicks in! And I still remember the first time we heard it!! :rubbish:

The drugs changed though, pills used to be pretty much everyones drug of choice and the euphoria has gone....just like trance. Cocaine, ketamine and alcohol and GB...now people have moved on to plant food (meow) now...anything to just generally get into a mess seems to be what people expect from the scene now.

I remember us all discussing the fact they should do the match of the day tune, and then not one of us could think of the tune, in a loud club at the time. About an hour or so later, some total stranger came up to me dancing, up to my ear and sang.... ♫♫♪♫♪♫ do do do do dooo dooo doo do do ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪.. in the match of the day tune!! It must have gone round the entire club until someone thought of it, and came back to me. Funny at the time.

You had to be there really! :whistling: